Finally watched S1E10 of the Wire

1,150 Views | 13 Replies | Last: 9 yr ago by kyledr04
phatbc
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Oh Snap. I finally get it. I am hooked.

I have watched the first 9 episodes basically over the past 18 months, slow to get into it, and wife wasn't super into it. But now it's full on chub town.

Plus we live in bmore, so it's even more interesting, and definitely required viewing material.
Sex Panther
AG
AliasMan02
AG
You gots to. This America, man.

From that moment on, i was all in.
ac04
welcome. read sepinwall: http://sepinwall.blogspot.com/2008/08/wire-season-1-episode-10-cost-newbies.html
Redstone
AG
For those of us that viewed the series during its original run, and who also then tolerated the massive love-ins as hipsters flooded into Brooklyn, as artisan cupcake storefronts flourished, as microagressions became more identifiable, et al., it is now rather tiresome to be confronted by Johnny-cum-lately's who want others to ever so suddenly now pay attention to their "discoveries." Sorry, this cannot happen. Time has passed. The show belongs, finally, at peace.
Thunder18
AG
quote:
You gots to. This America, man.

From that moment on, i was all in.
phatbc
Bmore is not half bad, largely because it's close to other cities via train and bus. But the architecture, history and walkability is pretty awesome.
91_Aggie
AG
Almost gave up on this show after first 30 minutes of first episode... glad I stuck through it.
jabberwalkie09
Lt. Joe Bookman
AG
quote:
For those of us that viewed the series during its original run, and who also then tolerated the massive love-ins as hipsters flooded into Brooklyn, as artisan cupcake storefronts flourished, as microagressions became more identifiable, et al., it is now rather tiresome to be confronted by Johnny-cum-lately's who want others to ever so suddenly now pay attention to their "discoveries." Sorry, this cannot happen. Time has passed. The show belongs, finally, at peace.
Quality Redstone post.
Bobcat06
AG
quote:
Almost gave up on this show after first 30 minutes of first episode... glad I stuck through it.
I could understand anything that was being said in the first scene
Frank Sobotka
Just wait until season 2. I'm kind of particular to it.
BBQ4Me
AG
If you thought season 1 started slow, wait till season 2. Prepare to be bored for the first half
Sex Panther
AG
I never got bored in The Wire, and I'm also one of the people who thinks season 2 is one of the best. I thought it was interesting how they switched directions so well.

Also, I'm reading Freakonomics for the first time and there's a great chapter on the business structure of drug dealers and organizations. Definitely worth checking out for any fans of The Wire.
kyledr04
AG
I went to Baltimore shortly after finishing the last season. I rode the train through West Baltimore to DC. The show accurately portrayed "The Western". The show was so real. Great show.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.