Is NOTHING sacred....???

2,259 Views | 9 Replies | Last: 9 yr ago by wesag
James Wilson, MD
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I just saw the trailer for the final installment of the Hobbit.

And to my utter dismay I realized that the subtitle of the movie is The Battle of the Five Armies...

Seriously? It's the Battle of Five Armies!!!! Jackson should know better....

Not to mention that implies that there are only five Armies in Middle Earth...

The phrase is only used twice in TLOR proper. Once in the Prelude describing the battle, and once when Gandalf describes to Frodo when he had some inkling that Bilbos ring was the Ring of Power.

I am so disappointed.
Sex Panther
AG
If it makes you feel better, I can guarantee you that they were aware of it and decided to change it for some reason. I'm guessing because it just sounds better and more dramatic with the "The"

And it probably should've been called There and Back Again, but this whole trilogy is kind of a money grab b/stardization isn't it?
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
If that's your biggest gripe about these 3 movies as a Tolkien purist, you should count your blessings.
R0GUE
AG
quote:
If that's your biggest gripe about these 3 movies as a Tolkien purist, you should count your blessings.

I was gonna say. You weren't clued in a little by the jackrabbit-pod race? Or the big goblin dance number? Or the dwarf/elf slashfic?
James Wilson, MD
quote:

It's not.

Straw and Camel's back I guess.
GinaLinetti
AG
I'm sorry pal.
James Wilson, MD
It's okay Cherry. Just knowing that I have your sympathy makes it a little more bearable.
israeliag
AG
You must hate "The Ohio State University" (although everyone hates that).
R0GUE
AG
quote:
You must hate "The Ohio State University" (although everyone hates that).

I hate them with or without "The".
gigemags-99
AG
Nerd World problems.
wesag
AG
quote:
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.