Jaden and Willow Smith

9,551 Views | 79 Replies | Last: 9 yr ago by tremble
Jacques
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Damn funny stuff:

http://tmagazine.blogs.nytimes.com/2014/11/17/jaden-and-willow-smith-exclusive-joint-interview/?_r=2#more-286071

quote:
I'm curious about your experience of time. Do you feel like life is moving really quickly? Is your music one way to sort of turn it over and reflect on it?
WILLOW: I mean, time for me, I can make it go slow or fast, however I please, and that's how I know it doesn't exist.
JADEN: It's proven that how time moves for you depends on where you are in the universe. It's relative to beings and other places. But on the level of being here on earth, if you are aware in a moment, one second can last a year. And if you are unaware, your whole childhood, your whole life can pass by in six seconds. But it's also such a thing that you can get lost in.
WILLOW: Because living.
JADEN: Right, because you have to live. There's a theoretical physicist inside all of our minds, and you can talk and talk, but it's living.
WILLOW: It's the action of it.

quote:
You mentioned breathing earlier, and it's also an idea that recurs in your songs.
WILLOW: Breathing is meditation; life is a meditation. You have to breathe in order to live, so breathing is how you get in touch with the sacred space of your heart.
JADEN: When babies are born, their soft spots bump: It has, like, a heartbeat in it. That's because energy is coming through their body, up and down.
WILLOW: Prana energy.
JADEN: It's prana energy because they still breathe through their stomach. They remember. Babies remember.
WILLOW: When they're in the stomach, they're so aware, putting all their bones together, putting all their ligaments together. But they're shocked by this harsh world.
JADEN: By the chemicals and things, and then slowly
WILLOW: As they grow up, they start losing.
JADEN: You know, they become just like us.
So is the hardest education the unlearning of things?
WILLOW: Yes, basically, but the crazy thing is it doesn't have to be like that.
JADEN: Here's the deal: School is not authentic because it ends. It's not true, it's not real. Our learning will never end. The school that we go to every single morning, we will continue to go to.
WILLOW: Forever, 'til the day that we're in our bed.
JADEN: Kids who go to normal school are so teenagery, so angsty.
WILLOW: They never want to do anything, they're so tired.
JADEN: You never learn anything in school. Think about how many car accidents happen every day. Driver's ed? What's up? I still haven't been to driver's ed because if everybody I know has been in an accident, I can't see how driver's ed is really helping them out.
zgood10
AG
What the ****
Jacques
jaden's twitter is entertaining, too:

https://twitter.com/OfficialJaden
SeattleAgJr
Just the typical over-privileged, under educated children of celebrities.

Nothing to see here.
Jacques
Jaden Smith @officialjaden Nov 3
I Don't Want You Guys To Think Because I Was Born In America That I Speak And Abide By English Grammar. I Speak Jaden, Indefinitely.
Jacques
Jaden Smith @officialjaden Nov 2
I've Bin Drinking Distilled Water For So Long That When I Drink Normal Water It Feels Like I'm Swallowing Huge Chunks Of Aluminum
Seven Psycho Ags
Wow, Jacques, you sure have a hard on for people you have never met (and if you have...good for you, I guess?).
TCTTS
AG
I read that earlier today, and kept checking and double checking that it was the real deal and not some Onion-type thing. I was convinced it was a parody, and honestly shocked to learn that it wasn't. Really, that's beyond over-privileged/under educated. All things considered, that's some sad, scary, cult-like sh*t coming from a 14 and 16-year-old. Take note: that's what scientology + super-stardom will do to your children. Katie Holmes saw the writing on the wall, and got the hell out before it was too late.
Seven Psycho Ags
I am curious how nepotism works into their philosophy of self-righteousness, though.
Sex Panther
AG
Google jaden smith+Kim and kanye's wedding
TCTTS
AG
quote:
Wow, Jacques, you sure have a hard on for people you have never met (and if you have...good for you, I guess?).

He's just quoting him for entertainment. Chill. Drives me crazy when people take it in the opposite direction when a celeb is mentioned and make it like that person has an obsession with "people they've never met"/celeb culture. It's funny (if it weren't so sad), it's the Entertainment board, and Willow/Jaden are entertainers (in the loosest sense of the term). He's just pointing that out.
israeliag
AG
And that's why you don't do scientology
TCTTS
AG
quote:
Google jaden smith+Kim and kanye's wedding

Ha, saw that. Kid is on his own planet.
Jacques
quote:
I read that earlier today, and kept checking and double checking that it was the real deal and not some Onion-type thing. I was convinced it was a parody, and honestly shocked to learn that it wasn't. Really, that's beyond over-privileged/under educated. All things considered, that's some sad, scary, cult-like sh*t coming from a 14 and 16-year-old. Take note: that's what scientology + super-stardom will do to your children. Katie Holmes saw the writing on the wall, and got the hell out before it was too late.
It doesn't help that the nytimes does these interviews with them and hangs on their words like they have something important to say.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Scientology.
TCTTS
AG
quote:
quote:
It doesn't help that the nytimes does these interviews with them and hangs on their words like they have something important to say.

For sure. Was thinking that as I was reading. The interviewer is just as guilty.
Sex Panther
AG
quote:

I took it as exploiting them. Assumed the guy knew exactly what he was doing and just kept baiting them.
TCTTS
AG
^ Yeah, could be. I didn't read it that way at first, but you're probably right. Makes more sense.
Jacques
Jaden Smith @officialjaden Oct 21
George Jefferson
Jacques
quote:
quote:

I took it as exploiting them. Assumed the guy knew exactly what he was doing and just kept baiting them.
Could be. But these kids and the entire family are too self absorbed to get the message that they're being mocked.
Sex Panther
AG
I really don't know, I'm on my phone and haven't read the whole article. That's honestly just what I assumed since it was so ridiculous.

It's unfortunate as I still really like Will Smith, but you can't deny he has two of the dewshiest, dip-sh/t kids on the planet, and he continually forced them upon us.
Muy
AG
Those are some screwed up kids right there.
Jacques
quote:
I really don't know, I'm on my phone and haven't read the whole article. That's honestly just what I assumed since it was so ridiculous.

It's unfortunate as I still really like Will Smith, but you can't deny he has two of the dewshiest, dip-sh/t kids on the planet, and he continually forced them upon us.
Setting aside the scientology part of it, this is why just loving and indulging your kids is not enough.

I'm sure this is a loving family. But if it was not for the money, these kids would be in deep ****. They may still be anyway.
TCTTS
AG
Kid at the top of the stairs is Moises Arias, one of the stars of The Kings of Summer, and apparently one of Jaden's best friends. I once saw Arias do a Q&A in person after a Kings of Summer screening, and he was so incredibly weird. Like, super strange. These kids truly are messed up...

Jacques
Jaden Smith @officialjaden Oct 1
Monday

(Oct. 1 was a Wednesday)
Sex Panther
AG
Yeah, you could probably write a whole psychology book on what happened with this family... It seems like Will Smith is definitely an extremely loving and caring father. Doesn't strike me as an absentee type, even with the insane type of schedule he must have had/has. I'm sure scientology is the main culprit, but it definitely seems if you are a super star in Hollywood, the odds of your kids not being a train wreck is pretty slim.
Jacques
Jaden Smith @officialjaden Sep 28
I Woke Up At 12:34 Folks
0 replies1,982 retweets3,447 favorites Reply
Retweet2K
Favorite3.4K
More
Jaden Smith @officialjaden Sep 28
3:49
0 replies1,125 retweets1,959 favorites Reply
Retweet1.1K
Favorite2K
More
Jaden Smith @officialjaden Sep 27
12:49
0 replies1,382 retweets2,204 favorites Reply
Retweet1.4K
Favorite2.2K
More
Seven Psycho Ags
quote:
quote:

He's just quoting him for entertainment. Chill. Drives me crazy when people take it in the opposite direction when a celeb is mentioned and make it like that person has an obsession with "people they've never met"/celeb culture. It's funny (if it weren't so sad), it's the Entertainment board, and Willow/Jaden are entertainers (in the loosest sense of the term). He's just pointing that out.

You're right. It's entertaining, frustrating, sad, and hilarious. It was also 4 or 6 posts all being by OP at the time I typed that. I personally don't have that much of an investment on what a dip**** 16 year old I've never met has to say on Twitter. So when I came in and saw this thread looking like a Twitter feed I was like "wow". Carry on.
Jacques
quote:
Kid at the top of the stairs is Moises Arias, one of the stars of The Kings of Summer, and apparently one of Jaden's best friends. I once saw Arias do a Q&A in person after a Kings of Summer screening, and he was so incredibly weird. Like, super strange. These kids truly are messed up...

That kid could look anyway he wants to look. And he chose to look like that. Incredible.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
You would think between Uncle Phil's stern demeanor yet cuddly interior and Aunt Viv's 1-2 punch of sass and soul, the Fresh Prince would have become a better father than to allow this sheeet
Cyprian
AG
Average Joe
AG
Is Will Smith going to shoot Willow for reading a quantum physics book? Those books are way too advanced for her.
CheeseSndwch
I'm a huge science fiction fan and Jaden Smith's ******baggery made me make a conscious decision not to see After Earth. This thread only reinforces my opinion.
zap
AG
Meh...they seem deluded and naive, but not self-destructive. At the end of the day, they are not hurting themselves or others.
TexAg1987
quote:
I'm a huge science fiction fan and Jaden Smith's ******baggery made me make a conscious decision not to see After Earth. This thread only reinforces my opinion.

You're smart. That was one of the worst movies I've ever watched.
Last Page
Page 1 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.