The Band Perry covers "Gentle on my Mind"

647 Views | 2 Replies | Last: 9 yr ago by Worm01
bagger05
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG

Heard this on the way home and I loved it (guess it's not really NEW but I don't listen to the radio much). The Band Perry is kinda hit and miss for me, and I've never thought that Kimberly Perry had a great voice for traditional sounding country but I think this song is an absolute home run. She sings it like it was written for her.

I like it better than the original record. This version seems to drive a little bit harder and I think it works really, really well.
RAB91
I agree that it is a really good song. I think that they show up somewhere in the new Glen Campbell documentary.
$240 Worth of Pudding
AG
quote:
I like it better than the original record.
Blasphemy!
Worm01
AG
This version is pretty good. The version they performed at the CMA's last week made me want to climb into the TV and beat the crap out of all of them. I suspected it was an attempt to kill Glen Campbell.

This is the best though. I normally like songs that "drive", but Gentle on my Mind should flow. Only thing I don't like about this version is the last 5 seconds.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.