30 For 30: Brian and the Boz

3,560 Views | 33 Replies | Last: 9 yr ago by Stupe
mike_ags_fan12
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Interesting to see what was the whole hype of the one and only Boz.
Nonregdrummer09
AG
Didn't really appreciate that line about A&M though.
Jrock76
AG
What line about a&m?
jbanda
AboveAndBeyond
Dude is built like a damn house.
Lungblood
He was a dbag then and he's a dbag now. I get the impression that's he's sorry he got caught. He's just not really sorry.
TCTTS
AG
I've actually partied with the Boz a few times, and he's super cool in person. A couple friends of mine where in a band in LA, but were also waitresses at a restaurant we frequented, and Boz is friends with the owner and would always show up to their concerts with the the owner. They weren't very big venues at all - mostly bars and what not - so I ended up talking to him multiple times. Really laid back and personable, at least when drinking and listening to music.
Billy Liuccis Facial Hair
AG
Where do you get the impression that he isn't sorry for what he did?
Lungblood
What I saw tonight looked like a bad reality tv show with scripted emotion.
mike_ags_fan12
quote:
What I saw tonight looked like a bad reality tv show with scripted emotion.

+1. Like why would you keep that shirt!?!
Big Cat `93
AG
I like how there was already a camera filming in Boz's storage space when they opened the door.
I Am A Critic
His son is not a good actor.
ORAggieFan
I lived in Seattle when he was drafted. I dressed as The Boz for Halloween one year. I had the "Land of Boz" poster they showed laminated and hanging in my bedroom. I remember him being pissed he couldn't wear 44 in the NFL (Linebackers had to be in the 50s) so he wore 55.

I enjoyed it. I did find the whole storage thing cheesy, but there were some good parts to it. Also learned a lot as I was really young back then.
Big Cat `93
AG
It was cool seeing clips from the wild card game against the Oilers. That was the last NFL game I attended. (Yes, that's sad.) Steve Largent was unreal that day.
Centerpole90
AG
I didn't get to watch all of it, and I know they picked the right plays to highlight, but DAMN - it looks like he's 2 yards deep when the BALL IS SNAPPED. Dude was fast.
ce1994
AG
He seemed pretty contrite to me. I don't know what is really in his heart but it seemed sincere.
ce1994
AG
It goes without saying that Mr. Barry Switzer ran a VERY los ship.
HarleySpoon
AG
A good friend of mine in high school dated Boz for over a year when they were in high school. She broke up with him his senior year. I believe.....she was a year or so younger than him. In any event, when she broke up with him......his reaction was to drive the car in which they were traveling into a tree in an attempt to hurt her. He was not famous at the time.....but well known in his hometown (which bordered my hometown.) He doesn't seem to have changed much.
SteveA
AG
The whole thing was a pity party and him blaming his dad for all the stupid **** he did.
LawAg05
AG
Really intriguing story about marketing and the NCAA historically. I came away from this piece thinking the NCAA has been running a slave labor market for generations and the Boz has no accountability. He sold out everyone and everything because it benefited him, now he blames his dad for why he did it. However, he does appear genuinely remorseful for how it played out, but hindsight will do that.

His story really should be taught in all college marketing classes.
Skinny Wrinkles
AG
I told you to stop taking steroids in May!
/Switzer
HTownAg98
My second cousin played football with him in Seattle for one season. After that season, he asked to be traded because he couldn't stand Bosworth.
wesag
AG
quote:
He was a dbag then and he's a dbag now. I get the impression that's he's sorry he got caught. He's just not really sorry.
agree, though he did come off relatively intelligent. And the show was excellent.
dave94
AG
Just saw a replay of this and maybe it's the Christmas spirit, but I actually did think he was sincere in his remorse.

I didn't know all the details of his story so this doc. was pretty great.
aTmAg
AG
I missed it. What did he do that was remorse worthy? I thought he was nothing more than an overrated player who got exposed in the nfl.
dfphotos
Overrated? One of the best to play college football.
wesag
AG
I enjoyed the program, but I don't care for him, if that's possible.
dave94
AG
quote:
I missed it. What did he do that was remorse worthy? I thought he was nothing more than an overrated player who got exposed in the nfl.
He entered the NFL after Switzer kicked him off the team following a positive steroid test. He almost immediately wrote a book (with that hack Rick O'Reilly) and blasted the OU program, exposing them to NCAA violations.

He was ostracized from the program for years and recently was welcomed back.
wesag
AG
He made his bed. He more regrets that he got hurt than is truly sorry for the rest, I surmise.
wesag
AG
Humble pie isn't easy to take.
Disco Stu
AG
It was interesting, but the whole thing seemed contrived to me.
wesag
AG
quote:

It was contrived, but for those of us who grew up back then, it was more a walk down memory lane of the 80s, even if you didn't like him. Why he thought to put down A&M is that he is petty.
dave94
AG
quote:
quote:

It was contrived, but for those of us who grew up back then, it was more a walk down memory lane of the 80s, even if you didn't like him. Why he thought to put down A&M is that he is petty.
Again, maybe it's just me, but I didn't take what he said as a shot at A&M.

Paraphrasing, he said he had the offer from OU (who already had 2 Natty's under Switzer) and was feeling intimidated by the heightened expectations that would go with accepting there. So he said "I took the chicken-sh*t way out" and accepted to A&M.

I think people look for any reason to feel like A&M is being slighted. That wasn't the tone of his statement at all.
wesag
AG
Because we didn't have expectations? What year was that? What kind of talent were we pilling?
Stupe
S
quote:
He was not overrated in college. Not remotely.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.