Saw Divergent last night

1,258 Views | 7 Replies | Last: 9 yr ago by easttexasaggie04
Brian Earl Spilner
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Isn't this series pretty much just Hunger Games meets Harry Potter? It wasn't terrible but it just seemed so derivative.

How do they keep churning out these YA series and people just keep eating them up?
FriendlyAg
Take it to the GB
agmatt06
AG
Harry Potter?
BigRobSA
quote:
Isn't this series pretty much just Hunger Games meets Harry Potter? It wasn't terrible but it just seemed so derivative.

How do they keep churning out these YA series and people just keep eating them up?
They're betting on a lot of stupid people being willing to part with $10 a ticket to see this tripe.

Their bets are paying off.
double aught
AG
Decent movie. Good soundtrack.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
quote:
Harry Potter?
Yeah. Maybe not the magic and sorcery but I got a very distinct Harry Potter vibe with the whole choosing your faction stuff, Tris sort of being destined for greatness because of her parents, etc.
Btron
AG
Decent movie.
I would have liked to have seen the different sub groups "onboarding" process.
Knife_Party
As long as they don't flip the masculine and feminine roles like they did in hunger games I'm ok with it. I saw it the other day as well and was surprisingly entertained. Ridiculous story premise though. Maybe it's easier to build up in the books than on screen.
easttexasaggie04
AG
The longer I watched this movie the less I liked it.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.