Friday the 13th

650 Views | 11 Replies | Last: 9 yr ago by ro828
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Anyone else think this story/concept has a ton of unfulfilled potential? Its always so poorly done but i feel like it can be really good if it had some good writing and true story telling behind it.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
I enjoy a good Friday the 13th movie as much as the next guy, but what potential are you talking about? What else is there to do in the "masked killer murdering teens in the woods" genre? I mean hell, they've even sent him to space.
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
i mean a reboot. a different version of how Jason becomes Jason. include a primary character antagonist from law enforcement maybe that is the star of the movie and doesn't get decapitated 20 mins in. idk just feels like it can be done so much better.
Knife_Party
To be fair, most horror movies make the plot, acting, and writing crap on purpose.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
I feel the same, but for the Halloween series. Rob Zombie had the right idea but the execution was horrible.

We don't necessarily need to see Michael as a kid, just throw in some flashbacks that give us hints as to how and why he became pure evil. But the more mysterious, the better. I never dug on the Samhain/Curse of Thorn aspect too much.

Also, focus on atmosphere and suspense like Carpenter did. We don't need the blood, gore, and cheap scares. Those should just be "bonuses", but not the main course.
TXAG 05
AG
The original Halloween is perfect the way it is and the sequels, with the exception of 2 should be pretty much ignored.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Yep. Though 4 is somewhat decent (save for that godawful mask), and H20 is a guilty pleasure.
BurnetAggie99
They are making a new Friday the 13th. Paramount pictures has the rights back. Their is a early poster out there shows Jason walking in the snow. Supposed to be out November 2015.
TXAG 05
AG
quote:
i mean a reboot. a different version of how Jason becomes Jason. include a primary character antagonist from law enforcement maybe that is the star of the movie and doesn't get decapitated 20 mins in. idk just feels like it can be done so much better.

They did a reboot about 5 years ago that changed things around, at least a little bit.
Seven Psycho Ags
Less talk, more Freddy vs. Jason vs. Ash
DCC99
AG
I really liked Rob Zombie's Halloween remake. Didn't see his sequel though.
Daveintx
When Zombie was first announced to be doing Halloween I thought YES! Because someone who was an actual fan was getting a crack and putting Halloween back where it belonged.....

If only I'd known then the crapfest that would soon follow
ro828
Rob Zombie is a terrific director. I figured that out when I saw House of 1,000 Corpses. But he insists on writing his own screenplays, and he's a terrible writer.

I've seen all the Friday the 13th movies, usually on opening weekend, and am looking forward to seeing a new one. The one a few years ago was great, with bonus points for having been filmed in Austin, Wimberley, and Bastrop.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.