*** In the Heart of the Sea *** directed by Ron Howard

1,002 Views | 8 Replies | Last: 9 yr ago by MW03
Max Power
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG

hunter2012
AG
fascinating story, hopefully they don't go too CGI with it....

Basically go Master and Commander and don't get too carried away with the whale animation...
West Texan
AG
I saw this earlier. Looks awesome to me.
Bruce Almighty
AG
Can't wait. Moby Dick is one of my favorite stories of all time.
wangus12
AG
I read the original book by Owen Chase (Chris Hemsworth's character) about the Essex and that is what inspired Melville to write Moby Dick. It is truly an incredible tale. I suggest finding a copy of it.
PatAg
AG
We know it will at least be visually stunning
FriendlyAg
This movie is based off the original book, which I believe is called in the heart of the sea. Fantasy book. I'm about 80% done.
OldArmy71
AG
Thanks for sharing this! I hope it's good. The story is certainly there for a good film, though it is really a survival story rather than a Jaws-type fight, since the actual sinking is only a small part of what happened.

I assume the movie is based on the book by the same title by Nathaniel Philbrick, who used sources such as Owen Chase's book (a very good read).
MW03
AG
MW03
AG
Teaser Trailer

quote:
From Warner Bros. Pictures comes this first trailer and poster for Ron Howard's 'In the Heart of the Sea,' which opens on March 13th, 2015. Based on Nathaniel Philbrick's best-selling novel about the dramatic true journey of the whaling ship Essex, 'In the Heart of the Sea' stars Chris Hemsworth as the vessel's veteran first mate Owen Chase; Benjamin Walker as its inexperienced Captain, George Pollard; Cillian Murphy as second mate Matthew Joy; and Ben Whishaw as novelist Herman Melville, whose inquiries into the event 30 years later helped bring the story to light. The film also stars Tom Holland as young seaman Tom Nickerson, and Brendan Gleeson as the same man, 30 years later. Spanish actor Jordi Moll is the captain of another ship, the Archimedes, who tries to warn the Essex of what may lie ahead.

In the winter of 1820, the New England whaling ship Essex was assaulted by something no one could believe: a whale of mammoth size and will, and an almost human sense of vengeance. The real-life maritime disaster would inspire Melville's Moby-Dick. But that told only half the story. 'In the Heart of the Sea' reveals the encounter's harrowing aftermath, as the ship's surviving crew is pushed to their limits and forced to do the unthinkable to stay alive. Braving storms, starvation, panic and despair, the men will call into question their deepest beliefs, from the value of their lives to the morality of their trade, as their captain searches for direction on the open sea and his first mate still seeks to bring the great whale down.

SOURCE
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.