I went to the Fury Premier today...

11,428 Views | 91 Replies | Last: 9 yr ago by bevokilla
whatthecrunchyo
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
It was a good movie! Go see it!

I thought twice about posting selfies on here, but why not? Rule 1...rules are rules.

Brad Pitt

Sex Panther
AG
Damn dude, you met the Pitt?? That's awesome.
whatthecrunchyo
AG
Damn photo machine is broken!!
whatthecrunchyo
AG
Shia Lebeouf

whatthecrunchyo
AG
Michael Pena

whatthecrunchyo
AG
Logan Lerman

whatthecrunchyo
AG
David Ayer

Sex Panther
AG
You should've asked Shia if he'd take the picture of you and Brad
LHIOB
AG
Pitt looking a little like Aldo The Apache
whatthecrunchyo
AG
whatthecrunchyo
AG

MW03
AG
Nice work captain!
hunter2012
AG
quote:
You should've asked Shia if he'd take the picture of you and Brad
given his paper bag incident, that would have been hilarious...
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Killing gnat-sis.
wangus12
AG
Glad you had fun and nice to here the movie was good as well
CheeseSndwch
What's the deal with Lebeouf's cover having rank insignia and airplane food?
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
Wow, it's Army from The Shield!

Really cool for you, but based on the trailer, that movie does not look good.
TCTTS
AG
This is awesome. What a cool experience.
whatthecrunchyo
AG
quote:
What's the deal with Lebeouf's cover having rank insignia and airplane food?
He kept swapping hats with soldiers throughout the day. He's pretty eccentric, but seemed pretty warm.
BQ08
AG
quote:
Wow, it's Army from The Shield!

Really cool for you, but based on the trailer, that movie does not look good.

Lol troll
zap
AG
OP, That looks like a fun time!
jeffk
Say Chowdah
AG
Did they do the premier at Benning?
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
Not a troll, saw the trailer in front of Gone Girl, looked like they were trying to emulate SPR and failing miserably. Just my opinion, brother.
FL_Ag1998
AG
In all fairness, the same director did End of Watch, and that trailer was horrible. Then I watched the movie, and it was actually pretty good and nothing whatsoever like the trailer.
Funky Winkerbean
AG
One of the best war movies I have seen. Great performances by all cast members, go see it
Head Ninja In Charge
AG
Dope pics.
Btron
AG
I agree, this does not look good.
Typically movies that come out after the summer and before the holiday aren't that good. Typically!
This one looks like a money grab. Brady Pitt + WW2 + War hero= Butts in the seat. Throw in one of these guys being an Aggie or Texan and you have a TA wet dream.
Sex Panther
AG
It has a 78% on Rotten Tomatoes, looks pretty good to me.

And I don't think it's a money grab. Money grab's in my opinion are things like crappy sequels, teenage dystopian novels turned films, or **** that stars Melissa McCarthy.

I think this is Pitt continuing his quest for an Oscar. Haven't heard too much buzz on his performance though yet. TC have you?
Dirty Mike and the Boys
AG
quote:
One of the best war movies I have seen. Great performances by all cast members, go see it

This movie immediately jumped into my top 10 all time favorites. The depth and substance in all aspects from acting, fiming, writing, even wardrobe was almost overwhelming for me.

For the book readers/artsy movie types, you have essentially 5 actors on their A games at the same time combined with subtle and not hackneyed symbolism throughout the film. Each scene is placed in perfect order to further develop a character. Many of the scenes and transitions play out like a novel without feeling like it. The dining room scene for the artsy types (admittedly myself) was on the level of brilliance I haven't seen since some of the scenes in The Assassination of Jesse James.

For the "just want to see an action movie" types, there are plenty of action sequences and they're all about as well done as you can do them. Each action sequence is a unique scenario in which the advantages and disadvantages of tank warfare are superbly displayed. There is no shaky-cam, and the movement of the tanks is done to show the unique dynamics these soldiers were dealing with. There is plenty of violence and not just for the sake of it, plenty of Nazi hating (cause **** the Nazis, right?), and plenty of bad-assery going on by Brad Pitt. If you just want action, this movie has loads of it.

For the sake of not writing an entire novel, I will tease this movie by saying I think this movie topped Saving Private Ryan. And I say that as a huge Saving Private Ryan fan.
Dirty Mike and the Boys
AG
Its far from a money grab. It really is in my opinion a masterpiece for the war genre.
Funky Winkerbean
AG
Dirty Mike-
Well put. The dining room scene was as you said something special. Rivaled the bar scene in Inglorious *******s IMO. Cinematography was exceptional, as well as makeup and wardrobe. Pitt just might get an Oscar for this one.
Head Ninja In Charge
AG
quote:
I agree, this does not look good.
Typically movies that come out after the summer and before the holiday aren't that good. Typically!
This one looks like a money grab. Brady Pitt + WW2 + War hero= Butts in the seat. Throw in one of these guys being an Aggie or Texan and you have a TA wet dream.

Gravity, Captain Phillips, and 12 Years a Slave all came out in October last year.
Btron
AG
That's why I said Typically with an exclamation. Because I knew there had to be exceptions.
LE_Funt
AG
Very good movie.
Last Page
Page 1 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.