Did anyone use to watch USA Up All Night?

6,788 Views | 45 Replies | Last: 9 yr ago by twenty two ags
gigemags-99
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
But I was a bigger fan of Monster-Vision with Joe Bob Briggs
Was that the one where he would sit in a lawn chair in front of a camper?

Yeah buddy

Loved Joe Bob!

I'm 37

My favorite episode was when he showed Phantasm (II?) and kept going off about them destroying the Hemi Cudas during the stunts.
Duncan Idaho
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
But I was a bigger fan of Monster-Vision with Joe Bob Briggs
Was that the one where he would sit in a lawn chair in front of a camper?

Yeah buddy

And the victim of the most ridiculous case of p.c. prosecution.

Link? a little background?

http://www.nytimes.com/1985/04/18/us/charges-of-racism-cause-texas-paper-to-cancel-column.html
ro828
I turned 68 in July and was a very loyal fan of Up All Night. I remember Rhonda Shear (spelling?) saying of some women in prison movie that it was "made in the Philippines, where life is cheap and so are production values."

And wasn't Monster Vision with Joe Bob Briggs the highest rated program on USA Network?
twenty two ags
quote:
And dont forget the Cartoon Express on Sunday mornings. I used to load up on Captain Caveman, JabberJaw, and Grape Ape before having to go to church. That was back when they actually let kids have a mental break and showed cartoons (that weren't "educational" like they all have to be nowadays) on Sat and Sun mornings.
wow. so now that there are half a dozen channels showing cartoons 24/7 kids actually have it worse than 25yrs ago when you were a kid because grape ape doesnt come on USA on sunday mornings?
TXAG 05
AG
32 in a couple weeks, always watched Monster Vision.

quote:
Nice plot about a bikini contest to save a bar and the nerd girl (who's actually a ten) that designs bikinis for it.
Let me guess, they nerded her up with a pair of glasses?
FL_Ag1998
AG
quote:
quote:
And dont forget the Cartoon Express on Sunday mornings. I used to load up on Captain Caveman, JabberJaw, and Grape Ape before having to go to church. That was back when they actually let kids have a mental break and showed cartoons (that weren't "educational" like they all have to be nowadays) on Sat and Sun mornings.
wow. so now that there are half a dozen channels showing cartoons 24/7 kids actually have it worse than 25yrs ago when you were a kid because grape ape doesnt come on USA on sunday mornings?

First of all, aren't most kids in school until the mid to late afternoon? Then they have a few hours before they have to go to bed. So go ahead and rule out the weekdays from your attempt at a smart-ass reply.

So that leaves the weekend - have you actually watched any of the lame cartoons on these days? The majority are "educational" in some format (teaching vocabulary, math, or how to interact in social situations). Am I going to complain about my son watching Martha Speaks and learning some new words? No. But a part of me (on his behalf) misses being able to come home from school and watch G.I. Joe kick some Cobra butt, or turn on Looney Toons on a Saturday morning.

If you can't see the difference in cartoon viewing these days (I can't believe I'm even arguing this, work really is slow today) then clearly you're too young to grasp what I was arguing in my OP.
gigemags-99
AG
Settle down fellas.

The Collective
AG
Great stuff
Jacques
quote:
32 in a couple weeks, always watched Monster Vision.

quote:
Nice plot about a bikini contest to save a bar and the nerd girl (who's actually a ten) that designs bikinis for it.
Let me guess, they nerded her up with a pair of glasses?

Pretty much. Yes. That movie actually did that twice. There was a cute DA that was kind of *****y, also in glasses, trying to shut them down for unauthorized bikini contesting.

She sneaks into the bar later and takes of her glasses and clothes and prances around in this tiny liitle swimsuit. Nicely done.
SlimM
AG
I loved Up All Night!
Did anyone watch Saturday Nightmares on USA?
CheeseSndwch
All this talk reminds me of the Malibu Bikini Shop which I want to say involved some kind of race to save there shop.
twenty two ags
quote:
First of all, aren't most kids in school until the mid to late afternoon? Then they have a few hours before they have to go to bed. So go ahead and rule out the weekdays from your attempt at a smart-ass reply.
what an idiotic attempt at rationalization. you're right, champ, no kids in america watch television at all during the week.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.