*** DC Extended Universe ***

781,462 Views | 7643 Replies | Last: 3 mo ago by TCTTS
TCTTS
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Warner Bros. is currently holding a big shareholder meeting, and just revealed a huge chunk of the DC slate they announced a few weeks back (which were only dates, no titles). Since we have a thread going for the MCU, I figure we might as well start one for the DCCU(?). You can find the Batman v Superman thread here, and, like the Marvel thread, this will be for general talk and future movies without specific threads yet (though I suspect this one will have a lot more negativity than the Marvel thread, and deservedly so). Anyway, here's what we're looking at as of now...

03.06.2016 = Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice
08.05.2016 = Suicide Squad

06.23.2017 = Justice League: Part 1
11.17.2017 = Wonder Woman

03.23.2018 = The Flash (starring Ezra Miller - literally just announced)
07.27.2018 = Aquaman

04.05.2019 = Shazam (starring Dwayne Johnson)
06.19.2019 = Justice League: Part 2

04.03.2020 = Cyborg
06.19.2020 = Green Lantern (reboot)

New stand-alone movies for Superman and Batman were announced as well, so expect additional dates for those at some point. Overall, it sounds like these movies won't be as connected as the MCU (I don't think Suicide Squad and Shazam will ever intersect with the others), but this is still fairly daunting nonetheless. If anything, it'll be interesting to see this all play out.
fig96
AG
Dammit I was JUST making this thread
fig96
AG
Fine, here:

Via entertainment reporter @benfritz:

quote:
@benfritz 26m26 minutes ago
First DC movie after Batman vs Superman will be Suicide Squad

quote:
@benfritz 26m26 minutes ago
"Wonder Woman" movie coming in 2017!

quote:
@benfritz 25m25 minutes ago
2nd DC movie in 2017: Justice League

quote:
2018 DC Movies: The Flash starring Ezra Miller and Aquaman starring Jason Momoa

quote:
2019 DC Movies: Shazam (with Dwayne Johnson as Black Adam) and Justice League 2

quote:
@benfritz 24m24 minutes ago
Other DC movies in the works: Cyborg, a Green Lantern reboot, and new stand-alone Superman and Batman movies

One slightly more detailed tidbit:

quote:
@Borys_Kit 4m4 minutes ago
and CYBORG starring Ray Fisher in 2020. Also in 2020: a new GREEN LANTERN.
Aggie_Journalist
AG
So it sounds like the DCCU will ignore its TV properties, unlike the MCU?
TCTTS
AG
^ Yeah, looks like it, considering The Flash casting news.
Sex Panther
AG
Ezra Miller? That is a terrible choice.

And who the hell is Ray Fisher? Look at his imdb page, its flat out laughable.
Nonregdrummer09
AG
Erza Miller as the Flash confuses me. But it's really a long list of casting that confuses me from WB. I guess it depends on which Flash he's playing.

Also, why such a big gap between JL Part 1 and 2? Are they separate films with their own conclusions or is it going to be to be continued making people wait two years for a pay off?
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
If I ran a newspaper/magazine or entertainment site, my headline for this would be

"Warner Bros. announces plan to directly copy Marvel's success; will probably fail"
Nonregdrummer09
AG
Also, Suicide Squad could be really, really awesome if done properly.

Are all of these going to be directed by Zack Snyder? (I kid, hopefully).
TajMaballer
AG
I'm actually glad the tv shows and movies are separate. I wouldn't want them to ruin the good thing that CW has going.

That being said, we are actually getting an Aquaman movie! I'm actually excited to see it whether it looks good or bad... Ok who am I kidding, I'm seeing all of these movies.
Nonregdrummer09
AG
TCTTS I'm seeing the Justice League movies being reported as Part One and Part Two as opposed to 1 and 2, which one is correct?
Nonregdrummer09
AG
quote:
I'm actually glad the tv shows and movies are separate. I wouldn't want them to ruin the good thing that CW has going.

That being said, we are actually getting an Aquaman movie! I'm actually excited to see it whether it looks good or bad... Ok who am I kidding, I'm seeing all of these movies.

I love the CW shows, I hope they can do their own JL in some fashion (still hoping for Nightwing to make an appearance on Arrow).
fig96
AG
quote:

Truth. They may suck, but just take my money.

quote:
TCTTS I'm seeing the Justice League movies being reported as Part One and Part Two as opposed to 1 and 2, which one is correct?

If I remember correctly, wasn't there talk of BvS being a cliffhanger that would lead right into Justice League? Might be continued in JL 1/Part 1.
fig96
AG
So I just looked up Ezra Miller and Ray Fisher...DC is clear that these are movies, not WB shows?
TCTTS
AG
quote:

I honestly don't know, and WB is being kind of vague. BvS was definitely talked about as ending with a cliffhanger, with JL essentially be a sequel, but who knows now. That's probably still the case, since JL2 is coming two years after JL1, but maybe both BvS and JL1 end on cliffhangers? All we know is that Snyder has just been announced to direct BOTH JL movies now as well.
Nonregdrummer09
AG
I do like David Ayer as the director of Suicide Squad, that's the best decision WB has made so far.
TCTTS
AG
Also, btw, being the freak that I am, it's driving me nuts that I didn't all cap this thread title to match the Marvel one.
Nonregdrummer09
AG
I thought you could edit thread titles now?
TCTTS
AG
It's not letting me. I usually see that edit tab in the title after I first post a thread, but then it goes away a few minutes/posts later for whatever reason.
TCTTS
AG
Actually, I can still edit the MCU thread title for whatever reason, but not this one. Weird.
redline248
AG
watchlisting, just for fun
Jack Thauer
AG
Marvel casting >>>>>>>>> DC casting
Sex Panther
AG
From what I know about the Suicide Squad that could actually be really cool especially with David Ayer helming. However, that would have to be a hard R right? And people's heads would have to blow up.

Who are the primary members of the Suicide Squad? Deadshot and Harley Quinn right? Do they do a Harley Quinn without a Joker? Not sure DC should try the Joker again so soon.
Nonregdrummer09
AG
I just think it's weird to introduce the villains before you even properly introduce the heroes. And I'm not sure the general public will be down with a Suicide Squad movie, especially if they make it R (which there is no way that is happening.)

I saw this on twitter, thought it was pretty right on:

(Have to link it, didn't see bad word in there.)

Real titles to DC movies
Dr. Horrible
quote:
So it sounds like the DCCU will ignore its TV properties, unlike the MCU?
Maybe the movie flash will be Jay Garrick instead of Barry Allen.
Aggie_Journalist
AG
10 titles, and the only one I'm interested in seeing right now is Wonder Woman - which could quickly change if the trailers for it stink.

Everything else feels stale or uninteresting.

Maybe a friend drags me to see BvS or justice league and maybe one or both blow me away, but if they aren't worlds better than MoS then I won't be catching any of those others.
MooreTrucker
AG
quote:
10 titles, and the only one I'm interested in seeing right now is Wonder Woman - which could quickly change if the trailers for it stink.

Everything else feels stale or uninteresting.

Maybe a friend drags me to see BvS or justice league and maybe one or both blow me away, but if they aren't worlds better than MoS then I won't be catching any of those others.
I'm interested in all but the Suicide Squad, which I've never ever heard of. Of course, I haven't been into comic books for quite awhile, so I guess I'm not the target demo anyway. I find it interesting that they're doing the SS movie next, as opposed to some of the more "famous" ones.
TCTTS
AG
Here's the basic arc of BvS, JL1, and JL2. I'd technically consider this spoiler territory, but I doubt anyone really cares. Could be cool, but probably won't be...

quote:
BvS will end with the Justice League either assembled or all onscreen, having figured out the big threat facing them. There's been another villain working behind the scenes of that movie and, as Latino Review reported, it's Brainiac. That's your Justice League villain, and my sources tell me that he'll be defeated by a team that is made up of Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, Cyborg, Aquaman and The Flash. Then at the end of the movie Green Lantern shows up and is like, "Guys, there's a big bad guy from space coming your way," and the Justice League is like, "Nah, brah, we got it already," and Green Lantern is like, "Dudes. DUDES. It's Darkseid."

All of this **** apparently springs from Superman's Kryptonian beacon - that's how Brainiac finds Earth, at least. Aquaman's story is going to kick off from the World Engine laying waste to Atlantis. I understand that General Zod's corpse plays a big role in BvS - all of the DC Movieverse is going to spring from the events of Man of Steel

http://badassdigest.com/2014/10/15/zack-snyder-remains-king-of-the-dc-movieverse-is-directing-justice-league-2/
Sex Panther
AG
quote:
I'm interested in all but the Suicide Squad, which I've never ever heard of.

Think I've got the gist of them down.

Basically it's a bunch of scrub villains that are in prison, and the government tells them they can join a team and do covert, sketchy, dangerous missions for time off their sentence (or maybe they don't have a choice). Either way, the missions are pretty much suicide so, hence the name. Also they put explosives in their heads so if they go rogue they get killed in a pretty imaginative way.

That's actually a cool idea, but the problem is they are some serious D Listers for the most part. Deadshot is a legit character, and Harley Quinn is well known... but some of the other members include a guy named Captain Boomerang, and literally a real life Street Shark. Not kidding...

Arrow did an episode with them... well like three guys, but really it was just two.
Nonregdrummer09
AG
quote:
Here's the basic arc of BvS, JL1, and JL2. I'd technically consider this spoiler territory, but I doubt anyone really cares. Could be cool, but probably won't be...

quote:
BvS will end with the Justice League either assembled or all onscreen, having figured out the big threat facing them. There's been another villain working behind the scenes of that movie and, as Latino Review reported, it's Brainiac. That's your Justice League villain, and my sources tell me that he'll be defeated by a team that is made up of Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, Cyborg, Aquaman and The Flash. Then at the end of the movie Green Lantern shows up and is like, "Guys, there's a big bad guy from space coming your way," and the Justice League is like, "Nah, brah, we got it already," and Green Lantern is like, "Dudes. DUDES. It's Darkseid."

All of this **** apparently springs from Superman's Kryptonian beacon - that's how Brainiac finds Earth, at least. Aquaman's story is going to kick off from the World Engine laying waste to Atlantis. I understand that General Zod's corpse plays a big role in BvS - all of the DC Movieverse is going to spring from the events of Man of Steel

http://badassdigest.com/2014/10/15/zack-snyder-remains-king-of-the-dc-movieverse-is-directing-justice-league-2/

So are all of the solo films between Part 1 and Part 2 prequel films then? Is Shazam just not a part of the overall DCU picture? Are they just not doing Martian Manhunter (another big mistake if so)?
Nonregdrummer09
AG
Btw, rumored list of Suicide Squad members:

Blockbuster
Multiplex
Jaculi
Mindboggler
Vixen
Captain Boomerang (Possibly just called Harkness in the movie).
and possibly Deadshot

No Harley Quinn.

So yeah, that's going to thrill people. I think a lot of people will say "No Harley, no thanks." and a lot more will say no if there is no Deadshot.
bearamedic99
AG
Is it wrong that when I hear bombs in their heads to force them to comply, I think that they are copying Spike from Buffy tVS?
Nonregdrummer09
AG
Apparently this is who is being targeted for Suicide Squad

Immediate thoughts: Seriously doubt they get all of them.

But the casting here is probably:

Will Smith-Dead Shot
Margot Robbie-Vixen
Tom Hardy-Captain Boomerang
Ryan Goseling-Could play a number of them.

I think in the end they only get Will Smith and Margot Robbie.
Sex Panther
AG
Wait, wait, wait... So, DC/WB has so far casted the dream team of Henry Cavill (Superman), Ezra Miller (The Flash), Jason Mamoa (Aquaman) and the always incredible Ray Farmer (Cyborg), all for their own stand alone films...

But they plan on getting Will Smith, Ryan Gosling and Tom Hardy to all share screen time as a team of a bunch of nobody villains??

Seems legit.
toucan82
Tom Hardy would be awesome as Bane
Last Page
Page 1 of 219

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.