Marry Me

2,266 Views | 28 Replies | Last: 9 yr ago by Charpie
Jim01
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Big thumbs up so far. I was a huge fan of Happy Endings, and this is from the same creator. Stars the lovely Casey Wilson (also his wife as it may be), and Ken Marino. Plus Sarah Wright for some eye candy.

I laughed out loud multiple times at the pilot.

Here's hoping it continues to be aahhhhMAZing.
Sex Panther
AG
Gotta remember to watch this. Loved Happy Endings and Ken Marino.
AgPediRPh
AG
Hilarious pilot! I was shocked at the surfer girl joke, but there were a lot of awful/hilarious jokes. Marino is nails!
agmatt06
AG
What time/day does it come on?

I was late to the party on Happy Endings, but enjoyed that cast.
MSCAg
AG
I liked the pilot. Hoping it does well, she was definitely one of the better parts of Happy Endings.
millertyme
AG
I thought it was a very funny pilot episode! Seemed very Happy Ending-ish, even down to be based in Chicago. It definitely fills the hole left in my heart with the cancellation of Happy Endings.
Dad
AG
I liked it.
TX AG 88
AG
Wife and I watched it out of the blue, thought it was pretty good. I wonder if they can keep it up, but will definitely watch again.
jr15aggie
AG
Really!?

My wife had me record it and we turned it off after the first 5-10 minutes of the show. We both hated it and thought it was pretty vulgar for a TV show. I couldn't help but think of Everybody Loves Raymond and how that show was not only funnier, but didn't require F bombs and lines like 'your mom's a B*$%#' in the first 5 minutes to try and force laughs.
Inspector Spacetime
AG
Gave it a shot like many of you, because of who was in it and because of Happy Endings and shows Marino has been in like Party Down.

I was expecting it to somewhat disappoint, but I thought it was a pretty solid pilot. I'm not going to go out of my way to watch it, but it will definitely be DVR'd until it's not and has my attention.
G.I.Bro
quote:
Really!?

My wife had me record it and we turned it off after the first 5-10 minutes of the show. We both hated it and thought it was pretty vulgar for a TV show. I couldn't help but think of Everybody Loves Raymond and how that show was not only funnier, but didn't require F bombs and lines like 'your mom's a B*$%#' in the first 5 minutes to try and force laughs.

Probably not geared toward your generation. Keep watching ncis
wangus12
AG
It was alright. Like Inspector, not gonna go out of my way to watch it'll, but will keep up with it.
mazag08
AG
I was pretty surprised by it, and I will definitely tune in more.
The Collective
AG
We watched it. Thought the opening scene was pretty funny but it went downhill from there. We'll give it a few more chances, but neither of us are big sitcom fans generally.
Jim01
AG
Another enjoyable episode for me. I'm a fan.

I did noticed they changed the theme song from the pilot. Got rid of an expensive popular song in favor of a cheap sound-a-like. Kind of corny to me.
Beer Baron
AG
I like it. Not quite Happy Endings-level funny but I can get on board.
Inspector Spacetime
AG
Thought this week's wasn't nearly as enjoyable as the pilot. I think I like the chemistry between the main two characters than the supporting ones (don't remember names yet).

Chubby bearded friend from Broad City B story at the Golden Corral type place was alright, but the writing for his character is so cheesy and goofy and in none of the ways I could enjoy.

Millicent Gergich C story was not very interesting, but she is very nice to look at.
TX AG 88
AG
WOW. Watched it last night and it's clear this show has no staying power. Lamely horrible or horribly lame, I can't decide.
IJones23
They had magic with Happy Endings. If only Americas TV audience wasn't so stupid.
LisaMarie
AG
Not funny at all.. I watched it on Hulu based on this thread and don't think I laughed once. Stupid.
HowdyAgs03
AG
quote:
They had magic with Happy Endings.
Dave's character drove that show into the ground.
inch05
AG
...but every show needs a Dave...
Jim01
AG
quote:
...but every show needs a Ross...

FIFY.
MSCAg
AG
Dave's character was classic TV writers taking some small trait in the initial series and multiplying it by 1000 as the series progressed.
Fenrir
quote:
Dave's character was classic TV writers taking some small trait in the initial series and multiplying it by 1000 as the series progressed.
See also: Winston from New Girl.
Trident 88
AG
If Perfect Couples And Happy Endings weren't good enough to avoid being cancelled...
Inspector Spacetime
AG
quote:
quote:
See also: Winston from New Girl.
Except Winston has only gotten funnier on New Girl, starting last season with him stealing Ferguson the cat.
HowdyAgs03
AG
Ross
Ted
Dave
MSCAg
AG
Parks and Rec is one of the few shows where they actually toned down a character (Leslie). I wish other writers would see how well that worked.

Just watched the 2nd episode of Marry Me and I don't know. Wilson is pretty funny, but I don't think they have any really strong side characters.
Charpie
AG
The show is appealing to those who just got married or are recently married. I laughed my ass off at the opening scene of the pilot. Perhaps because I remember thinking all of those things before I got married. Its a good show for young people who are in or around the age of the couples.

The second episode was a stretch.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.