***** Official Castle Season 7 Thread *****

17,281 Views | 163 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by aggiebrad94
Kate Beckett
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Castle returns tonight after a 3 week hiatus (seriously, two weeks in a row of 3-hour Bachelor crap? Yuck)!!!! Looks to be a fun episode.
ABATTBQ87
AG
last night's episode had it's moments.

Javi and Ryan getting their guns taken from them was funny
Kate Beckett
AG
I was honestly so tired from this weekend I only understood half the case and just stared at Beckett the entire time.
ABATTBQ87
AG
interesting show last night. Ryan's sister and brother in law are introduced but there has been no sight of Ryan's wife or daughter since the birth episode.
Kate Beckett
AG
Yeah it is kinda odd. At least show a made up photo. But that was an interesting and intense episode.
agmatt06
AG
Was just a meh episode for me. I mean, you knew the brother in law was going to be involved in some way.

The only real interesting part of the show was when the Political Party Representative recognized her and said they have had their eye on her. That ties way back when to the episode with the crazy guy claiming to be from the future. I think at the time everybody assumed it would Castle who ran for office, but now it looks like it could be Beckett who does.
Kate Beckett
AG
It was also interesting when I saw the captains exam.
Kate Beckett
AG
Funniest episode of the season. Classic Castle. I enjoyed myself. And after the day I had, just what the doctor ordered.

ps...I didn't know I could dance or sing that well. I kid I kid. I am not the lovely KB.
ABATTBQ87
AG
jabberwalkie09
AG
That's pretty funny.
agmatt06
AG
Well the good news is that Castle was renewed for season 8, but Beckett hasn't signed on yet for it....

Apparently this show was on the border as to whether it would get renewed or not.
jabberwalkie09
AG
I'm kind of getting the feeling that this next season will be the last, but I admit I haven't watched the majority of this season either.
agmatt06
AG
I agree. I think they see it too. IF we are to believe the flashback from a couple seasons ago, Beckett is supposed to end up in politics, and they've heavily hinted at it.

I've half expected them to announce she's pregnant and leaving the force only to enter politics..
Kate Beckett
AG
Stana is currently on a movie project so I am sure she will sign soon. It wouldn't be a show without the leading lady. I an also thinking they give them another season to wrap things up. Have kids, let Beckett figure out her next life step, etc.

Also of note: this season there was a different show runner (David Amann). A lot of people have been meh with him this season. However, a new show runner will be in place season 8: Terrence Paul Winter who wrote this past week's episode. Andrew Marlowe and Terri Edda Miller will still be exec producers as this was their show to begin with.
jabberwalkie09
AG
quote:
Stana is currently on a movie project so I am sure she will sign soon.
I thought that movie (The Tourist) entered post back at the end of last year some time. Seems like a lot of time has passed when she could have signed. Besides money, I am wondering if she is unhappy with the story direction.
Kate Beckett
AG
It was. This is a different movie. But you are right. She does it for the art, not the money
ABATTBQ87
AG
Last episode of the year will explain Castle's past.

I'll tell you that this past year's series has had more downs than up for me, and I'm hoping that next year will be more like the old Castle shows.
agmatt06
AG
I agree.

They didn't have any real direction this season and there really wasn't an overarching story line.

Castle missed the wedding and was missing for months. Appears nothing real big and could have been left out all together...

I don't think they figured out how to handle the dynamic of Castle/Beckett being married and working together on the show.

Since I think this next season will be their last, I would like for them to have Beckett announce she is pregnant and then spend next year showing her exiting the police force towards politics...
Kate Beckett
AG
Terence Paul Winter will be showrunner. He wrote last week's episode which brought that season 3 feel back.
Kate Beckett
AG
What were people's thoughts on the finale? I personally liked it.
ABATTBQ87
AG
2 thumbs up!!!

All the ingredients of a great Castle episode were there:

1) Humor between Javi and Ryan

2) The self absorbed Castle: This picture shows me as ruggedly Handsome

3) Mystery: The murderer in the woods

4) The Oh crap moment: When Kate was being interrogated I just knew it was because of Brackens

5) The tender family moment: when Castle praised his mom and daughter, as well as toasting his friends at the end.

Very pleased there are no cliff hangers leading into the fall
Kate Beckett
AG
They wrote it as a series finale just in case they didn't pick it up. Knowing it will be back makes me feel better.

When they were reviewing Kate, I was yelling at the guy what I thought of him (can't be repeated on here) and her response was classic Kate. Will be interesting to see what happens with her: Senator (which that guy predicted in season 6 I think it was) or captain.

I had something in my eye at the end. Great way to wrap up season.
ABATTBQ87
AG
Here ya go Kate, straight from Stana's FB page:

quote:
I'm so pleased to announce that, after talking with our new show runners, Terence Paul Winter and Alexi Hawley (both of whom I've had the pleasure of working with on the show before) I'm excited about the future plans for Beckett and delighted to be returning for a Season 8 of Castle.
x Stana

Kate Beckett
AG
I get her tweets to my phone so I knew instantly. Super excited to see where her character goes.
aggiebrad94
AG
Wife and I loved the episode. Very glad there will be more seasons.

I've been watching Bosch on Amazon Prime and the black guy interviewer also plays a hard-nosed police suit in that show.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.