Twin Peaks

3,482 Views | 20 Replies | Last: 9 yr ago by 91_Aggie
cone
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
http://variety.com/2014/tv/news/twin-peaks-revival-to-air-on-showtime-in-2016-1201322329/

quote:
"Twin Peaks," the ABC series that was a forerunner of today's offbeat serialized cable dramas, is coming back to life with nine new episodes to air on Showtime in 2016.

Sources say series creators David Lynch and Mark Frost are working away on the scripts, with Lynch planning to direct all nine episodes. Showtime declined to comment, but Lynch (pictured) and Frost confirmed the news via Twitter on Monday morning.

The episodes are expected to bow in early 2016, which would coincide with the 25th anniversary of the show's demise after two seasons on ABC in 1990 and 1991. The new segs will be set in the present day and continue storylines established in the second season. Sources emphasize that the new episodes will not be a remake or a reboot but will reflect the passage of time since viewers last checked in with key characters.

"Twin Peaks" was ahead of its time in its unusual, often surreal approach to telling the yarn of a murder mystery in a fictional small town in Washington state. The show bowed with a ton of buzz Lynch was red-hot as a feature helmer at the time but it had little in the way of a sustained audience by broadcast TV standards of the day.

The series has remained a cult favorite over the years and thus was a ripe candidate for revival amid the general mania in the TV biz for reinventing vintage film and TV titles.

Professor Frick
AG
Awesome. Hope we will see plenty of Regional Director Gordon Cole.
TXAG 05
Aggie Infantry
AG
Shoot.
I thought this was about the bar and grill.

cone
AG
Say Chowdah
AG
fretyuioz
Stan Rizzo
AG
So awesome. Probably my favorite show ever.
MROD92
Say Chowdah
AG
Can you imagine Sherilyn Fenn in a Showtime version?

They are going to need to bring a lot of new faces. After 25 years, I have to believe that many of original cast members may not be ready for their closeup.
bangobango
AG
What does "bowed" mean? Apparently not what I thought it meant.
G.I.Bro
I had been meaning to watch this show for years, but never got around to it. Finally started it a week or two ago, and I'm hooked. Halfway through the second season. Thoroughly enjoying this
G.I.Bro
Finished season two last weekend instead of watching the entire Aggie football debacle. I thought the storylines got pretty weak after they solved the Laura Palmer murder, but still enjoyed most of the characters. Haven't seen the movie yet. Looking forward to another season with Lynch and Frost more involved.
Sex Panther
AG
This show is weird as hell, but I like it.
Sex Panther
AG
lol, and David Duchovny just appeared...
Garrelli 5000
AG
My wife and I started this last night and made it through 2 episodes. Not a fan so far. I know that historically there's a huge cult following of this show. If we weren't that impressed with the first 2 episodes are we wasting time continuing or does it change significantly?
91_Aggie
AG
I heard a podcast that said this is a must watch. I never watched this when it came out but knee about the buzz about at the time. I'm in the middle of episode two and am realizing how lame the tastes of the average American was in the 90s. Makes me understand how grunge got popular. People liked things that suck.

Anywho, I had heard that Lynch only intended there to be about 9 episodes ending with solving of Laura's murder. But the tv execs forced him to continue it after that and that is why the show seemed to change and become so disjointed.
Dr. Not Yet Dr. Ag
quote:
My wife and I started this last night and made it through 2 episodes. Not a fan so far. I know that historically there's a huge cult following of this show. If we weren't that impressed with the first 2 episodes are we wasting time continuing or does it change significantly?
It changes significantly
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Sex Panther
AG
If you didn't like the first two, you probably won't like the rest.

It's a cult classic, but it's still pretty dated. And for all the good storylines, there are equally dumb and boring ones.

Overall I enjoyed it, but I'd have a hard time recommending it to anyone. I did watch about half of Fire Walk With Me and turned it off. That crap was garbage.

I am really looking forward to the new, updated version next year though.
TXAG 05
AG
quote:

Anywho, I had heard that Lynch only intended there to be about 9 episodes ending with solving of Laura's murder. But the tv execs forced him to continue it after that and that is why the show seemed to change and become so disjointed.

It was actually the opposite of that. They never wanted to solve the murder but the network made them. The show changes very noticeably after that
G.I.Bro
I read that Lynch didn't want to solve it, but Frost did and that caused some strain between them. Then the network stepped in and forced them to, and after that they became less and less involved.
91_Aggie
AG
Started 3rd episode. Geez. This was just doing Dumb outrageous stuff for the sake of being dumb and outrageous. Indian chief at table. Guy back from Europe raving about a sandwich with cheese on it and over emoting while eating it.

Not sure I'm gonna make it to episode 9
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.