*** MARVEL CINEMATIC UNIVERSE *** [Staff message on OP]

3,264,011 Views | 26782 Replies | Last: 9 hrs ago by TCTTS
Red Five
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
quote:
That is a lot of stuff in a teaser. Spoilers.......

Thunderbolt Ross, Black Panther, Scarlet Witch (with an apparent alliance shown for the first time). That Bucky/Cap/IM fight near the end looked cool. SW also seemed to have mastered more of her powers.
I thought Black Panther looked sweet. Excellent reveal. I thought the fight at the end looked a little awkward, like Iron Man didn't belong. Which is actually the way it should be. Tony would never choose to engage them in CQC, so hopefully it ends up that they trapped him there and the effects team really sold it. If he just ends up brawling with them the whole movie I think that's kind of lame.
swimmerbabe11
Meep!!

Also, Renner looked freaking hot in his one second of shot.
TCTTS
AG
Within a five month span we'll be getting...

- Star Wars
- Batman v Superman
- Captain America: Civil War

Three movies that could potentially end up among the top five or ten box office grossers of all time. That's insane.

Sex Panther
AG
quote:
GREAT trailer. Loved the music.

I swear I recognize that song. Does anyone know it? Seems like it's a mainstream song, set to a different accompaniment... kinda like "I've Got No Strings" in AoU's trailer.

Gonna drive me nuts.
TCTTS
AG
quote:
That is a lot of stuff in a teaser. Spoilers.......

Thunderbolt Ross, Black Panther, Scarlet Witch (with an apparent alliance shown for the first time). That Bucky/Cap/IM fight near the end looked cool. SW also seemed to have mastered more of her powers.
You're literally just listing things from the trailer. Why the spoiler tag?
nickstro66
AG
I wonder if Ant Man was somewhere in the trailer but we just couldn't see him
TCTTS
AG
Trying to place it as well. You watch Mr. Robot or The Leftovers? A few of the notes sound like Maxine Cyrin's version of "Where Is My Mind," used in both shows this year. It briefly kind of sort of sounds like a slowed down / reworked rendition of that at times, but I know that's not it...

Simplebay
AG
I very much like how its centered around the friendship, rather than registration in this trailer. I'm sure the movie will be more of the latter, but if SS has the acting chops, I could see it being really good emotional hook.

Oh, and we got a war machine down we got a war machine down
MASAXET
AG
BLACK PANTHER! More geeked about him than anything!
MASAXET
AG
And it's interesting that the movie apparently makes the winter soldier the impetus for the registration act and/or split amongst our heroes as opposed to some catastrophe
TCTTS
AG
Sex Panther
AG
quote:
And it's interesting that the movie apparently makes the winter soldier the impetus for the registration act and/or split amongst our heroes as opposed to some catastrophe

They've already hinted that it's because of Sokovia and South Africa. And remember the stinger in Ant-Man with the same scene that opens this trailer? Cap and Falcon have Bucky trapped, and say something about calling Tony but they can't because of the accords?

Sex Panther
AG
It does sound a lot like a version of, "Where Is My Mind"

We'll probably be able to find out in a few days...

And still haven't checked out Mr. Robot yet even though I know I really need to. Will start it once I finish Narcos and Jessica Jones. Still on the fence about season 2 of The Leftovers. Need to find out the general consensus of it and if it's better than the first season... but I'll do it on another thread.
TCTTS
AG

swimmerbabe11
War Machine
Farmer1906
AG
So no Ant Man, Vision, or Spider Man in the trailer.
bedofbrass33
AG
"Divided We Fall" is an interesting tag line. Educated guess that Baron Zemo will use the split to implement his plans for world domination.
thriller03
AG
Planned to (and will) edit that. Just wanted an early buffer in case others don't intend to watch any trailers at all. I think mine was one of the first posts up. Probably overkill.
rhutton125
AG
Goodness that was an amazing trailer to wake up to.
AliasMan02
AG
Agree, it was great.
AgMarauder04
AG
They wouldn't kill Rhodey, would they?
jeffk
AG
Looks like they're ditching the whole Newtown event as the beginning of the Registration Act movement and are instead using the Africa Hulk destruction and the Cap gone rogue to help a known terrorist angle.

Should be tons of fun.
jeffk
AG
quote:

Would be an interesting departure if Cap's side inflicted the first fatality.
Farmer1906
AG
quote:
Looks like they're ditching the whole Newtown event as the beginning of the Registration Act movement and are instead using the Africa Hulk destruction and the Cap gone rogue to help a known terrorist angle.

Should be tons of fun.
I bet we still get both. Crossbones has to have a role.
hurleyag
AG
Not even any evidence of web, which I think would be the best way to tease him. Never show Spidey in the trailers, but have web in some scenes.
rhutton125
AG
I think there's a Crossbones incident with the new Avengers team to start off the film, but there won't be any New Mutants / film crew / whatever.

Between the New York invasion, the attacks in London (Thor 2), Shield helicarriers crashing near DC (Cap 2), Sokovia nearly plummeting to the earth (AoU), etc... you have a strong enough case already that the Avengers bring collateral damage with them wherever they go. We know better, but the governments of the earth probably don't. One more will be the straw to break the camels back.

But don't expect this film to be too much like the comics, IMO. No Spidey identity reveal, no registration.
jabberwalkie09
AG
quote:
quote:

Would be an interesting departure if Cap's side inflicted the first fatality.
I don't know about fatality, but casualty possibly. I think it's likely something will happen to Rhodey that takes him out of the game and will push Tony to confront Rogers.
Aggie_Journalist
AG
quote:
I think there's a Crossbones incident with the new Avengers team to start off the film, but there won't be any New Mutants / film crew / whatever.

Didn't Cap mention something to Winter Soldier about the world thinking he committed a crime? I bet Crossbones attacks somewhere and frames winter soldier, then cap spends the movie trying to clear his name and untangle the plot as Iron Man and others try to bring Cap/Bucky and company in.

The whole thing will likely prove to be a carefully crafted Hydra plot to turn the avengers against each other.

Edit: yup

Cap: "You're a wanted man"
Bucky: "I don't do that anymore" (as explosion at building shown)
Cap: "Well the people who think you did are coming right now, and they're not planning on taking you alive."
fig96
AG
quote:
quote:

Didn't Cap mention something to Winter Soldier about the world thinking he committed a crime? I bet Crossbones attacks somewhere and frames winter soldier, then cap spends the movie trying to clear his name and untangle the plot as Iron Man and others try to bring Cap/Bucky and company in.

The whole thing will likely prove to be a carefully crafted Hydra plot to turn the avengers against each other.
There's a terrorist-y looking explosion in the trailer right after the "You're a wanted man" line from Cap to Bucky, whether that's the actual incident or not.
Aggie_Journalist
AG
The cops that come after them, btw, have "Polizei" on their armor, which is German. So it looks like we'll be going more international than CA2.
Farmer1906
AG
quote:
quote:

Edit: yup

Cap: "You're a wanted man"
Bucky: "I don't do that anymore" (as explosion at building shown)
Cap: "Well the people who think you did are coming right now, and they're not planning on taking you alive."
He's been a Russian assassin for over half a century. He's got plenty of "red in his ledger" and doesn't need to be framed.
jabberwalkie09
AG
quote:
The cops that come after them, btw, have "Polizei" on their armor, which is German. So it looks like we'll be going more international than CA2.
To be fair, CA1 was more international than CA2. I mean Rogers was in Europe in CA1. The most globe trotting we did in CA2 was when they retook the Lumarian Star (?). The rest of the film centered around Baltimore and D.C.
nickstro66
AG
I wonder if Thanos will have more than an end-credit appearance in this movie
Farmer1906
AG
quote:
I wonder if Thanos will have more than an end-credit appearance in this movie
I don't think he needs to even be in this one unless its Vision related.
nickstro66
AG
Good point. I'm wondering if he'll get the stone from Vision's head at some point and figured it might be in this movie. I feel like Vision is too important of a character to just appear in 2 movies overall though.
First Page Last Page
Page 82 of 766

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.