American Sniper Trailer

27,084 Views | 190 Replies | Last: 9 yr ago by The Debt
scoodogg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Searched, but didn't see it posted yet.

watty
chipotle
damn
TCTTS
AG
I wish EVERY trailer were like this in concept. Taking a scene from the movie, either intercut with or followed by a very brief montage of a few shots from the rest of the movie. Watching this trailer, I know EXACTLY what this movie is without having felt like I've already seen the entire thing. I love that. Hopefully Eastwood got his mojo back on this one...
israeliag
AG
Wow
BigRobSA
Wow.

That scene!
Tobias Funke
AG
Terrific trailer
mid90
AG
quote:
I wish EVERY trailer were like this in concept. Taking a scene from the movie, either intercut with or followed by a very brief montage of a few shots from the rest of the movie. Watching this trailer, I know EXACTLY what this movie is without having felt like I've already seen the entire thing. I love that. Hopefully Eastwood got his mojo back on this one...

I can't tell you how many trailers have ruined plots for me. This one was great.
All Star
Holy shiit that was a badass trailer

B Coop just keeps getting work
BEaggie08
AG
Wow. I have chills and several conflicting emotions.

Outstanding trailer. Will see.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
From Chris Kyle (the American Sniper in question)'s Wiki page.
quote:

In 2008, outside Sadr City, Kyle made his longest successful shot, after he spotted an insurgent
with a rocket launcher near a US Army convoy at a range of 2,100 yards
(1.9 km). Again, as recounted in his book American Sniper, Kyle fired a shot from his .338 Lapua Magnum-chambered McMillan TAC-338 sniper rifle, killing the insurgent from about 2,100
yards away. The fighter was about to launch a rocket-propelled grenade
at the Army convoy.[url=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chris_Kyle#cite_note-13][13][/url]

Holy Sheet
Dread Pirate Roberts
Spoiler

I read the book - and Chris Kyle was AWESOME!!!!
GCRanger
AG
Holy S. I need to see this.
aggiesq
AG
Shoot em both Chris !!!

Tctts - when did Eastwood lose his mojo?
Sex Panther
AG
quote:

Last 5 movies as a Director:

Jersey Boys
J. Edgar
Invictus
Hereafter
Changeling

Those were all really underwhelming, and frankly boring movies. And I'm the biggest Eastwood fan you'll ever meet.

I was worried he was getting too old for this ****, but this definitely looks awesome.
Sex Panther
AG
Does anyone really know what the deal was with his death? Any insight at all why the guy killed him at the gun range?
Erac_AG
AG
I want to go to a movie just to see the trailer in a theater!
TCTTS
AG
quote:
quote:

Last 5 movies as a Director:

Jersey Boys
J. Edgar
Invictus
Hereafter
Changeling

Those were all really underwhelming, and frankly boring movies. And I'm the biggest Eastwood fan you'll ever meet.

I was worried he was getting too old for this ****, but this definitely looks awesome.

Yeah, Changling wasn't bad, but that's definitely when you could tell he started to lose his edge a bit. I thought Hereafter and Invictus were both horrible, horrible movies. J. Edgar and Jersey Boys were decent, I guess, but both bland as hell and immediately forgettable.
aggiesq
AG
I did not know those were his but I haven't seen most of them. Can't disagree with your assessment from what I do know about those
All Star
I actually thought Changeling was great. But ya the other 4 not so much.
$240 Worth of Pudding
AG
I thought he really dropped the ball with Flags Of Our Fathers too, but sort recovered from it with Letters From Iwo Jima. That stated, FOOF deserved so much more.

This looks fantastic however.
Professor Frick
AG
Let's not forget Gran Torino. I know, there are plenty here who like it, but from a director stand point, it's an unbelievably poorly made movie.
AtlAg05
AG
quote:
Does anyone really know what the deal was with his death? Any insight at all why the guy killed him at the gun range?

Chris had a deal where he would meet with soldiers coming back from deployment, I believe PTSD or other issues. Just going off memory when I read the book over a year ago so I might be way off. The guy who killed him was one of those meeting with Chris.
19 inch cobra
quote:

There are a lot of conspiracy theories out there about it. I don't usually buy into that crap, but after reading a ton of stuff about Chris Kyle, his career, his personal and political life, and the circumstances surrounding his death, I think he was set up. Call me crazy if you want.
Murder Hornet
AG
That trailer was bad ass. I have the book in my stack of stuff to read...need to get to it
FtBendTxAg
AG
**** yeah I'll see that
Stive
AG
quote:
quote:

There are a lot of conspiracy theories out there about it. I don't usually buy into that crap, but after reading a ton of stuff about Chris Kyle, his career, his personal and political life, and the circumstances surrounding his death, I think he was set up. Call me crazy if you want.

Not to derail but set up how? What about his personal or political life would make someone set him up to die? And how was he set up? Was the guy a Hitman?
agfan2013
AG
Awesome trailer, will definitely go see this. Now I need to decide if I want to read the book before or after, it's been on my to read list for awhile. On a side note, I shot a .338 this past week and they are badass.

BBQ4Me
AG
Can't wait for this! Book was awesome
chipotle
everyone's talking about this book right?

http://www.amazon.com/American-Sniper-Autobiography-Military-History-ebook/dp/B005GFPZYK/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1412455643&sr=1-1&keywords=american+sniper
Cinco Ranch Aggie
AG
That is an awesome trailer. I haven't read the book yet but it is my Kindle library. Might have to move it up on the schedule.
Cyprian
AG
That was bad ass
redsquirrelAG
AG
Book was amazing. Couldn't put it down. His death was tragic.
Dro07
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:

Not to derail but set up how? What about his personal or political life would make someone set him up to die? And how was he set up? Was the guy a Hitman?
No kidding... Do tell or point us in the right direction. I mean I remember hearing stuff about things he used to wear like the skull hat for his unit and how that unit was at the Boston bombing and such.
Gigem314
AG
Looks awesome. I was encouraged to read about Cooper wanting to make sure the film was an accurate tribute to Kyle's life...and not about doing a project that would get him an award. Nice to see that from the Hollywood crowd. Particularly for a guy like Chris Kyle, whose views are quite different from what you see in most of Hollywood.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.