Star Wars: Rebels - Season 1

35,439 Views | 236 Replies | Last: 9 yr ago by jabberwalkie09
benMath08
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Great end to the season. I'm happy to hear the next season will be out before the movie.
Hagen95
AG
I guess I should go finish Clone Wars since I stopped watching in Season 3 or 4 I think.

Good way to waste time between seasons.
jabberwalkie09
AG
After each episode has aired, the Star Wars Youtube page has posted an inside the episode video. This weeks contains not only information on the episode, but also some details regarding Ahsoka, where season two will take us, and some concept art for season two....... If you haven't watched the finale, this will contain spoilers.

One of the things that has me pretty excited is seeing how into the Star Wars Universe the cast of the show is.
jabberwalkie09
AG
quote:
Never watched the Clone Wars. Is it worth it?
I highly recommend watching the show, especially now given the introduction of Fulcrum. It is all on Netflix, including the initial theatrical movie. The first couple of seasons are a bit rough, but the quality of the show picks up in the latter half of season two.
AgMarauder04
AG
quote:
After each episode has aired, the Star Wars Youtube page has posted an inside the episode video. This weeks contains not only information on the episode, but also some details regarding Ahsoka, where season two will take us, and some concept art for season two....... If you haven't watched the finale, this will contain spoilers.

One of the things that has me pretty excited is seeing how into the Star Wars Universe the cast of the show is.
A huge advantage of this show is it's not some spinoff "Star Wars Universe" stuff.

Disney intends for this show to be the origins of the Rebellion. Hell, if done right, this show could end up with the finale being the Rebels stealing the Death Star plans as a direct prequel to episode IV. So many opportunities. Disney knows they have to get it right.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
Great YouTube video. I'll have to force myself not to watch the other ones so I can get some work done, but great seeing A-Wing concept art.

For as big a D*bag as I've always thought Freddie Prinze Jr. to be, he is fantastic as Kanan, and really into it on the interviews. And he gets to nail SMG whenever he wants. Now he's my hero.
FarmerJohn
AG
quote:
Asokha - of course, and subtly older. Clearly not all of these Jedi and characters are making it to ANH time, so you have to think her vs. Vader comes up at some point, and what a moment that will be.

I hope we get the scene where Vader kills Asokha and she knows it's Anakin. Could be great. And I could see Lucas wussing out from that story line, so if it happens, I have more faith in the upcoming movies being a little more Empire Strikes Back and less Phantom Menace.
redline248
AG
That Andi chick in that youtube deal was seriously distracting. Also, the rock on Ashley's hand was the size of a small moon.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
quote:
That Andi chick in that youtube deal was seriously distracting. Also, the rock on Ashley's hand was the size of a small moon.
That' s no moon ...
Hagen95
AG
How many people do you think know who Vader really is?

Yoda, Obi-Wan, Palpatine

Maybe Bail Organa?
Tarkin?

benMath08
AG
quote:

Yoda, Obi-Wan, Palpatine

Maybe Bail Organa?
Tarkin?
On the one hand, I would have expected Obi-Wan to tell Bail Organa. But, if that had happened I would have expected Bail to tell Leia once she started risking her life for the rebellion, unless he just never got the courage to tell her before Alderaan was destroyed.

Tarkin's comment in ANH "you, my friend, are all that's left of their religion" can be interpreted a couple different ways these days. I believe the original intent was that Vader was the only publicly known force sensitive person in the galaxy, but now with the inquisitor working alongside Tarkin in SW Rebels, I guess you could choose to believe that Tarkin meant he was the only surviving Jedi, even if not a Jedi any more.

Either way it has some implications about who survives to ANH (unless they choose to just ignore that quote).
jabberwalkie09
AG
Sarah Michelle Gellar joins the cast for season two.

http://www.ew.com/article/2015/03/03/sarah-michelle-gellar-joins-star-wars-rebels-season-2?asdf&hootPostID=82012ae00f562f2602dd81d0dc794a84
Urban Ag
AG
quote:

Yoda, Obi-Wan, Palpatine

Maybe Bail Organa?
Tarkin?

I guess they had no internets, a long time ago, in a galaxy far far away
jabberwalkie09
AG
quote:
On the one hand, I would have expected Obi-Wan to tell Bail Organa. But, if that had happened I would have expected Bail to tell Leia once she started risking her life for the rebellion, unless he just never got the courage to tell her before Alderaan was destroyed.

Tarkin's comment in ANH "you, my friend, are all that's left of their religion" can be interpreted a couple different ways these days. I believe the original intent was that Vader was the only publicly known force sensitive person in the galaxy, but now with the inquisitor working alongside Tarkin in SW Rebels, I guess you could choose to believe that Tarkin meant he was the only surviving Jedi, even if not a Jedi any more.

Either way it has some implications about who survives to ANH (unless they choose to just ignore that quote).
I think the more important quote is the one by Yoda in ROTJ "... the last of the Jedi, you will be." But then again Kenobi and Yoda weren't always straight shooters in regards to Luke. I also am beginning to think that the story group is staring to interpret things less literally in that it might mean the last of the Jedi trained by a Master of the old Jedi Order that was destroyed by the purge/Order 66. When you take it like that, lightforce users could be non-aligned and still not part of the Jedi Order as it was.
redline248
AG
I doubt Bail Organa knows. He probably knows Anakin turned, and that Obi-Wan went to stop him. Obi-wan returned, and as far as any of them knew at the end of ROTS, Anakin was dead or dying. Who knows how long it took Obi-Wan and Yoda to realize he was still alive is anyone's guess.

Tarkin on the other hand, knew Anakin before he turned. Emperor could have told him he was now Vader, or kept it a secret so no one would know this new badass was once a Jedi.

Then there's Asohka. She left the order before Ep. III, wasn't part of the purge, and may have no idea what happened to Anakin. If she sees Vader in person, she would probably figure it out.
SeattleAgJr
I think given how strong in the force Yoda and Ben are, you can assume they know about Anakin/Vader. Part of the reason they hide themselves (that and the whole post Order 66 stuff). Although it is telling that Luke knows of Ben, by name, in ANH, so it is not like he was hiding himself too well.
Palpatine, of course.
Tarkin more/less knows. In his book, which is considered canon, he indicates he believes Anakin is Darth. His internal monologues are clear on this. Note, the Emperor has not told him explicitly.

As far as Ahsoka , Bail, others, I think it is fair to say they do not know.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
I wonder if SMG will play young Leia. Seems like a pretty big actress to not have a big(gish) role. Maybe she'll be Mon Mothma.

Will be interesting to see what they do with so many characters who can use the Force. Asokha arguably has a lot more knowledge of it than Kanan, she did spend time being trained by Plo Koon and Anakin Skywalker. But even if the train up Ezra - 3 so-so Jedi are not much of a match for Vader, and certainly not Vader and Palps.

Would be great if they split the 3 Jedi up to be advisers to the burgeoning Rebellion - one on Alderaan, one with Mothma, one with Garm Bel Iblis, if they went the EU route.
FarmerJohn
AG
quote:
As far as Ahsoka , Bail, others, I think it is fair to say they do not know.

I agree, but as mentioned above, there's a pretty good chance Ahsoka would figure it out if they met. The whole "Feel his presence in the force" kind of thing. I think a good writing staff could do something pretty cool with that.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
They're really going to have to play it close to the vest with how they use Vader and Tarkin going forward, as someone else mentioned. You can't have the two of them being the bad guys who can't catch the heroes over and over. That's why the inquisitor needed to die, he couldnt' handle them.
SeattleAgJr
Tarkin is only responsible for governing the Outer Rim worlds, as well as handling all the construction efforts for the Death Star. He will be very busy.
Vader is all over the place doing other projects, plus dealing with other Rebel cells.
There are rebel cells all over the place - from the Outer Rim to the core worlds, so very easy to have them capture/kill other cells, while our main group manages to squeak by.
jabberwalkie09
AG
quote:
They're really going to have to play it close to the vest with how they use Vader and Tarkin going forward, as someone else mentioned. You can't have the two of them being the bad guys who can't catch the heroes over and over. That's why the inquisitor needed to die, he couldnt' handle them.
The general understanding based on what has been said thus far is that Vader and Ahsoka will be used sparingly. I think that Vader and Tarkin will end up working together to hand the first big defeat to the Rebel Alliance. Maybe even force the rebels to abandon Lothal or make it otherwise no longer able to be used as a base.
Aggie_Journalist
AG
Awesome finale, but damn, I'm disappointed I missed my pick on Fulcrom's identity.

I've been avoiding all Ep VII spoilers for half a year. I wonder if the inquisitor will show up in it as a force ghost? (Please please please don't bring anything from the Ep vii spoiler thread here. Just thinking out loud.)

Until today, I'd assumed ahsoka would have known Vader was annikan. Good points from the folks suggesting she doesn't know.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
The general consensus is that only Jedi can be Force Ghosts, so I think the chances of the inquisitor as a force ghost are non-existent
deep94
AG
What about Ventress? She's still out there also. Think she'll show up?
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
Some coolness courtesy of IO9

SeattleAgJr
quote:
I would fully expect her to show up at some point. She is alive, fans like the character, she is not exactly good or evil so can be a good sub-plot.
amercer
AG
Awesomeness. My 7 year old is sick today so we finally got to the last few episodes. She is hooked.

Badass all around.
jabberwalkie09
AG
quote:
quote:
I would fully expect her to show up at some point. She is alive, fans like the character, she is not exactly good or evil so can be a good sub-plot.
I could be mistaken, but she is supposed to show up in a novel soon, or already has I think. Not sure what will or has happened to her in it though.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.