Amazing Race 25

5,848 Views | 50 Replies | Last: 9 yr ago by Ark03
rhoswen
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
So far, pretty interesting. Glad the *****y girls got shut out. I couldn't stand them. People who can dish it out then get all shocked that someone could do the same to them really annoy me.
Tom in College Station
twenty two ags
sitting on my DVR. looking forward to the new season.
moving it to friday instead of sunday means that you dont have to worry about adjusting for NFL.
mazzag
AG
I don't like the Friday night move. At all. For me I liked the momentum of going from a football game into the race. I'm glad the real estate girls lost too!
AggieDave02
AG
Enjoyed the first episode.
rhoswen
AG
Yeah usually Sunday evenings max out the dvr but tonight it was just Naked & Afraid. What am I gonna do with my Sunday nights now?
Ryandawg
All 5 tuners on my DVR are usually used up on Sunday, so I like the move to Friday night! (Hope it doesn't hurt the ratings though.)
aggietoolman
AG
Move to Friday nights doesn't make sense. Sunday night was perfect. Had the perfect night from Amazing Race to Walking Dead.

Now have to just catch it online instead of live and avoid this thread until after the weekend.

For me there are a lot of teams I'm not fond of this year instead of just a couple. Could make this a short season for watching if those teams make it to the end.
TXAGFAN
AG
I think they are trying to run up against shark tank?
Twix
AG
This is one of the few shows my husband and I watch together and he's not home on Friday nights. So we still watch on Sundays...the only thing I miss is reading Phil's live tweets as we watch now.

The dentists already annoy me. I haven't found any team in particular I'm pulling for to win it all.
mazzag
AG
I've never seen so much crying.
Twix
AG
After that episode, I know the dentists are good, but man their arrogance is already annoying! and the gay couple herding sheep...in the words of our favorite cowboy, "Oh my gravy!"
twenty two ags
the dentist guy kind of looks like a midget in a full size body. does that even make sense? his face looks like an oompa loompa face.
Ryandawg
1. They should make you use the Save before they tell you if it's a non-elim leg or not.

2. If a team uses the Save, does that mean the team that finished next to last will be eliminated (In a non-elim. leg, of course)?
jkag89
quote:
1. They should make you use the Save before they tell you if it's a non-elim leg or not.
The dentist were prepared to hand over the Save then Phil told them it was a non-elimination leg.
quote:
2. If a team uses the Save, does that mean the team that finished next to last will be eliminated (In a non-elim. leg, of course)?
Not positive, but I do not think so.

Pulling for the Sweet Scientists, it could be they are just getting a good edit, but nothing seems to phase their positive attitude. On the other hand. I don't think they have a chance winning the whole Race. In every leg so far they seem to finish one or two spots lower than they should based upon how well they finish the various task but somehow when it comes to getting to the mat they let another team or two pass them.
aggietony2010
AG
Can't not laugh when I see Bethany now thanks to the opening scene of "Marry Me"
double aught
AG
Watching tonight, the wife said "the dentist looks like Buzz Lightyear". Took me a second, but then I realized it's a spot on comparison. Someone more talented than me should do a side by side of the two.
aggietoolman
AG
No updates after two weeks..

Is it the time change? No likable teams? or just that this show has run it's course?
mazzag
AG
I haven't been watching. I deleted the last 2 episodes from my dvr. I don't like the Friday night change. I just don't think about watching network TV that night of the week. I deleted them because I'll just fast forward to see the winners.
MooreTrucker
AG
I LOVE AR, but we've hardly watched any this season thanks to the Friday night slot. We keep forgetting that it's on.
RedbeardAG
AG
With the advent of DVR does it really matter? If you like watchign it on Sunday just record it and watch it when you normally would with no commercials.
MooreTrucker
AG
I keep forgetting to even record it, or even to set the season pass.
rhoswen
AG
I'm still watching, still enjoy it, but yeah there's really no teams to love or love to hate. It's cool watching the one armed chick do stuff. She's impressive. They're my top choice to win it. The dentists are cocky but they back it up.
mazzag
AG
quote:
With the advent of DVR does it really matter? If you like watchign it on Sunday just record it and watch it when you normally would with no commercials.

To me it's like a sporting event. Not the same to watch on dvr.
mel99
AG
I'm watching. Can't stand the dentists.
double aught
AG
I like the two chicks. Not the scientists; they're boring. The other two.
SlimM
AG
quote:
quote:

To me it's like a sporting event. Not the same to watch on dvr.
Sporting events are GREAT on DVR! Don't start watching the game until about 1 hour has past. Skip all commercials, halftime, etc. and you will finish the game at the same time as everyone else while saving (at least) an hour of precious time!

mazzag
AG
So I caught the last 20 minutes of tonight's episode. Have the dentist used their save yet? Also I don't like the two girls that came in second. From the beginning I wanted to pull for the surfer girl, but her voice gets on my nerves. I am surprised the body building couple are still in the race. I figured a meltdown would have done them in by now. Maybe these teams are why it moved to Friday night's this season.
SlimM
AG
They haven't used the save. They came in last on one leg, but it was a non-elim, so they got to keep it.
bco2003
AG
I wish the guys on this last episode had been eliminated. My least favorite team left. Aggravating non-elimination leg.

I think the wrestler guy has some pretty funny stuff to say. Not my favorite team, and I don't think they'll win, but he adds some comic relief.

The dentists are very strong. I think they'll certainly end-up in the top 3.
jkag89
I want to move to Malta so I can heckle Amazing Race contestants when the drop wine glasses when trying to serve Knights of Malta or grab flags off of greased poles.

Like to see the cyclist, surfers & the candy scientist in the final leg but I'm sure the dentist will bump one of these team.
mel99
AG
I didn't understand why the surfers used the express pass. They didn't even attempt the challenge. I can't stand the wrestlers or the dentists.
double aught
AG
Surely it expires after a certain leg. Maybe this was that leg. Seems early though.
cp2011
AG
quote:
I like the two chicks. Not the scientists; they're boring. The other two.
Also pulling for the cyclists. Wouldn't mind seeing the wrestlers in the final 3 too. Really dislike the dentists
mel99
AG
I'm so disappointed! I really don't like any of the remaining teams except the surfers.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.