********** South Park 18 *********

19,221 Views | 168 Replies | Last: 9 yr ago by Al Bula
iceman08
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Absolutely brilliant first episode

Go fund yourself
Furlock Bones
AG
They eviscerated the NFL, Synder and the Redskins. Brilliant.
SteadicaTm
AG
Just starting here.
SteadicaTm
AG
Dammit not on for another two hours.
Aggie_Journalist
AG
I thought they mailed this one in. What was the story being told? There was hardly anything holding the episode together. It was nothing but a few jokes about kickstarter and the NFL with limp threads connecting them.
Furlock Bones
AG
Wow, you are in the overwhelming minority with that opinion. I don't get how you missed the point.
Furlock Bones
AG
Wow, you are in the overwhelming minority with that opinion. I don't get how you missed the point.
hunter2012
AG
THAT WAS EPIC, great way to kick off the season...

Being a former Cowboy fan, I especially liked the Jerry Jones part...

Also the "raid" on kickstarter was hilarious.
Seven Psycho Ags
quote:
I thought they mailed this one in. What was the story being told? There was hardly anything holding the episode together. It was nothing but a few jokes about kickstarter and the NFL with limp threads connecting them.

Agree 100%. Felt like they weren't sure what message they were wanting to send. The scenes with the Redskins acting like warriors were pretty damn funny, though.
iceman08
AG
Mailed it in? I would have to disagree, I live in DC and am going to love sports radio and bugging my friends up here about the episode (which makes this episode even sweeter for me)

Goodell bot!?!? I mean come on, fantastic
boy09
AG
Ranger222
AG
Also don't forget shots at Apple.
Furlock Bones
AG
quote:
quote:

Agree 100%. Felt like they weren't sure what message they were wanting to send. The scenes with the Redskins acting like warriors were pretty damn funny, though.

weren't sure on the message. they could not have made the message more obvious.
tylercsbn9
AG
Did anyone notice that RGIII was in the preview when they went to talk with Cartman, but in the episode they changed it to Cousins?
Furlock Bones
AG
yea, that's was a last second edit apparently.
MW03
AG
hunter2012
AG
quote:
Did anyone notice that RGIII was in the preview when they went to talk with Cartman, but in the episode they changed it to Cousins?
I was really hoping that they would have rg3 twist his ankle or something during the raid.
Seven Psycho Ags
quote:

Do tell. The Redskins won't change their name despite people asking them to, Goodell is a robot, and Kickstarter is for people who don't want to do anything. It was really scattershot and couldn't focus
Ryandawg
Will Cartman's 4 Point Plan become the new Underpants Gnome meme?

Dr. Horrible
quote:
quote:

Do tell. The Redskins won't change their name despite people asking them to, Goodell is a robot, and Kickstarter is for people who don't want to do anything. It was really scattershot and couldn't focus
I remember when I watched my first south park too.
Seven Psycho Ags
My first South Park was the series premiere... I just agreed with Journalist that the story was weak and had a more adhd driven narrative than most episodes.
Sex Panther
AG
That episode was so great.

"NFL, Catholic Church... same thing"
Sex Panther
AG
And I'm sorry, but I lost it when the guy said "Good for you ISIS!"
SeattleAgJr
I really thought they were going to make more of an association between Michelle Obama and Aunt Jemima.....
hunter2012
AG
This one was meh, but I will admit I lost it when the FDA guy died.
SeattleAgJr
I lost it when the second rat died.
Al Bula
AG
Aunt Jemima was very reminiscent of Mother Abigail in The Stand.
SeattleAgJr
I took it more as a comment about Michelle Obama and her childhood obesity bull****.
SeattleAgJr
1. Was that really her singing the closing song?

2. The Cartman/CIS stuff was awesome.

3. Randy always rules.
tylercsbn9
AG
Can't wait to see all the SJW cry about last nights episode. It was amazing.
amercer
AG
Good episodes so far.
Inspector Spacetime
AG
This season has been very solid so far, and I say that as someone who doesn't normally have high expectations going into South Park episodes. They can be really hit-and-miss, especially when they get all about one joke and not much else-- the price of 6 day lead times I guess.

However, these episodes have been very good so far, and last night's was great. I think my favorite part (outside all of the Lorde stuff-- which was hysterical) was Mr. Mackey and the principal talking about it with Mr. Garrison, with Garrison telling them to just go along because it's not worth the ****-storm you're going to face if you deny him.

Who's doing the voice for Lorde though in these episodes? They did an awesome job imitating her music.
redline248
AG
I think they must have asked her to record it, sounded just like her.

This season has been awesome.
Ryandawg
I like how all the episodes this season are connected. They've mentioned something that happened in a previous episode each week so far.
Dr. Horrible
quote:
I like how all the episodes this season are connected. They've mentioned something that happened in a previous episode each week so far.

Last week they even said something along the lines of "What's up with everyone remembering what we did last week?"

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.