*****The Walking Dead - Season 5***** TV Show Only

691,922 Views | 4240 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by AMW2010
BigRobSA
How long do you want to ignore this user?
If Bob was bitten, why didn't someone see a bloody bit of cloth either when he was still with the group, walking back from the food bank, or in the church or when Gareth and his band of homies was prepping him for the Bob-B-Q?

**BTW, I thought he was bitten, too, when that happened. I literally said "Oh, he gone!" in my best Duck Dynasty voice.
gigemags-99
AG
quote:
Now the question of winter is interesting. In order to kill a zombie you must destroy the brain, this means puncture it, crush a portion of it, etc. If winter occurs, the brain tissue is likely to crystallize and be damaged irreparably. Zombies shouldnt be able to merely thaw and the brain be functional for round 2.

This is exactly what DOES happen - according to the Zombie Survival Guide. It is the ultimate reference when discussing all things Zombie.

Zombies freeze for the winter and are back at it come spring.
Dro07
AG
its like people don't read!! Gosh!!
double aught
AG
quote:
Maybe he was calling out for Fuzzy Dunlop.
Caliber
AG
quote:
If you cook Bob to an internal temp of 155, you should kill all pathogens and be gtg.
Not if we're talking about a Prion though...
RingyAg
quote:
quote:
Now the question of winter is interesting. In order to kill a zombie you must destroy the brain, this means puncture it, crush a portion of it, etc. If winter occurs, the brain tissue is likely to crystallize and be damaged irreparably. Zombies shouldnt be able to merely thaw and the brain be functional for round 2.

This is exactly what DOES happen - according to the Zombie Survival Guide. It is the ultimate reference when discussing all things Zombie.

Zombies freeze for the winter and are back at it come spring.
But that makes no sense, if the tissue is damaged by the freeze (and yes freeze kills tissue), zombies should NOT be able to come back by spring. Why is a zombie brain able to die/decompose during the winter and be ok, when a knife being jabbed into one part of the brain miraculously kills them?

ROTLD aside, the dead in the ground have their brains destroyed prior to the event which reanimates the brain. Those in the ground have decomposition and insects crawling through their brains.

The Zombie Survival Guide is s--t!
Longstreet
quote:
Not if we're talking about a Prion though...
That's my thinking as well. But I looked up Kuru after my earlier question. It takes a few YEARS to become symptomatic, so I don't guess that'll show up. Unless the writers play loose with that rule too.

quote:
The Zombie Survival Guide is s--t!
Heresy!
Dro07
AG
the guide is pretty much a set of rules that are applied to the Romero zombies and follow that criteria in TWD. So it may not make sense but neither do zombies
benMath08
AG
Wait, so zombies in a tv show AREN'T entirely realistic? I guess I won't be watching this any more...
mazzag
AG
Did Jim get bitten or scratched? He didn't turn immediately. We really don't know what happened tohim .
Dro07
AG
quote:
Did Jim get bitten or scratched? He didn't turn immediately. We really don't know what happened tohim .
Bitten

quote:
As Jim helps in the clean-up of zombie corpses the morning after the attack, Jacqui notices blood on his shirt, and demands he lifts up his shirt, but he rejects so she alerts the remaining survivors. T-Dog restrains him, and Daryl lifts his shirt to reveal the bite wound he suffered during the attack on the camp. There is controversy over Jim as the survivors discuss what to do. Daryl wants to kill him immediately, but is stopped byRick. Jim is taken with the rest of the survivors in the RV as the women care for him as he throws up and burns from a fever. While on the road, he claims his sickness is worsening and asks that he be left behind, for the sake of the survivors. He is reluctantly left by a tree after being carried out of the RV, refuses to take a handgun from Rick in order to spare himself/his body the "life" of becoming a walker, and is bid a final farewell by each of the survivors as they leave.
quote:
His fate is left unknown, but presumably he died due to the fever, reanimated, and is now a walker, though it's possible he may have been killed again in the years that have passed by since his presumed reanimation.
RingyAg
My point is "what does it take to kill the brain". TWD has relatively weak zombies compared to others. Walkers are not Romero zombies, if they were Penny would have played with dolls.

A freeze WOULD kill the brain. TWD infection is suppose to be grounded in "reality" like a super meningitis that restarts the baser portions brain. Without a functional brain, the zombie is true-dead in the TWD. A freeze kills the brain. Im not seeing why this is contentious.
gigemags-99
AG
Ringy,
You don't get the difference between freezing and direct trauma to the brain?

And forget you for talking about Max Brooks that way! The man is a saint and a genius!!
Dro07
AG
quote:
So in TWD, a freeze WOULD kill the brain. The infection is suppose to be grounded in "reality" like a super meningitis that restarts the baser portions brain. Without a functional brain, the zombie is true-dead in the TWD. A freeze kills the brain. Im not seeing why this is contentious.
I will say this... A FREEZE WILL NOT KILL THE BRAIN IN THE WALKING DEAD
gigemags-99
AG
quote:
Im not seeing why this is contentious.

That's one thing you got right - There is no argument...has there been a freeze? Yup. Are there still walkers around? Yup.

You lose, Ringy.
Ryan the Temp
AG
If we go by the comic books, the ratio of walkers to living people is 5000:1. That means there are/were only 90 living people left in Atlanta and 1,963 in the entire state of Georgia.
Dro07
AG
quote:
If we go by the comic books, the ration of walkers to living people is 5000:1. That means there are/were only 90 living people left in Atlanta and 1,963 in the entire state of Georgia.
you said the C word!!
RingyAg
IDGAF what Max Brooks says. TWD has different zombies, and that is what we are discussing here!

If we are discussing TWD, destroyed tissue, whether it was destroyed by puncture, blunt trauma, fire, ice, wind, heart, w/e, if a brain is damaged beyond function we see the walker die. Under these rules, a walker shouldnt be allowed to freeze and then return. If a brain freezes it is irreparably damaged.

Further they have established that synapses are required to sent signals to the body, its why Michonne's pets' arms arent walking around trying to strangle a human. If those connections are severed by ice crystallizing in the brain what makes you think they would be able to send signals to the walker's body or even to other brain cells.

Then we have the 7-11 burrito problem. If a zombie's brain is fully frozen, and it begins to thaw, at what point does the solid ice center thaw in order to be functional enough for the Zombie to function? You'll have half of the cells reanimated sending signals to frozen cells...nothing happens (and thats assuming the synapses arent damaged).

Basically we are arguing whether freezing is suspension or if there are cellular results of this process. The rules of scifi are that you have to hold onto the premises you create, so TWD has to embrace a freeze-death conclusion.
Dro07
AG
sorry i am tired of this discussion

there its over. THE WALKING DEAD HAS FROZEN WALKERS. Its a show about zombies how rational do you have to be?
gigemags-99
AG
They're not called Zombies!!
Dro07
AG
quote:
I repent my transgressions and ask for your forgiveness
gigemags-99
AG
quote:
quote:
I repent my transgressions and ask for your forgiveness

That was directed at Ringy. Didn't see your post until after
toucan82
holy crap something from the comics

this page is as good as gone
Dro07
AG
quote:

no kidding and its only Monday!
Ryan the Temp
AG
quote:

I'm not trying to derail, I promise. I'm just trying to get a frame of reference for the population of walkers as it relates to the discussion of how many might remain after a freeze.
Dro07
AG
i think he was talking about my post
Ryan the Temp
AG
quote:
i think he was talking about my post
AggieChemist
AG
I was thinking of this

91_Aggie
AG
FYI: I saw something about Hobo signals on another fan page in regards to the symbols carved on the trees... I'll let you google it for yourself in case someone considers that a spoiler.
$240 Worth of Pudding
AG
Hope dromo catches the ban. No comics means no comics. I don't care how inconsequential you think it may be.
Dro07
AG
quote:
Hope dromo catches the ban. No comics means no comics. I don't care how inconsequential you think it may be.
I'm sorry you won't get any sleep over my post
$240 Worth of Pudding
AG
Yeah, yeah smartass. I hate that attitude. Why can't you just respect the rules of the thread? We go through this every season. And there's always a "dromo". Always.
Dro07
AG
there was a discussion about Max Brooks zombies and how they differ from TWD. They are the exact same so is Max Brooks or survival guide open for discussion or not?
Aggie Infantry
AG
PH
Old Jock 1997
First Page Last Page
Page 15 of 122

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.