King & Abrams teaming up to make 11/22/63 miniseries on hulu

806 Views | 4 Replies | Last: 9 yr ago by aggiesq
MW03
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
http://www.theverge.com/2014/9/22/6828281/stephen-king-jj-abrams-11-22-63-for-hulu
TXAG 05
AG
Liked the book a lot even though it has the standard King ending.
MW03
AG
I loved the book and actually thought it was one of King's more complete stories. I don't have Hulu, but between this and South Park, I may have to reconsider my position.
SJEAg
AG
I liked the book a lot. Got a little bored with some of the Oswald-centric parts, but guess it was necessary. Loved the Derry/IT tie-in and all the small town Texas stuff.

Even thought it was a pretty satisfying ending. Probably my favorite King novel since...heck, Misery? I don't think I've liked much from him after the early 90s.

I think Abrams is the perfect choice to bring this kind of story to the screen.
MW03
AG
IMdB listing James Franco as attached to play the lead

The Wrap - Stephen King & J.J. Abrams' 11/22/63 miniseries has found its star
quote:
Stephen King fans were thrilled last September when it was revealed that the genre master's massive novel 11/22/63 would be adapted, not as a film, but as a nine-hour miniseries that will stream on Hulu. King himself said at the time that adapting the book in a long-form style was a perfect fit, and readers agree, not just because of the novel's size, but because of its focus on character development over years, pacing and the theme of the passage of time itself. Writer Bridget Carpenter (Friday Night Lights) is scripting the series for J.J. Abrams' Bad Robot production company, and King will serve as an executive producer. Now we finally know who'll play the series' central character.

The Wrap reports that James Franco (Spider-Man, The Interview) has signed on to play the leading role in the series, and will also serve as a producer. Franco will play Jake Epping, a high school English teacher who is given access to a portal that takes him back to 1958, but only to a specific moment.

aggiesq
AG
I hope this is a real mini series like The Stand and not some drawn out crap like Under the Dome
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.