****Blacklist Season 2****

12,831 Views | 89 Replies | Last: 9 yr ago by SeattleAgJr
mazzag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
How old do you think 39 or 40 looks?
Belton Ag
AG
quote:
How old do you think 39 or 40 looks?

Considering I'm 40 on the nose, I figure like me. I look older than her - and I still get carded buying liquor when I don't have a beard.
mazzag
AG
Funny that a somewhat privileged life and no children can keep up a youthful look. I'm assuming that's been the life for Berlin's daughter. And I'm 41, 3 kids, 19, 19, 11 (one of the 19 yr olds I've raised since he was 5). I get carded all the time. Silly check-out girl at HEB last time said I looked "amazing" for "my age". I wasn't flattered. Silly girl needs to get out more.
mazzag
AG
That dirty *******.
BCSGrubber
SeattleAgJr
bull**** ending.

they have made red out to be both smart and ruthless.

the person he meets with at the end of the episode and gives the warning to. there is NO REASON THAT CAN BE JUSTIFIED why red did not kill that person. none whatsoever.

stupid plot point for a later story.

the real red would have shot to kill.
Belton Ag
AG
Well I guess that picture was a fake after all.
jabberwalkie09
AG
I feel like I had the rug pulled out from under me, just that was out of character.

Agreed ryamkajr, that was pretty unlike Red to leave a loose end.
Samsill98
AG
quote:
bull**** ending.

they have made red out to be both smart and ruthless.

the person he meets with at the end of the episode and gives the warning to. there is NO REASON THAT CAN BE JUSTIFIED why red did not kill that person. none whatsoever.

stupid plot point for a later story.

the real red would have shot to kill.
I somewhat agree, but given what that person said to him (I don't know why we're talking in code, the show has aired - is there a reason we're not saying his name?) gives us a hint that he was working for Red the whole time (or to some degree). I understand what you're saying that it could bite him the arse later but given how in control Red appears to be of so much of this, it conceivable that he has a plan for him later. Just a thought. It is worth noting that it was Keene that stopped Red from shooting this person the first time. Red walked over and put the gun to his head - was he really going to kill him? or was it some kind of Red "test" on Keene to see if she would.
jackie childs
quote:
quote:
I somewhat agree, but given what that person said to him (I don't know why we're talking in code, the show has aired - is there a reason we're not saying his name?) gives us a hint that he was working for Red the whole time (or to some degree). I understand what you're saying that it could bite him the arse later but given how in control Red appears to be of so much of this, it conceivable that he has a plan for him later. Just a thought. It is worth noting that it was Keene that stopped Red from shooting this person the first time. Red walked over and put the gun to his head - was he really going to kill him? or was it some kind of Red "test" on Keene to see if she would.

red also ordered the guy in the first or second episode to break in and practically gut Tom in front of Lizzy. that seems unlikely if tom had been working for him at the time. but maybe he worked for Red at one time, but then got in with berlin? the only other possible explanation is that red saw how broken up Lizzy was about Tom and just didn't want to lie to her later about whether he killed him? but again, red hasn't hesitated to tie up loose ends in the past, even when it hurt Lizzy to do so (i.e., the guy who raised her).

just an odd, uncharacteristic decision.
SeattleAgJr
Red as a character presented so far would not have let him live. It is nothing more than a poor decision so that there will be plotting for later.

The ONLY way this can play out to save Red some face is if this blows up in his face and somehow results in the death of either himself of Lizzie.

Otherwise he is just a putz.
lne2011
AG
Anyone watch the episode that came on after the SB?
jackie childs
quote:
Anyone watch the episode that came on after the SB?
yep, thought it was a good episode, though i was definitely wondering why anybody thought it was a good idea to store access to all those secrets in a prison with the worst kind of criminals
Wrec86 Ag
sometimes you just need storylines for a TV show
jabberwalkie09
AG
I enjoyed the episode, but for some reason this one didn't hold my attention.
Texas Yarddog
AG
quote:
sometimes you just need storylines for a TV show

Yeah, the groaner was that there was no way they could access the boiler room without going through the AC vents, but she could just open the door for Red and the German (no lock, no nothing). Just a bit of suspension of disbelief on that one.

That and the giant pressure vessel explosion.

Still enjoyed the episode, but my brain tried to fight it on those two counts as well as the most sensitive information being in the one place that has the most dangerous criminals.
Cibalo
I liked it even with the pressure vessel stuff. I'm wondering if this was going to be a two part opening to the season or if we carry this story line for the whole season and only get answers at the end. I also found Ron Peralman to be distracting because I kept wondering what Clay was doing there.
jackie childs
they also totally lucked out that the criminal mercinary who was watching the three agents was so deeply spirtual
SeattleAgJr
Question: The original guard who was shocked when Ron Perhlman escaped....

Can a person be shocked that way, with the water on the ground. Would his shoes not have acted as some insulation? Or was this a convenient clich?
RedbeardAG
AG
Those missiles didn't seem very effective to me....

Also I would expect some significant neck bruising after hanging from a chain.
SeattleAgJr
Annnnnnnnnd....... I am done.

Third week in a row where someone on the team is captured by the bad guy.

I can put up with a lot of stupid in the shows I watch, but this is just too much.

Plus I realized I really do not care about Keen at all. Just want to know Red's story and be done with it.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.