GOTHAM

48,237 Views | 358 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by MooreTrucker
G.I.Bro
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Premieres tonight. Getting really good reviews. I'm a Batman fan boy, so idk if that will make me more critical or if I'll be more susceptible to anything involving the story line. I've been following the show on twitter, and this is the first time I've done something like this, but it seems like the cast is really proud of this show, and they have a lot of off screen chemistry. Hopefully that translates to a good product on screen.

Wanted to separate this from the Batman v. Superman thread.
TCTTS
AG
You can read my thoughts on the pilot script on page three of the old Gotham thread...

http://texags.com/forums/13/topics/2436670

In short, I kind of hated it, and have actually heard quite a few negative reactions to the actual pilot/show itself. I just can't bring myself to watch network dramas anymore, but if some of those positive reactions win out, and TexAgs ends up liking it, I might give it a shot.
Aggie_Journalist
AG
I've been lukewarm on Gotham since its announcement, but who am I kidding, I'll be tuning in tonight and I'll probably love it.
D12Lloyd
AG
I've been skeptical since it was announced, and even more so after reading TCTTS review. Very surprised by the positive reviews, because personally I think it has fail written all over it. Still I'll give the pilot a shot because I love Batman so much. Here's to hoping I'm wrong.
Tanya 93
I'm guessing this isn't going to be acceptable for my 6 year old.

Too bad. He loves Batman.
Bruce Almighty
AG
the reviews have been good, but not great. I'll give it a shot. I love SHIELD, didn't care for Arrow and the plot really does nothing for me. But it's Batman.
Dro07
AG
in
Dr. Horrible
I have the DVR set. Not sure I'll watch it, but prepared in case it gets good reviews.
KidDoc
AG
I'll check it out on my Hopper sometime this week. MNF on tonight!

I hope it is good though. I'm more of a Marvel dork but good TV is good TV.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Geralt of Rivia
S
I'll be dvring it and watching it either after MNF or tomorrow after work
The Debt
P1
FL_Ag1998
AG
I'll be watching this first episode at least, out of curiosity, but not with high expectations.
AgMarauder04
AG
quote:
didn't care for Arrow

This sentence makes no sense.
The Debt
quote:
quote:
didn't care for Arrow

I kinda scratched my head at that. As far as comic book tv shows, arrow is furlongs ahead of shield, or anything else.
Bruce Almighty
AG
I'm sorry you're not intelligent enough to understand a simple four word sentence.
Aggie_Journalist
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
didn't care for Arrow

I kinda scratched my head at that. As far as comic book tv shows, arrow is furlongs ahead of shield, or anything else.
Different strokes for different folks, but I'd agree that SHIELD is better than Arrow right now. Shield had a rocky start but an incredibly strong finish. Arrow had a strong start and a mediocre closing stretch.
Dro07
AG
Wait the joker was suppose to kill his parents
Dr. Horrible
quote:
Arrow had a strong start and a mediocre closing stretch.
Funny. I found it the other way around. I got bored and stopped watching somewhere around 4-6 and only picked it back up after it was getting good reviews this year.
Dro07
AG
They are playing Gordon's wife as into the ladies? Nice
West Texan
AG
I've got the DVR set for tonight. I've intentionally avoided reading any pre show reviews or plot summaries so that it'll be all new to me. Year One is one of my favorite comics ever, and the rise of Gordon in Gotham was half of that story.
TajMaballer
AG
Rawls!!!
Legal Custodian
AG
I liked it a lot! Gordon and Harvey in the diner reminded me of Batman the animated series. Actually the whole episode had that vibe
Dro07
AG
I give it 7 out of 10. I will give it a couple more episodes
Aggie_Journalist
AG
I thought the show had a really fun, edgy energy to it. It will definitely have a place on my DVR until it proves it shouldn't be there.
FL_Ag1998
AG
Didn't like the Penguin character, can't quite put my finger on why though. Also didn't like the Bruce Wayne characterization.

It wasn't bad, but didn't particularly impress either. Didn't like them cramming in so many big-name bad guys into just the first episode - too much of a "wink, wink, nudge, nudge, see that guy? That's the Joker! And see that other guy? He's the Riddler! Oh, and that little girl, she's Poison Ivy!".
Slow it down, put some more thought into the plot and dialogue, make the character reveals and development something to relish.
Dro07
AG
Wait... Who was the joker? I must have missed the reference
G.I.Bro
I enjoyed it. There were a couple things I might have done differently, but I enjoyed the story I was told. Will keep watching.
FL_Ag1998
AG
Just assuming the comedian trying out for Fish Mooney was the Joker, but I could be wrong.
TXAG 05
AG
Didn't think of that with the comedian, makes sense though.

Liked the show, not great but pilots rarely are. I think they got the look and feel of Gotham City down right. And as said above, felt like the animated series, which is a good thing.
Dro07
AG
Ah Ya didn't think about him. Would have been great had he made his cackle when he said a joke to make it more clear I guess
dcaggie04
AG
quote:
Just assuming the comedian trying out for Fish Mooney was the Joker, but I could be wrong.
I doubt that guy will be the Joker. Creator of the show has already said that it will be awhile before they start introducing the Joker character.
Aggie_Journalist
AG
quote:
quote:
I doubt that guy will be the Joker. Creator of the show has already said that it will be awhile before they start introducing the Joker character.

I read somewhere that each episode will subtly hint one of its characters might one day become the joker just to keep the audience guessing "Was that him? How about that?"

I look forward to seeing how the corrupt world ruled by Falcone crumbles. I think he'll prove to be a fascinating character.
D12Lloyd
AG
Didn't care for it at all. Outside of Donald Logue, didn't like any of the cast. Too many things seemed forced with each villain. Especially didn't like Jada Pinkett Smiths character.
G.I.Bro
I didn't like jada's character either, but I knew I wouldn't. I knew she would overact. I thought Gordon's character was well done. Reminded me a lot of Year One, although his timing in Gotham was off, but he was very hard nosed in that comic.

Reading about Edward Nygma's intro, I was a little worried, but I didn't find it that forced or over the top. I'm thinking Cobblepot is going to be the main villain in the first season, but it will take the cops too long to realize it.
Cromagnum
AG
Jada was terrible.

The guy they cast for Falcone looks a lot like Gene Hackman.

Gordon was nails, and I like the direction they took with Harvey.

Cobblepott is twisted as hell, but I like what they are thinking with him so far.

Nice to see Alfred as a gruff Australian instead of a pleasant Brit like Michael Caine.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.