Deadpool really happening, 2016 release date!

95,094 Views | 628 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by bedofbrass33
TexasAggie_02
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
http://geektyrant.com/news/deadpool-movie-has-an-official-2016-release-date

quote:
"There was such an overpowering reaction to the footage, you sort of feel like, 'Oh, so we weren't crazy for our reasons for loving this character, for loving this role.' It's interesting to see the power of the Internet. It's awe-inspiring, actually. And it's neat that Twitter and Facebook and Instagram can move mountains when used in the right way."
The Debt
Is it gonna be CG?
Madmarttigan
AG
Loved the clip.
Seven Psycho Ags
It's happening!
Ganondorf
AG
hunter2012
AG
HELLS YES
hunter2012
AG
2 posts just because I'm excited...

Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
I can safely say that this has a very good chance to be Ryan Reynolds' best superhero movie ever.
Bobcat06
AG
quote:
I can safely say that this has a very good chance to be Ryan Reynolds' best superhero movie ever.
For most actors, that wouldn't be saying much.
GiveEmHellBill
AG
This may be a first for me:

The first movie based on a Marvel comic character that I will not see.
TCTTS
AG
^ I think I may be right there with you. I'll wait 'til I see an official trailer or two, but I actually kind of despised that test reel.
The Debt
So this has to be better than Green Lantern or Wolverine Origins?
Dro07
Sex Panther
AG
I don't really know much about Deadpool other than the fact that people really like him. I get that he's supposed to be a joke and he's irreverent and knows he's in a comic book... which I think is a cool concept. The problem I'm having is Reynolds. He's just always the same character. I don't think there's going to be any difference between Green Lantern and Deadpool as far as the character goes, and they should be night and day different. Yes I know Deadpool kills people and Lantern is noble, but their personalities are going to be the exact same.

I thought the footage was cool, but like almost everything he's in I just keep thinking, "oh so Van Wilder is now a Super Hero."

Hopefully it turns out good. It does seem like a fun character.
COOL LASER FALCON
I probably won't see it unless it's getting great reviews. I don't have any problem with the idea, but that test footage was just nonstop shtick. It got tired real quick.
Dro07
AG
quote:
I don't really know much about Deadpool other than the fact that people really like him. I get that he's supposed to be a joke and he's irreverent and knows he's in a comic book... which I think is a cool concept. The problem I'm having is Reynolds. He's just always the same character. I don't think there's going to be any difference between Green Lantern and Deadpool as far as the character goes, and they should be night and day different. Yes I know Deadpool kills people and Lantern is noble, but their personalities are going to be the exact same.

I thought the footage was cool, but like almost everything he's in I just keep thinking, "oh so Van Wilder is now a Super Hero."

I get what you are saying but its a perfect cast for the Deadpool character. I would put it along the lines of Tony Stark being Robert Downey Jr. As soon as it was announced that RDj was going to be Tony, it fit. When it was announced that Reynolds was going to be Wade/Deadpool in Wolverine it made perfect sense but then they butchered it in the movie.

What will make or break the movie will be the rating it is given
Seven Psycho Ags
I hope they leave in the joke about Origins butchering his character
TCTTS
AG
Just FYI, Ryan Reynolds isn't a done deal for this newest iteration. That test reel was from a few years back, before Reynolds ever did Green Lantern. Word is he may not want to go down the comic book path again after that disaster.
TCTTS
AG
quote:
I don't have any problem with the idea, but that test footage was just nonstop shtick. It got tired real quick.

This.
Pro Ag
AG
I'd love for a movie that is full of what that clip was. I don't need it to be great, just fun.
YellowPot_97
AG
The test clip was way too "Ace Ventura/The Mask" for me. Hopefully it gets toned down.
Dr. Horrible
I would be much more confident about this being a quality movie if it was Marvel doing it rather than Fox...
Sex Panther
AG
quote:
quote:

I get what you are saying but its a perfect cast for the Deadpool character. I would put it along the lines of Tony Stark being Robert Downey Jr. As soon as it was announced that RDj was going to be Tony, it fit. When it was announced that Reynolds was going to be Wade/Deadpool in Wolverine it made perfect sense but then they butchered it in the movie.

What will make or break the movie will be the rating it is given

Yeah you're probably right. I was trying to think of who could do it and I can't think of anyone.

I think The first Wolverine, and Green Lantern have soured a lot of people on Reynolds doing this role, but maybe if they get it right it will be good. I said it on another thread, I think this would be the perfect vehicle for Edgar Wright. Not sure if they've already got a director lined up.
Sex Panther
AG
quote:
I would be much more confident about this being a quality movie if it was Marvel doing it rather than Fox...

From what I understand I'm not sure Deadpool fits into the MCU. I'm guessing he'll break the 4th Wall and apparently if this is not a hard R with people's heads flying left and right, it won't really be Deadpool.
Quad Dog
AG
I guess everyone forgot this will be Ryan Reynolds' third comic book movie character. He was Green Lantern, Deadpool, and Hannibal King in Blade:Trinity.

That puts him the lead ahead of Chris Evan with two, and Ben Affleck with about to be two.
MGS
So does the timeline change from Day of Future's Past mean what happened with Deadpool in X-Men Origins: Wolverine didn't really happen?

They also need to work a Tim Duncan cameo in this movie.
GiveEmHellBill
AG
Deadpool was introduced around the time I started losing interest in comics.

However, even then I knew that anything that Rob Liefeld created was absolute s**t. There are websites devoted to how God-awful an artist he was/is.

Here's just one example:

Has this man ever seen a human female before? Bodies don't do this. And what is his obsession with pouches???
Sex Panther
AG
quote:
They also need to work a Tim Duncan cameo in this movie.
Geralt of Rivia
S
Heck yeah!
Dr. Horrible
quote:
I guess everyone forgot this will be Ryan Reynolds' third comic book movie character. He was Green Lantern, Deadpool, and Hannibal King in Blade:Trinity.

That puts him the lead ahead of Chris Evan with two, and Ben Affleck with about to be two.
4th if you add in RIPD... Although it was easily the most forgettable...
Nonregdrummer09
AG
Most shocking update to this is that Kevin Feige is co-producing! This gives me high hopes. Disney taking significant interest in protecting at least their other rights in these characters?
West Texan
AG
Deadpool
Red Five
AG
As much as I like Deadpool, this movie's ceiling is probably Punisher: War Zone- it will click with Deadpool fans and not so much with the kind of casual fans that have been caught up in this wave of marvel mania. If Reynolds is attached his name could make a difference there, but if he passes, yep, Punisher. At least it would be appropriately violent.
rhutton125
AG
Ryan Reynolds
Aggie94
AG
Guys, it's FOX studios. They'll f*** it up.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.