*********Z Nation*********

1,713 Views | 12 Replies | Last: 9 yr ago by Smokes With Cigarettes
Aggie Infantry
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG

Not a bad opening show. Two observations....

1) 3 years after the outbreak and all the lawns are mowed.

2) SPOILER.....

.....Sorry to see the the Special Ops LT killed. He is a good actor.
Saxsoon
AG
I was really bummed when I heard that
Dro07
AG
saw the trailer and looks campy as heck. The zombie baby looked very I am Legendish
The Debt
I got set to record for midnight tonight.

Idk if I can watch another bad Z show, Im already watching TWD.

I am kinda tired about the baby zombie, its kinda becoming a cliche. "We need to have a creepy zombie that is unique" "How about a baby" "great thinking! babies are innocent, this is small and evil like Chucky"
Smokes With Cigarettes
I'm digging it.
CheeseSndwch
Terrible acting but it had its moments. I can tell already that the guy they have to get to California being in insufferable jerk is going to get old quick but at least we know (hopefully) they'll keep moving.

The guy on the radio had some terribly cheesy line/acting moments. "You're right on top of them. Great flying sir!"

I like that they seem to be killing off people rather quickly but I don't know if that will hold up.

I think my favorite scene was the gun store on wheels. I always enjoy when post apocalyptic movies address the need for bartering.
chipotle
DJ Qualls needs to go away.
The Debt
Just started the pilot.

It was dumb when army dude killed prison dude "I give you mercy." It was even dumber when they killed the 84yo lady in the safehouse, "I give you the 8th Sacrament: Mercy."

Just terrible.
Aggie Infantry
AG
Some of it is really over-the-top...
But, I still watch.
BigAggie06
AG
Saw this thread just watched episode one starting episode two .... I am so conflicted ...

1) it seems like they just stole every element from TWD ... Georgia (check), School bus escape plan that goes wrong (check), prison dudes (check), dude with hammer (check), quest to the cure (check), convoy (check), ... did I miss any

2) acting is atrocious

3) ... it is freaking zombies I am watching ... fml
Clavell
AG
Mistake I made - I didn't drink before watching

Watched about 2/3rd of first episode, but gave up when the Liberty Bell rolled through the zombies. With a little alcohol I would have watched with the mindset that allowed me to enjoy Sharknado. However, even Sharknado couldn't be made into a series and work. This kind of badness can only be taken in movie format.
SteadicaTm
AG
quote:
Terrible acting but it had its moments. I can tell already that the guy they have to get to California being in insufferable jerk is going to get old quick but at least we know (hopefully) they'll keep moving.
Haha that guy is my friend Keith.

They did film all 13 episodes but the ratings keep dropping. Ok for SyFy still. I spoke with the producer this morning and she is not sure if they will get a 2nd season.
SeattleAgJr
The biggest problem for this show, other than it is just plain bad all around, is that there is already a very popular (for some reason) zombie show that is already out there.

There is not much you can do "new" in the zombie tv/movie/comic world, unlike other procedurals, so this is a lame duck show. That is just plain lame.
Smokes With Cigarettes
It's not the walking dead but I still like it. I would dvr any zombie show and watch it. Just enjoy the genre. I do like the sharpshooter 10 k.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.