Movie moments that terrorized you as a child.

17,324 Views | 217 Replies | Last: 9 yr ago by D12Lloyd
GinaLinetti
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
The labyrinth always freaked me out. And the original Blob. My daycare put them on at nap time when I was 4 or 5. I was terrified for days.
Belton Ag
AG
quote:
I have no idea what the name of it is.....

....but in the late 80's I saw a movie at my cousins house, I want to think it was on cable/satellite. But it was about these people traveling in an RV. They wind up at an RV park and run into some people that are devil worshipers and weird things start happening. I remember one scene where the woman opens a cabinet in the RV and a snake falls out. They end up getting freaked because of the series of weird events and try to drive away with some of the people chasing them. I specifically recall the people chasing them and banging on the sides of the RV, etc.

Like I said....I have no idea what it was, or even if it was really that scary. I just know it freaked out 10 year old Stive something fierce. I think I've always had a small built in fear of devil worshipers since.

Was this it?

http://m.imdb.com/title/tt0073600/

Because if it is, I share in your experience with it.
Stive
AG
Yeah that looks like it from what I remember. Freaked me out.
Jacques
That movie freaked out Tom Hanks, too...

Jacques
Poltergeist had a lot of bits that freaked me out. It was kind out like a horror movie for a 10 year old kid:

akaggie05
AG
The Gate.... specifically the scene with the eyeball coming out of the hand. Caught that part as a six year old during an HBO free preview weekend and it messed me up pretty bad. Honorable mention from later in life goes to Requiem for a Dream.
giddings_ag_06
AG
Holy smokes, did anyone else watch Tales From the Crypt? I was about 7 or so when my dad started letting me watch this and I'd sit there and hide under a blanket because of that scary damn laugh that this dude had.

The next freakiest for me was the Hills Have Eyes. Walking to your deer stand in the pitch black at 5:30am by yourself is probably the scariest thing in the world after watching that. I'd practically run from my four-wheeler to my stand with my gun loaded.
Bose Ikard
Poltergeist.

I'm not reading the whole thread, but if nobody has mentioned the original When A Stranger Calls, then this thread has failed. The opening scene to that movie freaked me out as a kid.
D12Lloyd
AG
Jeff Goldblum version of The Fly

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.