Things you never caught at first

14,878 Views | 91 Replies | Last: 9 yr ago by ChipFTAC01
The Debt
How long do you want to ignore this user?
There could be an entire thread dedicated to Arrested Development.
tallgrant
Springtime for Hitler from the Producers is played in Blazing Saddles. You hear it when they show the title card for Lilli Von Schtupp.
rhutton125
$240 Worth of Pudding
AG
quote:
Springtime for Hitler from the Producers is played in Blazing Saddles. You hear it when they show the title card for Lilli Von Schtupp.
I have to check this out.
ChipFTAC01
AG
quote:
In my defense, the only two movies I've seen with him are Van Wilder and Animal House.

I guess it's a lot more obvious for somebody who's seen a lot of his movies.
That's about all that anyone has seen him in. Scanning through his IMDB, his only other notable credits that caught my eye were Fletch, Black Sheep and a long-time recurring role on The West Wing.
Know Your Enemy
AG
quote:
That's even worse than the D-day/sheriff Farley one from earlier.

C'mon, man. It was about 20 years between movies and the guy put on a lot of weight. And it wasn't like he starred in anything else significant.
GoAgs92
AG
Maggie from Caddyshack (danny's girlfriend) is also the teenage girl molested by pinto in animal house.

BaileyAg
AG
^^^^mind blown^^^^
Jacques
quote:
Maggie from Caddyshack (danny's girlfriend) is also the teenage girl molested by pinto in animal house.

I noticed that (by the way sad what happened to that actress). What I did not notice at first was the article in the paper after the toga party about it.
MSFC Aggie
AG
quote:
Wow....I never made the connection
Jacques
quote:
quote:
Wow....I never made the connection

She made three movies before she was hit with full blown schizophrenia.
$240 Worth of Pudding
AG
4 movies actually. And it was a combo of drugs/alcohol and mental issues that got her. The movie "Stateside" is supposedly based on her.
GoAgs92
AG
the hot schoolgirl from Trainspotting is also Josh brolin's wife in No Country for Old Men.
McGregor
AG
^^^
Also Margaret in Boardwalk Empire.
Jacques
quote:
4 movies actually. And it was a combo of drugs/alcohol and mental issues that got her. The movie "Stateside" is supposedly based on her.
Her brother is in it. Not a good movie.

Several years ago after watching Animal House I googled a bit because I was curious what happened to her. I found a blog post with some comments from people that seemed to know her. She apparently never really got better.
TMoney2007
AG
quote:
quote:
Fight Club is a good one... and here's a theory for you: Marla is another figment of his imagination. Think of how often she speaks and no one reacts, or that she is able to show up to a testicular cancer meeting and no one seems to notice anything wrong, or that she becomes Jack's spirit animal, or that her lifestyle is an invisible one.

I see you this and raise you the theory that Ferris Bueller and Sloane are to Cameron what Tyler and Marla are to The Narrator though that movie never has a "reveal".
Watching fight club right now and the waiter in the diner acknowledges her after she orders food. Unless the narrator orders the food and the waiter nods to the left for no reason.
Worm01
AG
In the original National Lampoon's Vacation, when they check into the "Tent Hotel" after picking up Aunt Edna, the guy working the check-in desk while eating a slice of watermelon is the same actor who would later play Clark's boss, Mr. Shirley in Christmas Vacation.

Same actor plays the Caddy boss in Caddyshack.
Sex Panther
AG
^
That's Bill Murray's brother. He also co-wrote Caddyshack.
bthotugigem05
AG
I don't know if I'm just a moron or what, but I only recently got the joke in Forrest Gump when Bubba asks Forrest if he's ever been on a real shrimp boat and he responds no, but he's been on a real big boat.
Old Jock 1997
AG
quote:

I just bought both movies on iTunes, watched them back-to-back, and noticed the same thing.

In Vacation, Beverly D'Angelo wears panties in the shower. And when Clark is prepping the new station wagon, you can see the cameraman reflected in the hubcap.
aggiechick
Watching Sixteen Candles the other night....and I've never noticed that when "The Geek" gets rejected on the dance floor, he comes over to the awaiting geeks against the wall who are giving him a hard time, and he slaps this little guy across the face. It made me crack up and I've seen this movie thousands of times.

Same movie: when the grandparents are all trying to get in the car to go to the wedding and are playing musical chairs in the station wagon, one of the grandmothers just ducks down behind the car instead of actually getting in it.
gigemags-99
AG
Not a movie, but when my daughter was 4 she enlightened me to the fact that "twinkle, twinkle little star" and the "ABC" song had the same tune...mind blown.
ChipFTAC01
AG
quote:
quote:

I just bought both movies on iTunes, watched them back-to-back, and noticed the same thing.

In Vacation, Beverly D'Angelo wears panties in the shower. And when Clark is prepping the new station wagon, you can see the cameraman reflected in the hubcap.
Man, it's been too long since I've seen Vacation.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.