Things you never caught at first

14,876 Views | 91 Replies | Last: 9 yr ago by ChipFTAC01
jokershady
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Between repeated watching of kids shows and the Simpsons marathon I noticed 2 things I've never seen before:

In Cars 2 (I know it sucked, but my 3 y/o loves it) the boat at the beginning carrying Fin McMissle is The Northwestern from The Deadliest Catch.

In the Simpsons episode where George Bush Sr. and Homer go at it, Gerald Ford moves in at the end. His license plate on his car says "MR DUH"

what are some of the things you noticed yourself without the assistance of IMDB or any other source?
The Debt
The star rating on IMDB for Spinal Tap goes to 11.

Thats not what you asked but this seems like the right place to post this.
Average Joe
AG
Everyone wears Crocs in Idiocracy. Watched it a dozen times before realizing it.
p_bubel
p_bubel
Plus, of course:

This one was hysterical.
COOL LASER FALCON
quote:

Heard an interview with Hurwitz talking about Winkler being kind of sensitive about them bringing up Fonzie stuff, so they didn't even put this in the script. They just brought it up to him at the time and pretended it was a spur of the moment decision. The original idea was actually for him to look in to the mirror and kind of give a sigh like he wasn't exactly thrilled with what he saw.
chico
AG
Debt - that's awesome.
Bruce Almighty
AG
There's a scene in Evil Dead 2 where you can see Freddy Krueger's glove.
israeliag
AG
et98
AG
In the movie Office Space, there is a giant silver piece of modern art outside the entrance of Initech. It's a sculpture of a square peg being crammed into a round hole.
txagman1998
AG
Greedo shot first.
Seven Psycho Ags
The kid pointing at his dick at the end of BTTF3.

The guy with his dick out at the end of Teen Wolf.

I'm sensing a pattern with Michael J Fox films.
Stupe
S
quote:
what are some of the things you noticed yourself without the assistance of IMDB or any other source?

That part of the OP has already been ignored by this crowd.
DrQuincy
AG
One of the few changes to the Special Editions that I appreciate is the sounds effect added to the scene in israeliag's GIF.

Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
Mon Mothma stares at Admiral Ackbar without moving or blinking during his entire speech in the conference room of Return of the Jedi. It's really disconcerting.
UnderoosAg
AG
The stereo upgrade Buck pushes in Boogie Nights is TK421. Same as the operating number of the Stormtrooper no longer at the post when Han and Luke rescue Leia.
TajMaballer
AG
quote:
Greedo shot first.

LUCAAAAAS!!
Cibalo
In Fight Club there are 1 frame clips of Tyler (Brad Pitt) appearing next to Jack (Ed Norton) before Tyler is every introduced on the air plane. I probably watched the movie 5 times and never saw it. It wasn't until I watch some of the comentatry on the DVD and they mentioned it.
The Debt
Splicing Tyler into the previous scenes took a 2nd viewing to realize. Also the cigarette burns in the top right corner.
The Debt
Also, in the 6th sense, there is this huuge twist:

That dude in the hairpiece, that was Bruce Willis the entire movie.
Carlo4
AG
Brad Pitt is also in the hotel welcome video prior to becoming Tyler Durden.
et98
AG
The Dukes of Hazzard was my favorite show as a kid and I still watch the reruns on a regular basis.
The Andy Griffith Show is my favorite show of all time and I've seen every episode countless times.
But it wasn't until recently that I realized that my favorite Andy Griffith character (Briscoe Darling, the head of the hillbilly family that comes to town a couple times every season) and my favorite Dukes of Hazzard character (Uncle Jesse)...ARE PLAYED BY THE SAME PERSON!!
KeithDB
AG
quote:
Greedo shot first.
Of course he did, our hero needed to act in clear self defense. But Greedo missed, they always do.

Whos Juan
AG
Tons of moments in Arrested Development.

The beagle sleeping on the doghouse in the background while the sad Peanuts music is playing

Lupe's hand me downs from the Bluths

[This message has been edited by Whos Juan (edited 8/25/2014 1:25p).]
gigemags-99
AG
I didn't get the "Long Duck Dong" name gag in Sixteen Candles until I was in my mid twenties and watched it for the umpteenth time.

Didn't click until I really listened to what Molly Ringwald's little brother said:
"How do you think I feel? I'm living under a chinaman named after a duck's dork."
$240 Worth of Pudding
AG
taint98,
A) You're my kinda dude....Andy Griffith Show is the greatest show of all time.

B) The fact that you didn't recognize Denver Pyle is almost unforgivable.

C) Did you know that "The Darlings" were a real life bluegrass band called "The Dillards" and were DAMN good?
gigemags-99
AG
Cousin Eddie's gigantic bulge down the leg of his leisure suit in Christmas Vacation...The scene where he and Clark are at the grocery store.

Also makes sense when the kidnapped boss' wife describes the kidnapper as a "bulging" man.
Professor Frick
AG
quote:
Also, in the 6th sense, there is this huuge twist:

That dude in the hairpiece, that was Bruce Willis the entire movie.

Remind me of Tracy Jordan on 30 Rock:

"I finally understand the end of the Sixth Sense! Those were the names of the people that made the movie !"
$240 Worth of Pudding
AG
Back To The Future is my favorite movie of all time. Saw it in the theater as an 11 year old kid and just fell in love with it. It wasn't until I saw it for probably 200th time sometime in my late 20's that it dawned on me that old man Peabody, the former land owner where Twin Pines mall now is in the movie, has a son named "Sherman"....he's listed in the credits. Sherman and Peabody were old cartoon characters that traveled through time.

*Edited for fuzzy memory*

[This message has been edited by Beer Leg (edited 8/25/2014 2:11p).]
Professor Frick
AG
Wow, good catch!

And of course after Marty crashes into one peabody's pines, the future mall is now called lone pine instead of twin pines
The Debt
quote:
Remind me of Tracy Jordan on 30 Rock:

"I finally understand the end of the Sixth Sense! Those were the names of the people that made the movie !"
Mine was not mine. It was Charlie from Sunny.
Stive
AG
In Dumb and Dumber, at one point before Harry and Lloyd leave on their journey, they're walking out of their apartment and behind them is a guy peeing on the wall. My roommates during my fifth year and myself had seen that movie probably 20 times before we caught that.

Bruce Almighty
AG
Jaws if my favorite movie. I've known forever that Bruce was the nickname given by the film crew for the mechanical shark. Bruce is even my son's middle name. It took me a few times of seeing Finding Nemo before I realized that the shark Bruce was in reference to Jaws.
Rudyjax
AG
quote:
Wow, good catch!

And of course after Marty crashes into one peabody's pines, the future mall is now called lone pine instead of twin pines

I didn't even realize all the changes until I read the novelization
Seven Psycho Ags
quote:
quote:

That part of the OP has already been ignored by this crowd.

You can't prove that, Russ!
Last Page
Page 1 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.