hell on wheels

5,633 Views | 46 Replies | Last: 9 yr ago by Tom in College Station
twenty two ags
How long do you want to ignore this user?
anyone watching this season? i vaguely remember last season being bad and the ending being terrible.
Cibalo
watching again. this show seems to pretty good. its not great but the overall plot is there and advancing and the main characters have been well developed.
Preferred Nomenclature
AG
I agree last season's ending was terrible. I thought the season opener was pretty good though. So many ways to go with things.
Ol Jock 99
AG
Didn't realize it was back until I saw it on the DVR. I'll catch up this weekend.
S.A.Aggie2006
AG
Really liked the first season but thought it got progressively worse
Gomer95
AG
I just watched the DVRed 1st episode of this season last night and I liked it a lot. But it could just be because it was gone for a while and I was glad to watch it. I REALLY don't like the Swede/Bishop and I'm ready for him to get offed. It was entertaining but I would imagine the show doesn't have but one or 2 seasons left in it.
Dread Pirate Roberts
This episode wasn't as action based or exciting, but it looks like they were setting up for good story lines going forward.

I agree about ready to move on from the Swede/bishop.
The Debt
Without the Swede they need to find an antagonist that is smart enough to see past the industry and whoring and strong enough to be a threat to Bohannon.
Blanco Jimenez
AG
Any thoughts on Elam? Alive or dead? I can't see how he survives the winter unless he's with the Indians.
CU@Kyle
Wow, didn't see that coming with Elam.
Dread Pirate Roberts
***** Spoilers below *****

I'm very surprised they brought him back from assumed death, after he missed several episodes, to kill him off "again" in his second episode back.
et98
AG
I thought that was weird too. What was the point?
SteveA
AG
They were board? I'm trying to finish this thing out, but last season and so far this one, have been abysmal.
The Debt
I like the Carpetbaggers storyline.

I think the Elam storyline isnt about Elam, but about Cullen. Having a bear kill Elam is kinda weak, having the protagonist deal with Elam offers much more for the audience and the plot.
Centerpole90
AG
Those last two episodes were brutal. I'm going to stick this out but if something doesn't get going soon, I don't see another season coming.

I agree, the carpetbagger guy is doing a good job of playing the a-hole!
The Debt
I have hated him since the Dawn of the Dead remake. "This is your male lead Romero? Really?" Lol.

But yes, he does a great job. I just wish there was more tension like Deadwood.
RAB91
Other than focusing on the Swede too much, IMO this year has been really good. I do wonder how long they'll keep his young wife around though.
Rex Racer
AG
I am still enjoying it. Cullen's crying at the end tore my heart out.
Waltonloads08
AG
Cullen's open mouthed crying at the end was ridiculously awesome over-acting
AggieSouth06
Watched season 1 on Netflix. Wasn't a huge fan and decided not to watch it anymore.

About a year later, watched season 2 on Netflix. wasn't a huge fan and decided not to watch it anymore.

Just finished season 3 on Netflix. I've decided I'm not a huge fan and don't plan to watch it anymore.

So I'll let you guys know what I think of season 4.
TXAGFAN
AG
quote:
Cullen's open mouthed crying at the end was ridiculously awesome over-acting
Agree
tree91
AG
It looks like the real Bohannon is about to make a comeback. Finally.
Physical Graffiti
AG
quote:
Watched season 1 on Netflix. Wasn't a huge fan and decided not to watch it anymore.

About a year later, watched season 2 on Netflix. wasn't a huge fan and decided not to watch it anymore.

Just finished season 3 on Netflix. I've decided I'm not a huge fan and don't plan to watch it anymore.

So I'll let you guys know what I think of season 4.

Agree exactly!
Waltonloads08
AG
Im ready for him to start killing yankees again
et98
AG
This last episode looked a lot more like a traditional "western" which I liked. A reformed gunslinger & his ex-partner-in-crime who's now the corrupt sheriff meeting in the dusty street as adversaries, innocent bystanders scurrying off in fear, a jail break, a train heist, a shootout, and a Gatlin gun...it was excellent.

Now if I could only figure out what the journalist lady's angle is in seducing the new mayor. Other than simply getting better access to the story, I can't figure out what her end game is.
Centerpole90
AG
Well I haven't watched the episode, but I know it's not to get him in bed. I wonder if anyone has told him she's into chicks??
Dread Pirate Roberts
quote:
This last episode looked a lot more like a traditional "western" which I liked. A reformed gunslinger & his ex-partner-in-crime who's now the corrupt sheriff meeting in the dusty street as adversaries, innocent bystanders scurrying off in fear, a jail break, a train heist, a shootout, and a Gatlin gun...it was excellent.

I agree 100%

quote:
Now if I could only figure out what the journalist lady's angle is in seducing the new mayor. Other than simply getting better access to the story, I can't figure out what her end game is.

We were saying the same thing. I thought at first it was just a distraction for the jail break, but it looks like its more than that.

I'm interested to see how the show goes forward with the escapees. Cullen needs them to build the railroad, so they're not going anywhere. It would be out of character for a governor (especially one as stubborn as this one) to not go back and arrest them again.
Cibalo
That was a solid episode and maybe the best of the season. I thought for sure the reporter lady was going to either distract or straight up kill the Gov but it seems like she has more of a long term angle in mind.

Only thing I didn't understand is how the Marshall could have run though the open field and no one saw him running and how he could have covered that distance in such a short amount of time but then is just an show angle that doesn't bother me too much.
Centerpole90
AG
Okay, I watched it. Add me to the list of confused over what the newspaper chick is after. And the awkwardly uncomfortable love scene...
The Debt
quote:
Okay, I watched it. Add me to the list of confused over what the newspaper chick is after. And the awkwardly uncomfortable love scene...
Journalist wants to f-ck a politician. Is this new to you?

RAB91
Another good episode last night. Between her breaking down after the fire and the shooting, Ruth stole the show last night.
Centerpole90
AG
Okay, so from the previews we see that there is a dilemma because Ruth killed Sydney.

Really? I know the gov was all about law and order, but I thought that Cullen cleared with him that Sydney was going to die. Hell, he was about to shoot it out when she killed him.
Cibalo
We don't know if Sydney is dead at the end of the episode but it does look bad. If you watched the next week preview it had some spoilers which I won't post here.

The issue is that Cullen was a lawman so it would have be within his rights to shoot Sydney and not face any issues from the Gov where as Ruth is just a citizen who shot a man while not in the act of self defense. In the past the Gov has been very hard on this type of justice.

Next week should be pretty interesting and I hope Ruth stays. I was upset that the boy died since it looks like the Swed is coming back to town. I was really hoping the boy would see him and fully out what he did to Cullen.
Duncan Idaho
This week's episode was the best of the season and was bloody enough to make a lanister sick
Blanco Jimenez
AG
Did it just stop airing for a month? I thought that was a weird season finale and then I had one on my DVR this weekend.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.