Mad Max: Fury Road

66,546 Views | 431 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by cbr
GiveEmHellBill
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG

F*** yeah.
birdman
I'm all in
GoAgs92
AG
Needs a bruce spence and emil minty cameo fo sho.
FL_Ag1998
AG
The originals were a big favorite of my youth, looking forward to this one. Especially with Hardy in it.
Sex Panther
AG
Several cool photos

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1392190/mediaindex?ref_=tt_pv_mi_sm
TCTTS
AG
The first trailer is debuting at Comic-Con on Saturday. Word is it might be online shortly after.
FL_Ag1998
AG
Sunofa***** those pics have me pumped for some apocalyptic Mad Max action!

Just because I'm lazy and really should be working anyway, can anybody tell me the timeframe of this movie - before or after or during the events of the first trilogy?
Satellite of Love
Sweet. Another non-original idea from Hollywood.
Urban Ag
AG
TCTTS - any ideas on what kind of rating they are shooting for? Re-boots typically don't grab my attention but if they go for the PG-13 approach I'd be pretty dissappointed. Fast and Furious Apocalypse.

Robocop was another I loved in the 80's but won't think twice about panning the re-boot with the PG-13 rating. It's Robocop, it supposed to be very gritty and violent. Sam for Max.
schmendeler
AG
mel gibson?
TCTTS
AG
Urban Ag - My guess would be PG-13, since it's a mid-May, summer blockbuster. That said, it's from the same director as the originals (George Miller), so who knows. I haven't heard anything either way yet.

[This message has been edited by TCTTS (edited 7/24/2014 1:34p).]
TCTTS
AG
quote:
mel gibson?

Nope. Tom Hardy. Along with Charlize Theron and Nicholas Hoult.
Malachi Constant
AG
schmendeler
AG
don't know why, but i have significantly less interest if he won't have any part of it.
GiveEmHellBill
AG
quote:
“I wanted to tell a linear story–a chase that starts as the movie begins and continues for 110 minutes,” says the Australian writer-director. Fury Road features few digital effects and even less dialogue, he explains.
Bruce Almighty
AG
better late than never
TCTTS
AG
First footage just played at Comic-Con...

Josh Lincoln Dickey ‏@NotoriousJLD
George Miller's MAD MAX footage is unholy amazing. Wowow. Something new and scary and rad. Didn't care about this project but now ... #SDCC

Eric Vespe ‏@EricVespe
Holy sh*t... That totally looks like a Mad Max movie. Massive explosions, crazy-ass punks, freaky bad guy with mask...

Germain Lussier ‏@GermainLussier
Mad Max: Fury Road makes the previous three movies look like silent films. It's so massive and wild looking. I'm sold. #SDCC #ComicCon

Alex Billington ‏@firstshowing
I really cannot even begin to describe some of the footage we saw. We haven't seen an action movie like Mad Max: Fury Road in a LONG time.

Borys Kit ‏@Borys_Kit
My mind was just blown away. #FuryRoad The most insane thing I've seen all Comic Con.

ErikDavis ‏@ErikDavis
"My name is Max. My world is fire and blood" HOLY CRAP the footage for FURY ROAD was insane. Dirt, dust, violence, & SO much crazy #SDCC

Peter Sciretta ‏@slashfilm
Mad Max Fury Road looks like the next level of the evolution of whats possible in a cinematic car chase sequence. amazing. #ComicCon

Devin Faraci ‏@devincf
Literally cannot describe the insanity of the FURY ROAD footage. CHASE SCENE IN A TORNADO SWARM!!! #SDCC

Brian Truitt ‏@briantruitt
Mad Max looks INSANE. Like the best kind of INSANE. As if a meth lab exploded all over a hot rod flick. #sdcc

[This message has been edited by TCTTS (edited 7/26/2014 12:51p).]
CheeseSndwch
quote:
mel gibson?

He's just a raggedy-man!
TCTTS
AG
Holy hell, this looks AMAZING. Trailer just hit, and I can honestly say I've never seen anything quite like this before. WOW.

https://www.youtube.com/embed/akX3Is3qBpw

[This message has been edited by TCTTS (edited 7/27/2014 12:35p).]
Sex Panther
AG
That looks badass
W.C. Griffin '09
AG
I'm look forward to this
jabberwalkie09
Malachi Constant
AG
If this is done right (and it looks like it from the trailer), this movie could be ridiculously awesome
Deputy Travis Junior
Looks cool but that was the most unilluminating full length trailers I've ever seen. Nothing but 2 sec action shots (other than the intro).

My plot take away was that the bad guys capture tom hardy and graft a bane mask onto his face.

[This message has been edited by Deputy Travis Junior (edited 7/27/2014 4:50p).]
TCTTS
AG
It was a teaser trailer, which are not only getting longer in length, but aren't really meant to give away much of the plot. We're still 10 months from release. You're not really supposed to know what's going on.
Deputy Travis Junior
I am still convinced they turn him into Bane.

[This message has been edited by Deputy Travis Junior (edited 7/27/2014 5:26p).]
R0GUE
AG
Who runs Bartertown!?
PatAg
AG
I'd rather a trailer tell you nothing over giving you the whole story
sanitariex
AG
We'll I'm definitely in.
FL_Ag1998
AG
Son of a gun, that trailer looked awesome! And I had forgotten just how badass the originals are and how much I love them.
NorthshoreAg
BTKAG97
AG
That trailer leaves the viewer with a ton of questions rather than summing up the story in 2 and a half minutes.
zap
AG
WOW WOW WOW

2015 is too far away
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
I've never seen a Mad Max movie and know precisely zip about that series. Will I be able to go into this movie and not be completely lost?
Bruce Almighty
AG
Probably but the movies are awesome and worth watching.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.