*****OUTLANDER*****

15,351 Views | 120 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Drawkcab
chiken
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
No freaking WAY, lodestar! The first book is the best!!! If you don't like it, you should just move on. TRUST ME.
GinaLinetti
AG
quote:
No freaking WAY, lodestar! The first book is the best!!! If you don't like it, you should just move on. TRUST ME.

I'm 2/3 in so I'll finish it but I've literally been reading it for months. I generally read books in that style in a week tops. It's frustrating.
chiken
AG
Well I'm sorry to hear that! I really think you should just stop it. There's 8 books after it and if you think this is bad, you'd hate the rest.
GinaLinetti
AG
I'm going to try and read a couple hundred pages in between naps today. I'm hoping that gears me up. I really hate to not finish. And I really wanted to like it
chiken
AG
So you have you watched the series then?
GinaLinetti
AG
No. But I want to try it.
chiken
AG
WHY AREN'T WE TALKING ABOUT THIS ANYMORE?!
Belton Ag
AG
Whatcha got? Anyone find the end of the last episode to be a very strange turn in the series?
chiken
AG
What about the last episode specifically?

I thought the last episode sure opened with a.......a.....bang?
Belton Ag
AG
quote:
What about the last episode specifically?

I thought the last episode sure opened with a.......a.....bang?
Wait, are we doing spoilers in this thread?
chiken
AG
Yes.
Belton Ag
AG
I just thought it was kind of odd the way last week's episode ended with Claire and Geillis being taken away and accused of witchcraft.
Duncan Idaho
quote:
WHY AREN'T WE TALKING ABOUT THIS ANYMORE?!

Because it is terribly boring?

Terrible terrible show.
chiken
AG
quote:
I just thought it was kind of odd the way last week's episode ended with Claire and Geillis being taken away and accused of witchcraft.

Isn't that what happens in the book? Jaime goes off with Dougal and while he's gone, even though Jaime says to stay there she thinks Geillis is sick and goes to her house? It's followed the book pretty well. They've taken some liberties with how things are explained but I can understand that considering the book is so long.
Belton Ag
AG
I never read the books.
chiken
AG
oh, sorry. Well, it goes with the books but I can see why you're confused. They skipped a couple chapters where she's bored tending people that are ill around the castle while Jaime is away. So when she receives a note allegedly from Geillis that she's ill, she leaps at the excuse to go.

When she arrives at Geillis' home though, she's not happy to see Claire because there's a mob outside wanting to take her away for the murder of her husband. Nobody believes he died accidentally. She knows that Claire being there is bad because they'll take her away as well. I believe she tells her "You need to leave" but then the mob breaks into the house and takes them both for witch craft.

Another part they skipped over is Claire saving a young boys life when a priest couldn't. She tried helping the priest who had been injured by a dog biting him but he wouldn't let a woman touch him. So when the priest is pissed that Claire is helping the boy instead of letting God heal him, she says "Your leg will fester if you dont let me help you." So the priest is in the mob and says "This woman wished damnation upon me and look, it came true!" And then he shows the crowd his gangrenous leg. I hope I'm not spoiling the next episode for you! I figured they would have shown that in the last episode.
Drawkcab
Just discovered this series a couple months ago. I'm in season 3 and Frank was just killed in a car accident. I'm 100% team Frank here. Screw Jamie Fraser. When Claire gets back to the past, if shes not as upset with Jamie for being with that one girl in the cave as she was at Frank for bringing that lady to their house she's official on my bad side and just as shallow as she seems to think Frank was.

Anyway, good show.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.