****NEW MUSIC CHECK - Q3 2014****

3,180 Views | 47 Replies | Last: 9 yr ago by cone
DonaldFDraper
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
quote:
quote:
The new Odesza album In Return is the best I've heard in a very long time. Strongly recommend if you like electronic. Vocals are killer.

I saw these guys Friday night at Index Fest. They were awesome. Some other tracks:

Sun Models
How Did I get Here
My Friends Never Die

How was Index Fest?

The lineup was more than solid but with Arky weekend and ACL this weekend, I skipped on going.
East Dallas Ag
AG
I thought Index was awesome but I only made out Friday night even though I had a weekend pass. I typically avoid the big festivals so the size and scale of this was perfect. My only complaint was that the bigger acts went on early. I asked an acquaintance who was involved in organizing and he said they actually have pretty strict noise restrictions there so they have to finish up the outdoor stuff early. But with every venue in DE hosting acts, it really felt like walking around 6th street that night. If the lineup is anything like this year I'll plan to go back next year.
MW03
AG
Driving Ms. Daisy - Logic feat. Childish Gambino
DonaldFDraper
AG
quote:
I thought Index was awesome but I only made out Friday night even though I had a weekend pass. I typically avoid the big festivals so the size and scale of this was perfect. My only complaint was that the bigger acts went on early. I asked an acquaintance who was involved in organizing and he said they actually have pretty strict noise restrictions there so they have to finish up the outdoor stuff early. But with every venue in DE hosting acts, it really felt like walking around 6th street that night. If the lineup is anything like this year I'll plan to go back next year.

Good to hear. I went a few years ago and had a really good time but the concert itself was so-so.

I am tempted to hop on these $69 presale tickets based on this years lineup but with football and ACL, I may hold out.

https://www.spunetickets.com/checkout/id/23543011513220464/utm_medium/email/utm_campaign/test%20matthew/utm_source/Index%20Fest%20Thank%20You!
DonaldFDraper
AG
quote:
Driving Ms. Daisy - Logic feat. Childish Gambino

Tight.
DonaldFDraper
AG
Any fans of Toro y Moi. He has a new project called Les Sins that has a couple solid tracks.

"Brother"

"Why"
https://soundcloud.com/company-record-label/les-sins-why-ft-nate-salman-1/

MW03
AG
I'm a Toro fan, so I'll definitely check that out.

Right now I'm hooked on this band The American Scene and their newest (debut?) album Haze.

I'm having a bit of trouble finding anything on them, but here's their bandcamp site: http://purenoise.bandcamp.com/album/haze

It reminds me so much of Jimmy Eat World from the Clarity and before days, only just a tweak harder. Anyway, it's pretty awesome.

Track 7 - Over to You

I added them to the spotify playlist if anyone is even following that thing.
DonaldFDraper
AG
quote:
I added them to the spotify playlist if anyone is even following that thing.

I am. I have been traveling for work and working remotely so my music listening has been less than normal.
Big Cat `93
AG
The new Imogen Heap is outstanding.
Sex Panther
AG
I listen to it MW03, keep up the good work.
DonaldFDraper
AG
I haz the dumb.
Blanco Jimenez
AG
What is the spotify link? I am interested in hearing some new stuff but I am far from plugged in to sources for new music.
E.KingTrill
quote:
quote:
quote:
This new Kendrick song is absolute basura.

What new Kendrick song?

I let it sink in for a few days. Still hits like warm trash water.

Gotta disagree. I initially didn't like it until I heard it on a good sound system, but that really brings it out
cone
AG
subtle dig
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.