Awesome, bonkers trailer for BIRDMAN (Michael Keaton, Edward Norton, Emma Stone)...

14,388 Views | 114 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by TexasAggie_02
TCTTS
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
This looks amazing. Even though I have absolutely no idea what the hell is going on. Here's the plot synopsis...

quote:
BIRDMAN or The Unexpected Virtue of Ignorance is a black comedy that tells the story of an actor (Michael Keaton) – famous for portraying an iconic superhero – as he struggles to mount a Broadway play. In the days leading up to opening night, he battles his ego and attempts to recover his family, his career, and himself.

Word is this has Oscar potential, which makes it even more interesting. Fox Searchlight almost always delivers the good in that regard.

BIRDMAN or The Unexpected Virtue of Ignorance hits theaters on October 17...

http://youtu.be/xIxMMv_LD5Q

Sex Panther
AG
Looks very intriguing
schmendeler
AG
looks weird. and funny. i'm intrigued.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
quote:
BIRDMAN or The Unexpected Virtue of Ignorance is a black comedy that tells the story of an actor (Michael Keaton) – famous for portraying an iconic superhero

Wonder if this is based on a real-life actor.
TCTTS
AG
^ I love how it sounds like they're kind of mocking the Bale bat-voice too.
Jim01
AG
Looks good to me.

Always loved Keaton and every interview I've seen with him he is the nicest guy imaginable. I kind of root for him to have a comeback.

mhayden
Will Peter Potamus be making an appearance?
Al Bula
AG
WAT?

I'm confused. Michael Keaton is portraying an actor who used to be Birdman and now wants to go legit and have a serious acting career... Is this the Birdman or the old cartoon series? BIIIIIIRRRRDDDDDDD MAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAN!
Ulrich
quote:
Michael Keaton is portraying an actor who used to be Birdman and now wants to go legit and have a serious acting career

With RDJ as an Australian trying to win an Oscar playing a black guy playing Michael Keaton [Michael Keaton is portraying an actor who used to be Birdman and now wants to go legit and have a serious acting career] trying to win an Oscar in BIRDMAN.
JakeyBS
AG
Cannot wait for this, so much potential
investorAg83
AG
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kjuKABU-XPY
Satellite of Love
But will this show his eventual shift towards becoming an attorney??
MGS
A sequel to Condorman?

Btron
AG
Love Michael Keaton, Emma, and Naomi.
This looks visually like a Charlie Kaufman film. Which is a great thing.
aggiesq
AG
Keaton and Norton are both outstanding actors in my book. Clean and Sober is a great movie
SapperAg
AG
quote:

One of the best short comedy shows of all time.
Professor Frick
AG
Colbert was great on that show.
Whos Juan
AG
My favorite episode was when Grape Ape got accused of taking steroids for the Laff-a-lympics.
LHIOB
AG
Michael Keaton was outstanding in The Other Guys
KeithDB
AG
MGS, thanks for that trip down memory lane. Always loved Condorman.
heisatouchdown
AG
Thought this was about Harvey Birdman at first.

Is this story similar to Keaton being batman and everything after?
Brock Sampson
AG
quote:

Yes
Seven Psycho Ags
He summoned Songbird!
TCTTS
AG
First reviews out of the Venice Film Festival are in, and it's looking like a Best Picture nomination is a lock...

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/birdman_2014/

http://blogs.indiewire.com/theplaylist/venice-review-alejandro-inarritus-birdman-with-michael-keaton-emma-stone-ed-norton-more-20140827

http://www.hitfix.com/in-contention/review-birdman-soars-opening-venice-with-a-sure-fire-oscar-contender
Know Your Enemy
AG
WTF did I just watch?
hammerhead
Oscar potential?? Jeez this country has gone to hell..
TCTTS
AG
^ Ha! Care to elaborate? If a movie features an engaging story and great acting, why does it matter how weird/unconventional it may or may not be? Shouldn't quality originality be rewarded?
TCTTS
AG
Also, it's good to know more 70-year-olds are posting here. A diverse audience makes for a lively discussion.
Seven Psycho Ags
Being in the film business, you should know that the fate of the country's values hangs on whether or not a film about a washed up actor who played a Batman ripoff loses at the Oscars.

[This message has been edited by Seven Psycho Ags (edited 8/27/2014 5:30p).]
TCTTS
AG
Stock up on canned goods and board your windows. Gonna be a tense few months.

[This message has been edited by TCTTS (edited 8/27/2014 6:37p).]
TCTTS
AG
Final trailer and poster, both of which are pretty great...

https://ted-smith-hejq.squarespace.com/blog/2014/9/25/final-poster-for-birdman

Three weeks.
TCTTS
AG
Saw it tonight. Really good, but not great. It's insanely unique, beautifully shot (there's not a single edit until the last five minutes), and the cast is awesome. But overall, it was just a little too out there at times, and never quite came together for me. Definitely glad I saw it, and was entertained, but I seriously doubt this will be the Best Picture nominee so many are claiming.

Highlight of the night was my friend and I sitting next to John Slattery at the theater bar before the movie (no, we didn't bother him). Also saw Zosia Mamet, who was sitting a few seats down during the movie (and making out hard core with some dude in the lobby before). Not only did I get to have a drink next to Roger Sterling, but I also felt like I was on the set of Girls. Pretty good night all around.
TCTTS
AG
Hits Dallas, Plano, and Austin today...

http://www.foxsearchlight.com/post/4043/buy-opening-weekend-tickets-to-birdman-now/

The more time away from this movie I have, the less I like it. Really curious to hear what non-critics think, if anyone gets a chance a to see it soon.
Btron
AG
I want to see it and will.
I've missed seeing Keaton movies. I unfortunately have said this for years. I've always enjoyed him.,
TCTTS
AG
Keaton is phenomenal in the movie. Great to see him back in a starring role like this.
Last Page
Page 1 of 4

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.