Big Hero 6 - first Disney/Marvel animated film

1,915 Views | 25 Replies | Last: 9 yr ago by Dr. Horrible
fig96
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Don't know if anyone here is at all familiar with it but I've been anxiously awaiting Big Hero 6, the first Disney/Marvel animated feature collaboration based on the Marvel comic of the same name. It's a manga styled comic about teens in San Fransokyo who build their own robots that become involved in a plot to save the city.

There's been very little shown so far, just these teasers and environment renders, but this morning a few stills were released and the first trailer is due this week. The film releases in November.

[This message has been edited by fig96 (edited 5/20/2014 10:15a).]
Sex Panther
AG
TJ Miller is in it
jeffk
AG
I hadn't seen this before and it looks pretty promising. Definitely an interesting concept.
Gradin
israeliag
AG
So like Incredibles, but the robot and its inventor are the heroes not the bad-guys this time? Noice!
TCTTS
AG
First poster. Trailer hits tomorrow...

fig96
AG
And there's also a teaser...teaser?

Big Hero 6 Teaser Trailer Sneak Peek
jeffk
AG
I've not been sufficiently teased.
howitzercannon
Quailmeezy
AG
A friend of mine, and fellow Aggie, works at DAS and has been working on this project for a while. He is really excited about it. Hopefully it delivers!
israeliag
AG
Trailer:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vco0SpSz17g

Music definitely sounds like Marvel
jeffk
AG
Awesome!
Skitch05
AG
Looks fun!

Also:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eU6Djgf0gNo
fig96
AG
I was reminded of the Incredibles teaser as well, I think I also caught a few sound effects from Wall-E and Luxo Jr in there.

Definitely love how much personality they've gotten into a pretty simple sequence. Also saw a great quote about the project in this article (Chris Williams is one of the directors).

quote:
While creating a robot with two different looks was one challenge, crafting an entire film that could appeal to both Disney audiences and Marvel comics fans was another. “We want people to feel comfortable bringing families and kids,” says Williams. “At the same time, there are going to be people who are fans of superhero movies and they’re used to action scenes of a certain scope and we don’t want to disappoint those people. We are those people.”

israeliag
AG
So whens The Incredibles 2 coming out?
Gradin
fig96
AG
No date for Incredibles 2 yet but it is officially in development.
R0GUE
AG
http://io9.com/first-look-at-the-six-big-heroes-of-big-hero-6-1597990688

Great character design, as you would expect.
fig96
AG
For sure, and definitely not any question it's going to be very superhero-y.
Saxsoon
AG
Very excited
jabberwalkie09
AG
Searched for other threads (this is the only one when I titled search that came up) but the trailer has apparently come out.

http://variety.com/2014/film/news/big-hero-six-movie-disney-marvel-1201262858/

[This message has been edited by jabberwalkie09 (edited 7/16/2014 4:39p).]
fig96
AG
A heads up, I've been told the Japanese trailer (not the one linked in that article, that's the US version) is rather spoiler-ish.

Definitely looking like there's going to be some Marvel-esque action in this one. I was chatting with a Disney story artist on Twitter a few days ago and he had a couple interesting comments regarding the design and feel:

quote:
We referenced superhero films like The Avengers and The Dark Knight, alongside anime classics like Akira and Ghost In The Shell. So it's aiming to combine a modern action-adventure feel with the artistry of Japanese anime masterpieces.

Super excited for this one.
jeffk
AG
Very cool.
mazag08
AG
I'm guessing its more aimed at kids and comic book readers?
fig96
AG
I don't think any more than any other comic based film, probably some tidbits for readers of the comic but I'd expect it to be a typical action/adventure movie type feel.

[This message has been edited by fig96 (edited 7/18/2014 4:38p).]
R0GUE
AG
Advanced reviews of this are starting to come in, and as expected it looks likes it's going to be a mega-hit. So excited!
Dr. Horrible
I've already agreed to "babysit" my friend's kid on opening weekend... Hmmmmm I wonder what we should do...
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.