Penny Dreadful

7,029 Views | 55 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by aggieactor01
98Ag99Grad
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I was this close to quitting on the show after the back-story episode but after watching the latest I'm back in.
swimmerbabe11
Josh Hartnett is definitely a werewolf. (I just started watching, I'm on the rat fighting episode)

Combine his affinity for the wolves at the zoo and the way they drew the parallels between him and the dog in the ratfight..I can't think he'd be anything else.
Clavell
AG
Overall I thought the first season was good. Will certainly be in for season two. They have a lot of directions they go with all the characters. A darker True Blood, more in line with my childhood memories of horror monsters.
swimmerbabe11
oh yeah, Its way scarier than I thought it would be.

I described it to a friend as the horror story version of Once Upon a Time.
ellebee
Anybody watch? I thought it was good and creepy.
Hogties
AG
Really enjoy the show. Familiar characters with a different twist so you don't know where they are going with the story. I think my fav is Dorian. Really interesting take on the character.
txknight
Last night's episode --I don't know what to think. Pretty hard to come up with any description other than repulsive.
Hogties
AG
I really enjoy the show. One of the few I look forward to. New take on old characters.

Yeah yanking the heart out of an infant was pretty graphic. Not just hinted at. Pretty shocking that's for sure.
ellebee
Bit** is cold...
SeattleAgJr
quote:
Bit** is cold...
so is the baby's body.

too soon?
ellebee
quote:
quote:
Bit** is cold...
so is the baby's body.

too soon?
AggieMarkSA
They're doing a really good job of making Eva Green look strung out as hell. Victorian meth must be a helluva drug
SeattleAgJr
Damn, what a solid episode!!!!!

Enjoying this series so much more than Game of Thrones this season.
ellebee
Yep. Another great episode. So did she get the bloody scorpion out of the book or something? I missed where they discussed it was supposed to be a ward.
SeattleAgJr
quote:
Yep. Another great episode. So did she get the bloody scorpion out of the book or something? I missed where they discussed it was supposed to be a ward.
Just chose it as her sigil after being nicknamed that by Joan Clayton.
ellebee
Got it. Thought i missed something. Thanks!
Hogties
AG
Good show that has a real feel to it. Delivering much more than GoT this season.
ellebee
What did y'all think? I thought it was another great episode, although the butt sechs got awkward watching with my son who all of a sudden ha something else to do. Is the museum guy leading them astray? The witch got to him but yet he's helping them figure it out. I didn't think ethan was jack the ripper at first but I guess he is.
98Ag99Grad
AG
I've really enjoyed this season- minus the anal. Not sure what the point of that story arc is but whatever.
Hogties
AG
I don't know where the story is going and that's a good thing. I don't mind the Dorian angle, He is a hedonist after all.

Clavell
AG
Good, but not great episode. Got a little boring at the Ball until the end of course.
aggieactor01
AG
Started this show about 2 and a half 3 weeks ago and still have a couple of episodes left in Season 2 but I really like it. I just finished the episode with the ball.

I absolutely love the guy playing John Clare. Don't know what it is but he is really fascinating.

Josh Hartnett has been really solid as well...wasn't sure what to make of him being in the show before I started watching and he's quite good.

Eva Green is fantastic. I have no idea what to make of Vanessa Ives. She is so completely different with each and every person she interacts with...still trying to figure her out and Season 2 is almost done.

I have no idea what's going on with the museum guy either. Whose side is he on? He seemed quite worried about Vanessa at the end of the ball but he was just hanging out with Madamme Kail.

And what's going on in the wax museum? The owner there is trying to trap John Clare to make him an exhibit? Definitely interested to see what happens with that story line.

And you know the Doctor and his "cousin" won't end well.

The writing isn't always the greatest, but all in all I find this show quite entertaining and really well done.

Just some random musings as I watched that episode last night. I'll check out the season 2 finale thread when I get there.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.