SIAP: SyFy to show The Expanse

24,718 Views | 192 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by MGS
titanmaster_race
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Avasarala is such a badass
WoMD
titanmaster_race said:

Avasarala is such a badass

About 1/10th the badass she was in the books. It's a shame her character is so watered down in the show, and even bigger shame they couldn't get a better actress. Easily the best character in the books for me, but biggest miss in the show. Bobbie is a close second.
titanmaster_race
Agreed that the book Avasarala is better, but there's only so much of her they could include and still be able to air episodes on SyFy.

Bobbie's character took a huge step forward tonight. Way way better than she's been so far this season.
Sex Panther
AG
I know it's beating a dead horse at this point but Avasarala'a voice is so distractingly grating. I absolutely can't stand it.
israeliag
AG
Well her voice does sound like a dead horse, so....

After the twist with Errinwright I was really looking forward to her dying. It's sad since her character is pretty interesting, but her acting really just makes me lose respect for the character. Same goes with Bobbie. Her spy though (the guy from Spartacus) is carrying that group.

I think I complained before about not feeling like there are enough plot lines, but that's no longer a complaint, especially after Errinwright's actions.
p_bubel
The show doesn't return till 2018?

Argh.
jabberwalkie09
AG
I know.... the wait is going to be rough.

That said, it took the entire damn season for Bobbie to become some interesting and not just a total *****.
redbaron788
AG
Right after I watched the last episode, I read the part with the ship being disassembled over Venus. Then I double checked because it was only halfway through the second book which I finished earlier today. Man it's gonna be fun to watch the rest, I'm so glad I found this show. I hope SyFy can bring in more audience and keep the show going
FincAg
AG
Is there any reports of Expanse coming to Netflix? I Google and only see articles from January. I watched season 1 on Prime and missed it when it was on SyFi.

tia
MGS
It's currently on Netflix outside of the U.S., so I'm guessing they don't have domestic rights and Amazon will be getting season 2 sometime in the future.
p_bubel
israeliag
AG
Looking forward to this coming back. I think I'll wait and binge this season - I feel like last season lost a little something because I watched them weekly.
Duncan Idaho
I enjoy show buthat I honestly think it would have been a much better show with out the proto molecule.

Unless it leads to some big something in the later seasons it just seems unneeded and distracting.
Dro07
AG
This show is centered around the Proto molecule
TSJ
AG
Duncan Idaho said:

Unless it leads to some big something in the later seasons it just seems unneeded and distracting.

I am in book 5 and it hasn't been the forefront for a while. But everything has been affected by the proto molecule.
Saxsoon
AG
Book 6 it is the entirety of the conflict because of what it creates.
Duncan Idaho
From someone that has only watched the series, the interesting part of the show is the cold war between the martians and earth with the belters caught in between.

Following a crew as that cold war goes hot, is a great way to tell that story. I just found the proto mocule to be an unnecessarily over the top mcguffin like device to elevate tensions and envolve the crew of the roci.

Maybe it pays off later. I don't know but right now I am not a fan of the proto molecule as a plot device
TMoney2007
AG
Duncan Idaho said:

From someone that has only watched the series, the interesting part of the show is the cold war between the martians and earth with the belters caught in between.

Following a crew as that cold war goes hot, is a great way to tell that story. I just found the proto mocule to be an unnecessarily over the top mcguffin like device to elevate tensions and envolve the crew of the roci.

Maybe it pays off later. I don't know but right now I am not a fan of the proto molecule as a plot device

It's the thing that turns the cold war hot... The entire saga turns on the effects of the protomolecule's discovery.

I don't know how you can call it unnecessary.
MGS
Duncan Idaho said:

Well, if the show follows the books, let's just say that something pretty big happens with what is going on with Venus.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.