Unbroken

16,564 Views | 118 Replies | Last: 9 yr ago by Noblemen06
diehard14
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Has this been talked about yet?

I am thinking about picking up the book to read, but the movie comes out 12/25/14. That is always my favorite day to go to the theaters with my family.

I would like to hear what some of you movie buffs know.

I ran across this today after finding the book on iBooks. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ebHji2c_ciU

Looks like it has all of the elements of a great story.
jbsj9698
AG
Read it. I just finished it about a month ago. What a great book. It's incredible what this guy went through.
jkag89
quote:
Read it.

+1
H6RBW
AG
Really enjoyed the book. Definitely recommend it.
rbtexan
S
Amazing book, and regardless of how good the movie winds up being, the book will still be better. Read it.
Some Junkie Cosmonaut
AG
book is awesome. you're doing yourself a favor by reading it.
TCTTS
AG
Phenomenal trailer. Projected to be a Best Picture contender next year. Shot by Roger Deakins, one of the greatest cinematographers alive...

[This message has been edited by TCTTS (edited 3/4/2014 4:59p).]
ja86
jbsj9698
AG
That trailer is amazing.
Sex Panther
AG
Directed by Angelina Jolie??

Joan Wilder
AG
Read it.

At one point you'll look up and say "this is the most unbelievable amazing survival story I've ever read" and realize yore only about halfway through the book.
agcraigb
AG
Read the book and heard him speak at a conference here in Houston. Amazing story!
TCTTS
AG
quote:
Directed by Angelina Jolie??

And written by the Coen Brothers. Such a weird mix of people and subject.
jkag89
quote:
Such a weird mix of people and subject.

It is a phenomenal story, I can understand that those with the talent to tell it want to be involved in bringing it to the screen.
AgAllStar91
Die, book is good. It will demonstrate what I've been trying to tell you all along. That you've accomplished nothing in your life. Thus far that is. Still time to change that.
Joan Wilder
AG
That book just made me realize "I don't have real problems"
Aggies76
AG
I can only hope that the movie comes close to the greatness and inspiration of the book.
AgDC
One of my favorite books. I couldn't put it down. Can't wait for the movie.
Frok
AG
That was the best book I read last year.
Kyle98
AG
Just read about this story, pretty incredible. I'll be picking up the book for sure!
Bird Poo
AG
One of the best I ever read.
dave99ag
AG
Amazing book! I was wondering the other day if there was going to be a movie and here you go. Definitely will go see this one.
cakubacak
AG
One of the best books I've read. Such an amazing story, can't wait for this movie.
diehard14
AG
Picked it up yesterday afternoon
Kyle98
AG
Have it on hold at the local library for my Kindle. Hopefully I'll get it next week while I'm travelling for work.
easttexasaggie04
AG
My favorite book
jamesf
AG
It is an awesome story and book. You read it and wonder how anyone could live through all of that...and then the really bad stuff happens. The really amazing part is his redemption at the end and being able to forgive his aggressors. I am really looking forward to the movie.
schmendeler
AG
Great story, should be a great movie. The book itself isn't that amazing as far as the writing goes, though. The greatness comes from his story.
AgDC
That's interesting. I actually really like her writing. Unbroken and Seabiscuit are two of my favourite books. Mainly because she's written two books that I can't put down despite them not being about topics I'm particularly interested in.
schmendeler
AG
i don't think her writing was bad, but it didn't really do anything for me itself. seemed pretty standard for a biography. it wasn't as good as erik larson, imo, for example. that guy takes disparate and varied accounts and weaves a complete story that seems seamless.
EMY92
AG
I've had this book on my Amazon wish list for a while. This morning, I got an email from Amazon with a credit due to the price fixing settlement.

I noticed that the price of Unbroken recently dropped from $9.99 to $6.99.
http://www.amazon.com/Unbroken-World-Survival-Resilience-Redemption-ebook/dp/B003WUYPPG/ref=sr_1_1?s=digital-text&ie=UTF8&qid=1395881822&sr=1-1&keywords=unbroken+by+laura+hillenbrand
Rudyjax
AG
Great book. That was one sadistic jap.
marble rye
AG
One of the greatest reads I've read. I still have thoughts of that poor duck randomly every now and again.
oragator
***spoilers***

Did anyone see the cbs interview did with the bird as part of the story about when Louie went back to Nagano in 1998? It's online if anyone is interested, really good piece.
agzonfine
AG
Loved the book! I thought it was just about a WWII pilot getting shot down and surviving on a raft when I bought it. Then, I'm reading and 1/3 way through the book they find land and I'm like...wtf happens now?!?
Last Page
Page 1 of 4

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.