JURASSIC PARK IV story details...

172,627 Views | 1119 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by TCTTS
TCTTS
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
This actually sounds like a pretty cool concept, from JoBlo...

quote:
JURASSIC PARK 4, set in present day Isla Nublar, is now an actual theme park, as originally intended by John Hammond in the first film. It garners 10 million visitors per year and is completely safe - until it's not. The park itself is described as very Sea World-esque and includes an area called the Isla Nublar Lagoon. That means underwater dino's for the first time. No indication of what kind, but there's concept art showing one of the aquatic dino's, as part of a show, jumping out of the lagoon and eating a strung up great white shark like it was a fish for a dolphin at sea world.

As part of a show, you ask? That's right, folks, this will feature "tamed" dino's. In fact, our source indicated that the usually menacing Velociraptors (which will finally be muzzled, along with the T-Rex - until they're not) will actually be used to help fight the threat, which begins in the form of a new dinosaur, not seen in any of the previous films (and not disclosed to us) shows to be much smarter than originally thought and is the main cause of havoc breaking out at the park.

So, to sum it all up, JURASSIC PARK 4 will take place back on Isla Nublar with a fully operational dinosaur theme park (I'm sure no expense was spared) that's both prosperous and safe, until a new dinosaur figures out a way to wreak havoc, causing the use of the now tamed Velociraptors (and T-Rex? Unclear) as a means to fighting the threat.

http://www.joblo.com/movie-news/exclusive-spoilers-awesome-details-on-the-story-and-concept-for-jurassic-park-iv

Basically, it's the first movie again, except this time the park is open, and there are a hell of a lot more people in peril. Count me in.

Rick Jaffa and Amanda Silver (Rise of the Planet of the Apes) wrote the initial script, while director Colin Trevorrow and Spielberg himself currently take it across the finish line, for either a late 2013 or early 2014 production start.

Jurassic Park IV (which may also simply be called "Jurassic Park" again) hits theaters summer 2015.

[This message has been edited by TCTTS (edited 6/21/2013 1:18p).]
TCTTS
AG
And for those who haven't clicked on the Independence Day 2 thread, here's the current (insane) line-up for summer 2015...

05.01.15 - The Avengers 2
06.19.15 - Assassin's Creed
06.19.15 - Inside Out (Pixar)
07.03.15 - Independence Day 2 (aka ID Forever Part 1)
07.10.15 - Pirates of the Caribbean 5

TBA:
- Jurassic Park IV
- Man of Steel 2
- Star Wars Episode VII
Saxsoon
AG
Awesome

Also can't wait for assassin creed
jeffk
AG
Dinosaucers or GTFO.
MSFC Aggie
AG
Sounds too much like Godzilla vs Mothra.

When's Sharknado coming out?
BBQ4Me
AG
So, this is essentially a reboot?

The 1st movie was great and didn't need to be redone.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
Isn't that the plot of Jaws 3? Sea-world type park, big bad monster attacks, humans used intelligent animals (dolphins) to help kill it?

And if so, there sure as hell be some LOUIS GOSSETT JR in there to tell me that it's just a DAMN FISH.

[This message has been edited by MuckRaker96 (edited 6/21/2013 2:01p).]
Daveintx
While the first movie was great, a complete reboot that follows the book more closely would not be a bad thing at all (including in particular the river chase and the gated resort)
Daveintx
THIS on the other hand.... I just dunno... the thought they they would ever allow the part itsself to open is so full of questions on it's own considering A) the foreign govt wanted no part of the parks to begin with B) what company would dare insure such a park at this point and C) at the end of the second weren't the animals listed as untouchable pretty much, being protected as more of a preserve?
Al Bula
AG
You're talkin' about some damn raptor's mother?
Carlo4
AG
I sorta played this movie as a kid with these toys....

FarmerJohn
AG
Whoa. Tamed T-Rex? If someone in the movie is riding a T-Rex, I'm in. How much more awesome could that get!?
quote:
And if so, there sure as hell be some LOUIS GOSSETT JR in there to tell me that it's just a DAMN FISH.

Wait.....LOUIS GOSSETT JR RIDING A TAMED T-REX! The answer is none. None more awesome.

-Google check, Louis Gossett Jr. is still alive. I think he'll be 80 when the movie comes out. It would be like a bad ass version of Betty White.
HeadGames
AG
This is old, but still mandatory, maybe he got his **** together for this movie.

TheEyeGuy
Sponsor
AG
Me thinks having Chuck Norris be the game warden /dino trainer would be the only realistic option. I mean who else would be able to tame a trex?
TheEyeGuy
Sponsor
AG
By the way, my thoughts are they should all be destroyed
TCTTS
AG
Just FYI...

The Film Stage ‏@TheFilmStage
FWIW, a source says that Jurassic Park 4 info floating around today is from an old script and doesn't include Trevorrow's major revisions.

So, basic premise is likely the same, but Trevorrow may be putting more of his own spin it.
HaveGoodGetGive
AG
quote:
Wait.....LOUIS GOSSETT JR RIDING A TAMED T-REX! The answer is none. None more awesome.

Unless you replace Louis Gossett Jr. with SLJ with an afro, an eyepatch, and a lightsaber all at the same time.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
let's get that kate upton video over here and replace the horse with a t-rex!
jeffk
AG
Hold on to your butts.
BillOnCapitolHill
So who runs the park InGen? Who owns that? The grandson? What about Dodson? Maybe a buyout of InGen?
FarmerJohn
AG
SLJ had a hard enough time on a commercial airliner with cold blood reptiles. Plus, how did he handle something like a shark? It ate him. Louis Gossett Jr. rode an Iron Eagle. Crap, he might just pass on the T-Rex as it isn't exciting enough.
LeFraud
quote:
Plus, how did he handle something like a shark? It ate him.

I was definitely thinking deep blue sea when reading the synopsis for jp4.
SterlingMalloryArcher
quote:
SLJ had a hard enough time on a commercial airliner with cold blood reptiles. Plus, how did he handle something like a shark? It ate him. Louis Gossett Jr. rode an Iron Eagle. Crap, he might just pass on the T-Rex as it isn't exciting enough.

SLJ already mother****ing died in the first mother****ing movie. OR ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT ZOMBIE SLJ RIDING A TREX?

[This message has been edited by SterlingMalloryArcher (edited 6/21/2013 7:19p).]
BBQ4Me
AG
TCTTS - can you clarify if this is a reboot or is supposed to follow JP3?
Jeffersons Ghost
Gradin
AG
sounds interesting. Jaws 3 meets Jurassic Park.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
Sam Jackson has done countless interviews where he says he could have perfectly well survived the raptor attack and appeared in any future JP movie with a prosthetic arm.
GiveEmHellBill
AG

Tamed T-Rex?

Futurama did it.
BillOnCapitolHill
Palms up when feeding the T-Rex
Thunder18
AG
Honestly just ready to see dinos wreckin shop on humans again
MSCAg
AG
Are they actually going to make velocraptors the correct size?
Say Chowdah
AG
quote:
Sam Jackson has done countless interviews where he says he could have perfectly well survived the raptor attack and appeared in any future JP movie with a prosthetic arm.

It would be robotic! But it is true that they never actually showed Dr. Arnold die.
Heisenberg
"Are they actually going to make velocraptors the correct size?"

were they too big or small?
SterlingMalloryArcher
Much too big
sharkenleo
More like a six foot turkey

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.