Have you ever met any rude celebrities?

136,849 Views | 264 Replies | Last: 11 yr ago by eric76
Sex Panther
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I've heard Tommy Lee Jones is a huge *******.
DustysLineup
AG
quote:
I worked on a movie called Auntie Lee's Meat Pies with Pat Morita (first Karate Kid) and Karen Black (Airport '77

Wow, what an obscure reference.

aggiepaintrain
AG

Robert Trent Jones Jr. (played a hole with him, cool guy)

Met Eric Dickerson, major d-bag.

313-7-12thMan
We hired Chris LeDoux for an event in 1992. This was right at the same time that he was opening some shows for Garth Brooks and their duet was running up the charts. Super cool guy that enjoyed working our smaller venue when at the time he could have his pick of gigs. Saw him a couple months later at Billy Bobs and he recognized us. Sent his publicist to get us backstage for the after party. Met Ray Benson and Asleep at the Wheel that night too. Very cool guys to have a beer with.
MW03
AG
Back in 1999, we were hanging out at Edgefest in Dallas. This was the summer after Enema of the State had come out, but I had been on Blink 182 ever since seeing them on the Warped Tour with Beck and 311. Dude Ranch played well with us, so we were aware of Blink 182, but they weren't superstars at this point.

Anyway, we're hanging out watching the Stabbing Westward set, and I spent most to the time talking with Mark Hoppus of Blink 182 fame. He was a very cool dude and we talked for probably 10 minutes.

Fast forward to that summer, and we were back at the Warped Tour. Blink 182 was on the tour again, but we were there mainly to see Less Than Jake, Eminem, Pennywise, etc. We were watching Zebrahead play at this small stage, and Hoppus was on the side stage checking out the show as well. After the set was over, Hoppus called me out by name, and pulled our group back stage. We shook hands and he gave us a bunch of water and basically that was it. Anyway, very cool dude.

Some time later that summer the video for "What's My Name Again" hit off the Enema of the State album and Blink 182 blew up.

kinto
Other than generic autograph signings or Aggie players before they went pro (with some exceptions) here are my experiences:

Gen Colin Powell - met at A&M. Unfortunately, the person in front of me went on a rant about him needing to fix college football because Penn State had didn't get the chance to play for the national championship. Security even took a few steps in towards us because she was nuts. It was like a kick in the gut to me and I froze because I didn't know how to follow it. About five minutes later I came up with a lot of funny lines to follow that up with, but of course it was too late. Anyway, he was very polite to her and nice to everyone around. He talked to some people for quite a while.

Phil Rizzuto - I was a little kid at the old Arlington stadium and my dad noticed him even though no one else did. He was going to the announcers booth and his assistant was telling us no. Rizzuto pointed at me and said come here and bring the baseballs (my brother and I each had one). I was getting in an elevator with two guys I didn't know in a big city - scary for a little kid from a tiny town. Anyway, he talked to me for the ride up and signed the balls. Then sent me back down in the elevator to my dad and brother.

Robert Earl Keen & Lyle Lovett - met after they played at Marooned Records. Everyone was able to have real conversations with each guy. Both were great and Lovett was beyond friendly.

Keith Woodside - Leaving the field after a game, all the kids huddled around the tunnel and players would throw up towels, wrist bands etc. He threw his towel to me, but a big kid ripped it out of my hands. What none of us knew was that Keith (we're on a first name basis, trust me) never let go of the towel. He pulled it back from the big kid, glared at him and put it back up over the tunnel. No one was going to touch that towel after seeing his face. Players get a fan for life when they do something like that for a little kid.

Kurt Thomas - my wife was getting her pre-wedding mani/pedi and he walked in. She of course didn't know him, but others told her who he was. She was scared to do so (I think because he's almost two feet taller than her), but asked him for an autograph as a wedding gift for me and he was really nice about it.

Brek Shea - its too early to take my kids for autographs and for them to care, but Brek is one of the few athletes they know. They love him and Dirk (maybe its the hair). Went to a store opening and Brek was obviously not used to doing this and felt awkward, but he was doing his best. I'm sure it's weird at 21 to have people coming to a store to see you. When we got to the section of the line that was parallel with his table, I saw him look in my general direction and wave a cute wave. I was confused until I looked down and realized my son was waving to him like that. My son loved that Brek waived back to him. After my kids got to meet him, we waited on my brother and his kids and the line vanished. My kids ran back up to the empty table with soccer balls I was buying them and he asked "do you want another one?" (the sign said one autograph only), so I caught up to them, apologized and started to pull them back and he started laughing and said he'd be glad to sign more and he talked to them for a while. He bought some stuff and on the way out said bye and gave my kids a high five in the parking lot.

Bill Doran - Doran wouldn't agree to what the card show was charging for autographs, so he sat out in the hallway of the hotel and signed for free. Also listened to my dad talk his ear off and had a smile the whole time.

Ron Springs - one of the funniest guys I've met. I wish had a personality like Ron had. It's really ashame he died so young. He was great to my wife too who was one of his physical therapists.

Eddie DeBartalo, Jr - wrote a letter to my manager because I took care of some issues he had with our company and was really complementary. Obviously, this helped get me noticed.

Oak Ridge Boys - was at a concert in Branson (pausing for those of you falling out of your chairs laughing at me) before school let out for summer (which we learned is a big vacation time for old people) with my family. I went down to get their autographs at intermission because I loved them as a kid and what else was I going to do. All were very friendly. I made a comment to one of them saying that I had to be the youngest person in the building and he laughed back that he was mad when he saw me because until that point, he thought he was the youngest. One of the others joined us and the three of us sat and talked until they started playing again.

Karl Mecklenburg - stayed late after practice in Greeley, CO (training camp) and signed for every kid there even though he was worn out from practice. Had a great attitude.

Jack Clark - A big crowd was waiting on Yankees walking over to Arlington Stadium and he was signing autographs until someone marked on his incredibly expensive suit with a pen. He lifted his hands up in the air and said something about needing to go in a voice that really meant, I moved my hands up so I don't pummel everyone one of you - move out of my way. Can't really blame him.

Roy Williams & Kelly Roland - incredibly nice at a Salvation Army event. She's much prettier in person than on tv.

Rickey Henderson - as virtually everyone says - he's a jerk

John Elway - also a jerk. At the same practice I met Mecklenburg, while everyone walked from the football facility to the dorms on campus, Elway tried to run out the back way and jump in a golf cart that had a driver. I can understand not wanting to have to sign autographs everyday, but its the attitude he always had. He was even encouraging his driver to keep driving even though kids were in the way. He was mad the guy stopped and didn't run us over (not joking).
Corporal Punishment
AG
I met Jesse Owens at a track meet in Dallas when I was a young boy. Seemed like a nice guy. He died soon after.
RyanAg08
AG
They filmed one of the last episodes of The Good Guys one street over from my wife's old house in Lakewood and the actors' trailer was set up right in front of her house. We got a chance to meet Bradley Whitford and Colin Hanks. Both guys were very nice and Bradley even stayed to talk a while.
TheEyeGuy
Sponsor
AG
Nolan Ryan showed up at a shooting competition I was in as a kid. Since I was the current state champion, they had him come meet me. Of course, I was star struck because it was freaking Nolan Ryan but he was genuinely interested in how much I practiced and such.

On a more intimate note, I met Charlton Heston twice. He showed up at a national NRA level shooting competition that I was in and was very nice and friendly. A couple years later, I met him again at an Friends of the NRA convention and he actually remembered me.

Both encounters meant a lot to me as a young man.
One Louder
AG
Nicest: Willie Nelson. He was filming a video in town recently and greeted every single person that showed up to get a photo or autograph.

Most outgoing: GHWBush. He saw me at Reagan Airport and I happened to be wearing a souvenir sweatshirt from his presidential library and he called me out as soon as he saw it. Very nice man.

Rudest: Ed Harris. Complete ****.
maroon15
AG
@TCTTS

Could you email me? I have questions about LA & the entertainment business.

nepatriot87 AT gmail dot com
Pahdz
Anquan Bolden - met him at Hooters in Ahwatukee, AZ one night. I had lived in PHX 2 days and we were both in there solo. He was at the table next to me and I just introduced myself and told him I enjoyed watching him at FSU

Wayne Coyne - before my wife and I moved to OKC we had no idea who he was (I had heard of the Lips but not really a fan). We met him at an event my wife's work was in charge of, one of the most impressive celebs I've met. Stuck around FOREVER talking to and taking pictures with everyone who was there. A little weird, but a good guy.

dangrimm98
AG
From time to time, due to my old job and what have you I meet a few random people...most of them have been cool.

Had a beer with Blake Shelton a long time ago, cool guy. Had a talk with Patrick Swayze a couple months before he passed, real nice guy. Got Drunk with Big & Rich, John Rich was kind of an ass but Kenny was cool.
Probably weirdest was a gig I was on, waiting for a Tina Turner concert backstage, long story short, shot the sheet with Oprah while Tom Cruise was on her arm smiling like he rode the short bus. She was nice, but I think she was just excited to be seeing Tina.
MaroonStain
AG
In Austin...since last fall, I've met, talked to or been closely stared at by them.

- Jeff Bridges at Scholtz before a tu game. I was eating a hamburger like a rabid junkyard dog. He was in full longwhorn regalia and had The Dude look going. Some girl was talking to him but all he was doing was watching me scarf down my burger.

- Luke Wilson and his friends sat at my table at Shoal Creek after a Saints game. We chatted - Saints lost to Rams - they were watching the next game.

- Christian Bale at ACL. I was at the Fitz and the Tantrums. Turned my back to the stage, saw him and walked thru the crowd to him. I was like "Dude, you look like Christian Bale." (Me and my buddy were halfway into a half-gallon of vodka) He replies "I don't look like Christian Bale, mate." We laughed and I went back to my group.

- At Lil Woodrows, with some girl friends who were with some Cali girls, I meet the Cali girls then the last chick introduced herself as 'Charlotte from Chicago'. It's Anne Hathaway. I just smart ass grin her and go back to other conversation.

[This message has been edited by MaroonStain (edited 5/19/2012 8:43a).]
MooreTrucker
AG
quote:
Tom Cruise was on her arm smiling like he rode the short bus.
MooreTrucker
AG
quote:
- At Lil Woodrows, with some girl friends who were with some Cali girls, I meet the Cali girls then the last chick introduced herself as 'Charlotte from Chicago'. It's Anne Hathaway. I just smart ass grin her and go back to other conversation.

You met Anne Hathaway, and you just grinned and ignored her?!?!?!?
Know Your Enemy
AG
quote:
Wayne Coyne - before my wife and I moved to OKC we had no idea who he was (I had heard of the Lips but not really a fan). We met him at an event my wife's work was in charge of, one of the most impressive celebs I've met. Stuck around FOREVER talking to and taking pictures with everyone who was there. A little weird, but a good guy.

Wayne is a LOT weird, but very cool.
duck79
AG
I played golf with Ed Werder and it was hilarious to hear him bash Jerry Jones.

I also used to work at a team that Darrel Green had partial ownership in. One day my extension rings and he is on the other line complaining about some finances and employees. I finally stopped him and told him that I thought he had the wrong person. Turns out his business partner or something had the same first name as me and he called the wrong person.

I drank champagne with David Robinson after the 03 championship and I have nothing but the greatest respect for him.
dcAg
I dont know how I forgot about this one. 100% true.

I was in Atlantic City in about 1989 or in 1990 for a bachelor party. It was 3:00 - 4:00 am. We get an the elevator in the Sands hotel and are riding up to our room. The vator stops, door opens and Jay Leno gets on.

Immediately we start to hassle him. I ask him if he is on coke because his eyes are blazing red and he is a bit disheveled. He says, "No I'm not on coke, thats ridiculous."

My buddy Spud starts actually pushing him saying, "Its Jay F***ing Leno. Its Jay F***ing Leno. What the he!! are you doing on our elevator?" Literally starts to shove Jay Leno shoving him to the back of the elevator.

I of course say, "Jay, you have some ketchup on your shirt or something that looks like blood." He looks down, I bop him in the face.

He reaches over, hits an elevator button and gets off on the next floor. 5 seconds later the emergency phone in the elevator rings, we answer. It is hotel security telling us to leave Mr. Leno alone.
runontexas
AG
Paul Rodriguez from Born In East LA is a snobby *****

Ryan Hall is legendary
eric76
AG
quote:
George Foreman - Ran into him at IAH and he was by himself. We almost bumped into each other. I realized who he was and said, "How are you doing Champ?" He said, "Every day is a great day! How are you?" Smile across his face the whole time.
I saw him at Houston Hobby once chatting casually with what appeared to be some fans.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.