Have you ever met any rude celebrities?

137,404 Views | 264 Replies | Last: 11 yr ago by eric76
Tristan Ludlow
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
quote:
How many times did he miss his mouth with his beer?

Ha. Not sure. I was trying to figure out what the graphics on his t-shirt were the whole time.
Big Al 1992
AG
Lenny Kravitz at customs in Belgium - he was a little too laid back - and having an issue getting through customs - have no idea why.

Kiefer Sutherland - pre 24, during Three Musketeers - super nice, had nice things to say about A&M!

Tommy Shaw (Styx) - in Vegas after the Beatles Love show - he and Jack Blades (Night Ranger) were doing an acoustic set after the show. Could not have been nicer to me and my wife. Asked about our kids. Invited us to the show and gave me a guitar pick.

Geddy Lee and Alex Lifeson - Geddy was very softspoken and didn't say much, Alex was very personable and funny.

Chyna (from Disney Channel, not the wrestler dude) was super nice to us

Roger Clemens - at a friends BBQ - he was very generous with pics and autographs, even suggesting to use a silver paint pen on his jersey cause it showed up better.

Jeff Bagwell - cool and laid back, very nice

Craig Biggio - at a U2 concert, couldn't have been nicer and more down to earth

Edge and Adam Clayton - very nice and personable

Jim Brown - he is an angry man, not nice at all.

Rickey Henderson - my childhood idol and favorite baseball player until I met him - major league d bag

[This message has been edited by Big Al 1992 (edited 4/25/2012 10:29p).]
Aries
Met Major Applewhite at a wedding, his parents & some people we knew were good friends in college, he was really nice & funny. The chick he was with (now wife I believe) was super hot.

Walked by Franco Harris at the Pittsburgh airport in November. Didn't say anything to him but "holy **** that's Franco Harris!" as I walked by. He seemed he wanted to be left alone. It was funny seeing all of the guys walk by him while he was on his phone & just stopping in their foot steps, jaw hit the floor & they say "That's Franco Harris!" all of their wives just looked confused.

Met GW when he was governor. He was the best speaker I had ever heard. I was a teenager & all of the teenage girls that heard him speak & met him left with a crush.
AggieChemist
AG
Franco Harris is bigger than Jesus in Pittsburgh, dude.
Rudyjax
AG
I think you just saw the statue.
512Ag
AG
I don't have any personal stories of note, but my mother-in-law deals with musicians on a regular basis. She has said on multiple occasions that Lucinda Williams and Jerry Jeff Walker are major *******s. She adores Hayes Carll.

Also, a friend of mine who used to be a golf cart monkey at Bentwater, where Roger Clemens is (or was) a member, said Clemens rarely tipped, and when he did he would give 8x10 photos of himself instead of cash. I don't know if that makes him a jerk, but my buddy was never impressed--particularly after he had a couple copies of Roger photos (unsigned).
Quincey P. Morris
AG
Good to hear that about Hayes. Pretty much my favorite artist right now and he seems like a good guy from seeing him at shows but you never really know.

I'll say that Creager and his dad are pretty solid guys. Know just about everything about every Texas town it seems like.
Tristan Ludlow
AG
I can second Hayes Carll. Met him several times. Great dude.
t1130
AG
Played golf with Bruce McGill at a charity event. He didn't seem to happy that he had a woman in his foursome until I drilled a 320 yard drive from the ladies tee on a short par 4 that had us putting for an eagle. He was very friendly after that.
AGSPORTSFAN07
AG
quote:
Chyna (from Disney Channel, not the wrestler dude) was super nice to us

She/he would beat you senseless. Brittany Griner would promptly eat the remains.
aggiepaintrain
AG
Marshall Faulk, *****.
Kate Beckett
AG
Have met Carrie Underwood twice. Super sweet girl. She's shy at first, but once you start talking to her she's super cool. Acts like she is genuinely interested in what you have to say and if you talk to her about sports we could be there all day long.

Also met Lady Antebellum, The Band Perry, and Colbie Caillat. All super nice.

As for sports people, met a few Nashville Predators players and all of the Stars players from this year. Super nice guys and love the fans.

Haven't really had any bad experiences. Lauren Alaina from Idol, but that wasn't that major.
superunknown
AG
rc slocum was in front of me at that bagel place in culpepper plaza back in the day. Took forever to decide what to get, like he was staring down yet another 3rd and long and he couldn't decide whether to call a screen pass to the right or left. I said "dude. Hurry up." and he slowly turned and stard at me, with that famous RC confused stare, and then turned back to order after what seemed like an eternity.

also sawDave South scratching off a string of lotto tix @ the texaco at welsh & sw pkway. He was wearing a&m sweatpants and I was high as 6 kites.
agmatt06
AG
FWIW, I was pretty good friends with Kari Peniche in High school.

She was Miss Teen America for a bit, and in a sex tape.
4L Aggie
AG
Met some celebrities (athletes)......

Emmitt Smith - had a long conversation with him about 2 years ago & not the jerk a bunch of people make him out to be.

Mia Hamm - I guess it was "Before they were Stars" but were on the same soccer team and 5th grade class. Goofy sense of humor and fun to be around at the time.

Bill Bates - overall seemed like a good genuine guy

Terry Bradshaw - met him on a plane about 20 years ago and got his autograph. Funny guy when he talked, but kept to himself mostly (probably as do most when they are traveling).
ssockari94
Two strikes against Marshall Faulk now...

quote:
FWIW, I was pretty good friends with Kari Peniche in High school

Her wikipedia page is entertaining.
Jacques
Met Tony Dungy at an airport. Super nice guy.

Met Pat Sajak at an airport. *******.

Used to see Felicity Huffman and William H. Macy hiking time from time on a trail I used to do. Never stopped to talk to them, because it's not the place, but they were always very friendly.

I also used to see Linda Hunt (the principal from Kindergarten Cop) hiking with her dogs a lot. She's also nice.

A guy I work with runs into Jennifer Love Hewitt all the time and says she's very friendly. Very chatty.
Morpholino
AG
Went to the USA Science and Engineering Festival yesterday here in at the Convention Center in DC and saw Daniela Ruah and Eric Christian Olsen from NCIS LA.

I didn't get to talk to them directly, but they answered questions from fans in the crowd.

Although Daniela is easy on the eyes, she's kind of a b*tch. There were quite a few kids at the festival, obviously, so when the overhead intercom buzzed about a child's whereabouts, Daniela would laugh and say, "geez people, keep an eye on your kids". I laughed.
Clavell
AG
Had lunch with Robert Duvall in Buenos Aires about five years ago.

Ok, he was a couple of tables over and we didn't talk to him, but he might have been a jerk.

Well...probably not.

[This message has been edited by Clavell (edited 4/29/2012 4:13p).]
aggieabby06
I met Avery Johnson at a Cracker Barrel in San Antonio when I was little and he was playing for the Spurs. He was very nice to us two little girls. I remember he spit when he talked and he autographed our meal receipts. Really nice.

I met David Robinson at a wedding in 2003. It was such a shock to see him cause well, he's really tall, obviously, but he was very nice as well.

Met Nolan Ryan in the middle of nowhere on a ranch in the panhandle a few years ago when I was interning in the area and he was picking horses. I was star struck, but he was pleasant, interested in what I was doing with my life and shot the breeze with the family I was with for quite a while. I sure wished i had gotten up the nerve to get a photo with him, but it would have made things awkward. I should have just done it!
Old Main
AG
Great thread...I'm not sure I would consider Dave South a celebrity!

I worked in Hollywood behind the scenes (production asst, location scout) from 1989 to 1991 and met quite a few celebrities.

- I worked for Paul Rubens (Pee Wee Herman) at his Paramount Studios office. It was a very strange experience. Three or four times a week I had to go over the hills to Studio City and get him a 3-bean salad from a certain restaurant. One time I came back with a 2-bean salad and he fired me. I had to go to his house several times to run errands while he was out. He lived in a small house in the Hollywood hills, but he owned the entire hill - it must have been worth a fortune. In his living room he had a huge collection of action figures behind glass...really weird in a living room display. When I walked in the office he never said hi to me in the office then would call me in my office two seconds later to give me orders. When I answered the phone it would often be someone like Barbara Streisand or Liz Taylor. He was friends with those types of women.

- I worked for Danny Arnold who was the producer for Barney Miller, That Girl and Bewitched. This guy sued a company over royalties and was awarded hundreds of millions of dollars. I used to xerox his royalty checks every day and it was ridiculous. He bought thoroughbred horses like we buy hamburgers. He used to go out with his limo driver and hand out 100 bills to bums and w*h*o*r*e*s on the street.

- I sat next to Tom Cruise during one of the Addams Family movies. He was laughing loud and tossing popcorn into the air as he was eating it. The guys I worked with on set said Tom Cruise is one of the nicest guys you will ever meet. He often eats with the guys who drive the trucks instead of in his trailer.

- I worked on a movie called Auntie Lee's Meat Pies with Pat Morita (first Karate Kid) and Karen Black (Airport '77 if I remember correctly). They were both nice, but Morita was a bit of a creeper with the young ladies. This movie was crazy to work on. There were all of these "actresses" from the Playboy modeling company and they were always coked up and out of it. You would walk off the set and come back and one of them would be walking around completely naked for no reason.

- I worked on PsychoCop with Bobby Ray Shafer. He works in television a lot and is most famous for being the plumber on The Office.

- In my first cougar experience (Before they called them cougars...I was 23 or 24) I dated a woman who was famous for being on some commercial about soap. She was in her late 30s and still hot. I remember watching her in the commercials when I was a little kid.

- I dated Bess Armstrong's babysitter. Bess was in Married People at the time and later she was the mother in My So Called Life. I met her at her house a few times and I think she didn't appreciate me being there with her babysitter.

- I used to see quite a few celebrities at the studios. I remember seeing guys like Ted Danson and Danny Devito on a regular basis.

- I should have kept a journal of everyone I met back then. In LA you see so many famous people you sort of take it for granted. We used to hang out on the Sunset Strip. There is no telling who we might have been talking to back then and not have even known it.

[This message has been edited by Old Main (edited 4/29/2012 7:45p).]
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
sat next to James Carville in first class on a flight from Houston to Vegas. he was very cool the whole way but then seemed to balk a bit at taking a photo with me but was ok. (photo came out blurry)

saw Gina Davis at Home Depot in LA back in 98. walked up to her and asked her for her autograph and she asked me to leave her alone because she was with her family (which were nowhere in sight).

met Bill Cosby at the Houston Galleria back in 86 coming out of Tiffany. was VERY COOL. asked me how old i was and what i wanted to be when i grew up and didn't seem like he was in any kinda hurry to end the conversation with my family.

met Howard Dean during an 08 political event. VERY VERY cool and down to earth. talked to me like i was some old friend from back in the day.

met Faith Hill at that same event. she was not that talkative but she wasn't mean or anything. it was at a party and she spent most of the evening on the couch playing with her phone. i went up to her and started talking to her and she was pleasant.

met Kimberly Williams and Brad Paisley at that same event as well. he was very cool, but she was very quiet and didn't have much to say.

met Jerry Jones at Cowboys training when it was in Austin. he was very friendly and loved attention from the fans.

met Anne Richards when she was Governor. very cool lady who also had quite a few jokes in her arsenal of story-telling.

met Pete Rose at an autograph signing at Field of Dreams 2 yrs ago and he wanted nothing to do with the fans talking to him. he was just a "get your autograph and move on..dont talk to me" kinda guy.

also met Dick Butkus at Field of Dreams signing and he was kind of a jerk too.
runontexas
AG
Nice Rich Folk:
Jerry Jones
Ryan Hall
Tony Bennett
Mark Cuban

DBag:
Paul Rodriguez
Jacques
quote:
In LA you see so many famous people you sort of take it for granted.

Yeah, I actually didn't list a lot of folks that I see all the time at the CVS in Brentwood. Kate Beckinsale, Catherine O'Hara, Ted Danson, the mom from Home Improvement, a few others. It's not the sort of place to be friendly or not. Everyone seems to respect their space.

quote:
I met David Robinson at a wedding in 2003. It was such a shock to see him cause well, he's really tall, obviously, but he was very nice as well.

Until you said this, I had totally forgotten I was at the Rec on the UT campus when the Spurs came in to work out one time. Not only was he tall, he was surprisingly thin. On TV he looks cut, but in person he looks thin.

I was actually kind of shocked that the Spurs didn't seem to have any better weight program organized for the team. Vinny del Negro asked me what my workout was, and I showed him.

[This message has been edited by Jacques (edited 4/30/2012 2:23a).]
mandevilleag
quote:
- In my first cougar experience (Before they called them cougars...I was 23 or 24) I dated a woman who was famous for being on some commercial about soap. She was in her late 30s and still hot. I remember watching her in the commercials when I was a little kid.

Marilyn Chambers?
AggieRAGE
AG
I'm heading to Vegas this weekend and itShould be a big weekend with the boxing fight & cinco de Mayo. I hope to report back with some stories for this thread.
The Big12Ag
I sat next to Ron Jeremy on an Austin - LAX flight, shook his hand and had a nice conversation. A slob, but friendly enough. When shaking his hand I had a reverse Dead Zone moment where I was jolted and saw everywhere that hand had been.

My friend got a picture with Ice Cube at an airport, he opened that request with "Excuse me, Mr. Cube...", that cracks me up.
HoustonAg05
AG
In absolutely no particular order.

Bush 43 - In Oval Office, was very genuine.
Dennis Hastert - (then Speaker) "Goofy Grandpa"
Tom Daschle - Certified A-hole
Yogi Berra - Completely what you expect
Hillary Clinton - Doesn't even try to hide that she is being fake
Tommy Franks - Hillarious. Hates the French.
George Tenet - Very Geniune. Dude obviously had some awesome stories.
Brian Urlacher - Not the sharpest knife, but nice guy.
Tommy Lee - Stoned out of his mind, but still cool.

And continuing the theme from Ice Cube, a friend of mine definitely smoked out with Snoop Dogg in Amsterdam.
bthotugigem05
AG
I met 41 at his library once (not at an event, he was just walking through the lobby). Asked him what he was in town for, and he said General Franks had stopped by for a visit and pointed outside where General Tommy Franks was taking a nap on a random park bench.
Old Main
AG
It wasn't Marilyn Chambers. I think it was the lady in an Irish Spring commercial.

Aggie Apple
AG
Way back in the day when I was about 8 years old, the Oilers had spring training in San Angelo. I tried to get Warren Moon's autograph, but a bunch of reporters started crowding me out and began interviewing him. He immediately stopped them and signed my football. Always thought that was cool.
bevokilla
AG
Tommy Lee Jones came to the Randalls in League City after the premier of Space Cowboys and was a complete dick to his wife in the store.
aggieann
AG
My husband is a wedding photographer and once was shooting an engagement portrait near the Bush Library. A black SUV drives up, parks, and out jumps Barbara Bush with a camera. She asked the couple if she could take a photo of them. She took a photo, then jumped back in the SUV and sped off.
Redstone
AG
ttt in case anyone missed my Kevin Costner story.
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
quote:
Tommy Lee Jones came to the Randalls in League City after the premier of Space Cowboys and was a complete dick to his wife in the store.

he is a notorious a-hole to fans according to many stories told over the years by people.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.