Have you ever met any rude celebrities?

137,670 Views | 264 Replies | Last: 11 yr ago by eric76
RAT90
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Met Grizzly Adams, Kristine Haje, and Peter Weller at a Republican fundraiser. Grizz was really jolly, Kris was really hot, and Peter was a d-bag, introducing himself as Peter Weller, Robo-Cop.

Bob Rolle is a really quirky, but cool dude. One of the few people I know that wears leather pants.

Either Terry Bollea was always in Hollywood Hogan mode or he is just a jerk. Rick Flair, on the other hand, is a really nice and cool guy. He had conversations with most of the back-stage folk and even brought us dinner plates from their buffet. Brain Adams has the best manners for a wrestler. He was very soft-spoken backstage and very polite. Scott Steiner was the opposite.

Shannon Sharpe nevers shuts up, but is cool. Bill Romanowski is not a nice person. He once threw a 65-lb dumbbell across the free-weight area because he did not like what his coach was saying. I think he was on the 'roids at the time.

I have had Detron Smith, Kevin Martin, Vincent Brisby, Lamar Smith, Case Keenum, and a few others as students. All great folk.

My fish buds and I were on our way to Reed for an intramural game and as we were cutting through the MSC lot Huey Lewis exited his tour bus. He talked with us for a little bit and then we did the Band Hump-It for him. I was quite embarrassed we did that but he humored us.

A couple of friends and I went to dinner after a TCU baseball game. Nolan Ryan and his son came in a little later. One of my friends says he is going to buy Nolan's dinner and sure enough he did. We intentionally waited until they were done. After the waitress told him my buddy paid for his dinner he came over to thank us, signed the receipt, and talked with us for a bit.
Dr. Ag 2015
AG
Met Ray Childress at the Cotton Bowl while tailgating, last year. I was with a group of about 8 dudes who had no idea who he was so I decided to play a prank on them and Ray. I told them that he was an ex A&M quarterback who went on to play a little in the NFL. "Bucky" I said I thought his name was.

So they all walked over to him, and one of my dumber friends was the first to say something. He stuck out his hand and said, "Bucky, right?". Ray looked a little taken aback but said with a smile and a laugh "No it's actually Ray Childress, Bucky is in the RV."

Without even processing what he had just heard my friend launched into his next question "I used to play quarterback in high school, so from one QB to another, what do you think of what's happened with Jerrod this year?" At this point I was uncontrollably laughing at the back of the group, but Ray actually played along and answered his question without correcting him. We then got a photo with him, and said thank you and each of us shook his hand. When he got to me I told him what I did and he laughed and said he figured he was getting "punk'd".

My friends were understandably pissed at me for making them look like jackasses, but I was really surprised about how well Ray took the joke.

[This message has been edited by Dr. Ag 2015 (edited 4/21/2012 8:41p).]
birdman
Chris Duarte is real nice guy. All of Fugazi were great.

I met Lyle Lovett and Julia Roberts on a couple of occasions. Both times on early Saturday morning at Nortenos. First time, they actually struck up the conversation with me. Very laid back and nice.

I met Jesse Helms about 30 years ago. Total turd. Just passing by and he was awful.

Daniel Inouye, Hawaiian Senator and war hero, spoke to group of 50 of us. He was giving us a rah-rah speech but also interested in hearing our ideas. One of most gracious people I've ever met. He introduced himself to everybody individually. He was genuine and really engaged.

Ted Stevens, Alaska Senator, might be the biggest jerk that I've ever met. I'm not sure if anybody liked him. Another closed door meeting with about 100 people. He tried to big league everybody. After a ridiculous speech that was irrelevant, his aide took over. The guy was total buffoon and ignorant. They were quickly put in their place. Then they rolled their eyes, interrupted people, etc. It was like dealing with 12 year girls. They were told to behave or would be asked to leave. Stevens entire head turned purple and I thought he was having a heart attack.
nai06
AG
Well today I hung out with joe pug, civil twilight, the ting tings, and switchfoot. All of them were very very cool.
Old Sarge
AG
Don't know if Jackie Sherrill counts, but have met him a few times at the Aggie Golf Tourney's in Victoria. He taught me a trick shot that is MONEY, but illegal to the rules, for par 3's.

My Mother was a cheerleader in high school, and went to school with Kenny Rodgers. He called one day and asked her out on a date. She turned him down. Good for me, cause my Dad was a good one.
AGSPORTSFAN07
AG
I forgot Willy. Real nice guy. If you ever lived in Texas for more than 5 minutes I'm sure you've met Willy N too.
Quincey P. Morris
AG
I get that stuff is about the fans but even Nolan, an all around good guy, tells people to wait until he's done eating if he's approached at dinner. The fact that their famous and rich doesn't mean that you're entitled to be as rude as you like. It's obnoxious to interrupt someone's meal like that when you don't actually know them.
AGSPORTSFAN07
AG
Does it count if you went to school with one?

Vanilla Ice went to my high school and this girl did. Erika and I sat next to each other in English and talked all the time.

[This message has been edited by AGSPORTSFAN07 (edited 4/23/2012 9:34a).]
Corporal Punishment
AG
quote:
Rick Flair, on the other hand, is a really nice and cool guy.

I've met him, too, and he seemed like a cool guy. Never met Chris Adams, though. That would have been cool.
SteadicaTm
AG
Just finished shooting a movie last night with Nick Turturro, John Turturro's brother. He was usually pretty cool but he did blow up on set a few times over nothing.
Sex Panther
AG
@AGSSPORTSFAN07

Who is that girl and what does she do? She is smoking.
AGSPORTSFAN07
AG
SEX PANTHER: Her name is Erika Page. She's married to Bryan White. She's was on One Life to Live and Days of our Lives for awhile. She was hot in high school and is still hot. But she's super down to earth. At least she was. She's a very tiny woman if I remember correctly. That was a long time ago. Early 90's.
Sex Panther
AG
Who is Bryan White? Yeah man that chick is gorgeous.

@TCTTS

Email finally sent back, from my real address.
jlb2957
AG
Met Green Day outside the Paladium Ballroom in Dallas after a show they did there under the pseudonym The Foxboro Hot Tubs. Kind of felt bad for Billie as everyone out there hounded him. Tre was weird and always made strange, random comments. Mike Dirnt has to be one of the most down to earth rock stars in the world. After most the band had all gotten into their bus (having already signed autographs and taken pictures) Mike came back out alone and shot the **** with about 15 of us for 20 minutes or so. Could tell how much they cared about their fans.

Those are really the only celebs I have ever met...

On a Dimebag note: My mom is a detective in Arlington but way back when she was still a patrol officer, she got a noise disturbance call late at night; turned out to be Dimebag's house. She said he was an extremely nice guy and even gave her and her partner a tour of his mansion.
Texas A&M
Other than seeing Chuck Norris from a distance during his Kick Drugs out of School campaign, I haven't had any celebrity run-ins.

My brother has a funny story though from when he was living in Austin. This was back when the Cowboys used to have their training camp there. Him and a buddy had just won a game of pool at one of the tables in a local bar. A bunch of the Cowboys were there, and Troy Aikman and another player called 'next'. They all agreed to bet a pitcher of beer on the game. My brother and his friend won, but Troy was an ass and wouldn't go buy them a pitcher of beer. Instead he threw down $5 and said to 'get it yourself'. My brother and his friend told him they didn't want his money, they wanted a pitcher of beer from him. Troy had a few choice words before storming off like a spoiled brat.
AGSPORTSFAN07
AG
quote:
Who is Bryan White?

I know right. He's a country singer. Famous in the 90's I guess.

Philo B 93
I had my picture taken with Jon Bon Jovi several years ago. He had started walking away when the camera flashed. That picture was ruined. He looked at me and said "better get another one". Then he gave the photographer (and me) a second chance.

Then he offered to hook me up with a hot groupie. Naw, that's not true, but the picture part is.

nai06
AG
Side note: foxboro hot tubs are awesome. I have their vinyl and it's a great album. Has an early punk sound thats really good.
Old Jock 1997
AG
Great thread! I've got a couple that I'll have to share from a computer.
Btron
AG
I met Lance Armstrong and Jake Gyllenhaal at ACL. They weren't d!cks by any means but not very friendly. Then I've met Matthew Mcconaughey. He was very cool and laid back.

Probably the nicest was David Robinson. Met him at an Aggie Tailgate, him and his son were just cruising through in a golf cart. Very nice guy.
I've met Hayes Carll, very cool dude, he bought me a shot of Jim Bean before his show at Saxon Pub.
And I've met local weather man Jim Spencer. And I played dumb and asked him what got him into being a sportscaster then I made a gay joke. I was drunk at a party so I guess I'm the d!ck in that story.
FAST FRED
AG
Played one gig each on bass with Chuck Berry and Freddie King at the Bronco Bowl's concert venue in Dallas, back in the '60s.

Freddie was very friendly; Chuck was very businesslike.

Talked with Jerry Jeff Walker during either a HS BB or VB game, when my daughter (and I guess his) were playing at Westlake HS at Austin.

He was very friendly.

Played HS football with QB Jerry Rhome, who later placed second on the 1964 Heisman Trophy ballot, at Dallas Sunset HS.

Nice guy and a great teammate.

Sold a Fender Precision Bass to bassist Tommy Shannon who played with Johnny Winter at Woodstock, with Stevie Ray Vaughan in Double Trouble and was in the Arc Angels and Storyville.

He was nice and paid me top dollar.

Introduced myself to Little Joe Hernandez of Little Joe et La Familia at Ray Hennig's Heart of Texas Music in Austin.

He was cool.

Have spoken with Eddie Wilson, co-founder of The Armadillo World Headquarters and owner of Threadgill's in Austin, several times.

He's cool, too.

Gig 'em, FAST FRED '65.

Before the world wide web, village idiots usually stayed in their own village.

[This message has been edited by FAST FRED (edited 4/24/2012 5:12p).]
dcAg
A few more to add:

Henry Kissinger

A Director of the CIA and a couple of Directors of the FBI

Had a couple of beers with Jim Belushi watching the NFL playoffs at a small town airport. Very cool guy.

Lars Ulrich - met in at a hotel exercise room in Utah. Nice enough.

Lots of different athletes. None of whom stood out either way.

Know Your Enemy
AG
quote:
Played one gig each on bass with Chuck Berry and Freddie King at the Bronco Bowl's concert venue in Dallas, back in the '6os.

Freddie was very friendly; Chuck was very businesslike.

So ****ing cool.

WE'RE NOT WORTHY! WE'RE NOT WORTHY! WE'RE NOT WORTHY!
Bob Kelso
AG
Jammed with Adam Levine back in '03 at 104 studios in Houston. Cool dude. He plays guitar pretty good.

Met Tom Green last year at the Galleria. Dude smelled like weed and looked completely broke.
Potcake
AG
quote:
Musicians are more inclined to realize its all about the fans because they actually have to be face-to-face with their customers when they go on tour. Actors are little b-tches that jet-set around the world to film then return to their mansions and for the rest of the year. Maybe its a little more difficult for them to keep proper perspective, there really arent very many critical thinking lead stars in Hollywood, and even if there are it doesnt mean they show gratitude.

Bitter much?
El Tigre
Wes Welker upper-decked my toilet.
taz997
Another sports story:

My parents were at the airport about to fly back from Germany. My mother had taken my brother (age 5) and me (age 2) to the bathroom and came back to the gate to join my father who was chatting with a stranger. While the man was a stranger to my dad, my mother immediately recognized that the person was Andre Agassi. He was there with whoever he was dating at the time (1992) and they continued to chat until he boarded first class. After the flight, my parents were getting their bags and Andre approached them and asked if he could help with their bags. He, well really his chauffeur, carried their bags to their car. Parents said he was a really nice guy. It's just hilarious to me because my dad is the type of guy who would be chatting with an ultra-famous athlete and have no clue.

The only famous person that I've actually chatted with is David Eckstein, who really isn't that famous unless you're a baseball fan. (2 time world series champ and 2006 world series MVP)

His best friend worked with my dad so we got to chat with him for a bit before he played the Rangers in Arlington. Incredibly nice guy and autographed balls for us and what not.
buffalo chip
S
I took a leak next to Flea at the Hollywood Bowl following a Radiohead concert.
gigemhilo
AG
Met Bush 43 when he was governor. He came to the Bonfire Memorial at Central Baptist in Bryan the week Bonfire fell. I was a part of the singing group that sang at the memorial, and he came and met us all afterwards. only spoke a few words with him, but he was very genuine and nice.
AggieRAGE
AggieChemist
AG
Sat next to Mike Tirico on a flight to San Diego from Pittsburgh. Nice enough guy.

Sat behind Janet Reno on a plane. Dude is even uglier in person.
Tristan Ludlow
AG
Good dudes:
Randy Rogers
Eli Young (though Mike wears makeup)
Robert Earl Keen - Whole band are great people. REK is def a little "out there"
Wayne Coyne of Flaming Lips
Chuck Norris - Very short, wife is smoke
Rick Perry
Ben Stein - In Bucee's, was wearing signature slacks with tennis shoes

Chuck Knoblauch - Went to Texans game with him. Bought beer all day and was really nice. You can tell he's a bit nuts, though.

Brent Barry - Got hammered with him in San Antonio. Great dude. Big music fan.

Rudyjax
AG
quote:
Chuck Knoblauch - Went to Texans game with him. Bought beer all day and was really nice. You can tell he's a bit nuts, though.

How many times did he miss his mouth with his beer?
Sex Panther
AG
I once went to Dennys in CS after an 8 am just because my friend texted me Chuck Norris was there. I didn't talk to him, but he is very short, and his wife is ridiculously hot, especially for her age.
nai06
AG
Ditto on Wayne Coyne

hes a really nice guy

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.