Have you ever met any rude celebrities?

136,806 Views | 264 Replies | Last: 11 yr ago by eric76
Big Cat `93
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
quote:
Said Korn was some of the nicest guys out there and that most christian rock bands are jerks.

interesting.

A well-known CCM band played at my parents' church a few years ago. Their tour rider was absolutely ridiculous. They decided they'd never ask them back before they even played there.
Know Your Enemy
AG
I've met Korn and I wouldn't say the same thing.
RyanAg08
AG
quote:
Tim Cowlishaw was a big doooosh.

I once witnessed him picking his nose when his car was right next to ours at a stop light. O grinned when he turned to look at me.
TravelAg2004
AG
My stepdad was the general manager at the dog track in Corpus and Nolan Ryan and couple of friends came in one night. Was real nice and shook hands with everyone, but Corpus isn't known for the classiest people, so my step-dad moved Nolan and his group to a private room so they wouldn't be bothered. Said thanks and gave him 3 autographed baseballs.

About a year later, my step-dad gets a call and it's Nolan on the phone and says, "Hello Mr. XXXXXX, I don't know if you remember me, but this is Nolan Ryan." One of the nicest, most humble guys ever.
c-jags
quote:

A well-known CCM band played at my parents' church a few years ago. Their tour rider was absolutey ridiculous. They decided they'd never ask them back before they even played there.

i also had a church back home that hosted one of the biggest Christian names in music. Sang pretty much the most famous Christian song of the last 15 years I'd say. Their tour people were not nice. The band did not hardly say a word to us as we set up. A local (but incredibly talented) band opened for them and the sound crew locked them out of the soundboard and kept them from playing loud enough to be heard by the 3k in attendance but then cranked it up for the big band.

Afterwards a church member cooked some great BBQ for the entire crew and the band commented that they would have rather have had it catered and not with everybody from the church... in front of the church.

they were a pretty big band who exploded after that tour, but I could never bring myself to like anything they did after that.
AggieOO
if we are talking the coolest, i have to say that Bill Murray, Jason Sudekis, Matt Pinfield, Snoop, Dirk Nowitzki, and Shawn Marion were are SUPER cool.

and although most people I've talked to said that Rob Thomas was a giant d-bag, he was pretty f-ing cool to me, but that could be because we have a mutual friend.
AggieOO
oh...and Quentin Tarantino was pretty cool to us too.
Cancelled
AG
I met George Wendt and Corbin Bernsen outside the set of the tonight show back in the early nineties. They were both totally cool and we had a real conversation...I wasn't gushing or anything - a real conversation.
JD Shellnut
AG
^^^^^^^
Did u speak with him concerning possibly changing the setting of his popular show Cheers?
DustysLineup
AG
quote:
If I respond in an actual thread about meeting celebrities is everyone going to jump down my throat again for “name dropping”?

I've never taken your posts as "name dropping." Maybe if we were friends sitting around a dinner table or something, but I have no idea who the hell TCTTS is in real life, so it never occurred to me that you might be dropping names to try to impress a bunch of other anonymous posters. Appreciate what you bring to the board.
AggieOO
this thread got me to thinking about who all i've met...

Snoop
Shawn Marion
Dirk Nowitzki
Caron Butler
Bill Murray
Jason Sudekis
Olivia Wilde (was with Sudekis, but didn't talk to her)
Rob Thomas
Quentin Tarantino
George Brett
Matt Pinfield
Mike Sweeney
Steve Lillywhite
Patrick Monahan
Stu Cook & Doug Clifford (CCR)
The Counting Crows
Spike Lee
Ice T
Alberto Salazar
Dave Scott
Jerry Cantrell
Aaron Eckhart
Kara Goucher
Bernard Lagat
Dathan Ritzenheim
Paula Ratcliff
Shalane Flannagan
Tim Tebow
Michael Johnson
Ndamukong Suh
Brandon Harris
Marshall Faulk
Travis Barker
Tom DeLonge
Steve-O
Kevin Murray
Chris Lieto
Gary Hart
George Bush
Imogen Heap
Catherine Ndereba
Pam Reed
Harvy Keitel
Gary Sinise
Queen Latifa
Trey Hardy
MC Lyte

i'm sure i'm forgetting some.

some of those may not be a big deal to a lot of people, but the track & field athletes are famous to a lot of people.

Some of those I was just in the right place at the right time, some of them were due to work.

[This message has been edited by AggieOO (edited 4/20/2012 11:14p).]
schmendeler
AG
quote:
quote:

A well-known CCM band played at my parents' church a few years ago. Their tour rider was absolutey ridiculous. They decided they'd never ask them back before they even played there.

i also had a church back home that hosted one of the biggest Christian names in music. Sang pretty much the most famous Christian song of the last 15 years I'd say. Their tour people were not nice. The band did not hardly say a word to us as we set up. A local (but incredibly talented) band opened for them and the sound crew locked them out of the soundboard and kept them from playing loud enough to be heard by the 3k in attendance but then cranked it up for the big band.

Afterwards a church member cooked some great BBQ for the entire crew and the band commented that they would have rather have had it catered and not with everybody from the church... in front of the church.

they were a pretty big band who exploded after that tour, but I could never bring myself to like anything they did after that.

So which band was it?
AgPediRPh
AG
Ran into Darius Rucker at a bar in Houston and he was super cool. Not an A list celeb, but still pretty famous
Aggies76
AG
Schmendeler, I'm guessing dctalk.
ashleyschaeffer
Met John Saunders at a golf tourney years ago at Champions...said something along the lines of "Mr. Saunders, love you on tv man". "That's great, I'm Mike Tirico".

I "recovered" by asking him when he was going to give the Ags some love. His reply: "When they start winning some games".

At that same tourney I met Jason Gore and had him sign my hat. Davis Love was a jerk. Tiger didn't have time for anyone, though Fluff was pretty cool.

Surprise proposed to my wife at a Metallica concert, the guys saw me do it and we were invited backstage. Kirk Hammett was cool as ice, super nice guy and really engaging. Lars was pretty cool too once he recognized us.

Flew with Leslie Nielsen into Charleston, WV. Nice guy.
Bush 41 is cool.
Kara Diaguardi is hotter in person, no make up too.
Gave Stephen McGee my card once...LOL. I was drunk.

Talked to a couple of recruits on flights into C.S.
PooDoo
AG
Dr. Martin Luther King hit me in the chest.
BMX Bandit

You ain't never met no dr martin luther the king.
Sex Panther
AG
quote:
Surprise proposed to my wife at a Metallica concert

Who says romance is dead?
Hincemm
AG
quote:
^^^^^^^
Did u speak with him concerning possibly changing the setting of his popular show Cheers?

Underrated line
ashleyschaeffer
quote:
quote:
Surprise proposed to my wife at a Metallica concert

Who says romance is dead?

It was actually pretty nice. Hammett was playing his guitar solo Melbourne maybe 10 feet from us. Spot lights were behind him shining on us, who as luck would have it were the only folks wearing white (I was a larger young man so the billboard was in effect) in a sea of black. We were front row, the entire arena could see us because of the lighting, thought about it, asked her for her Aggie ring and took a knee. Place erupted when they noticed it, was pretty cool. Even downloaded the concert and you can hear it in the track. She says yes, we're both crying (shut it), solo leads in to Nothing Else Matters. Perfect. 5 min later their photog came by and said the guys saw us and invited us back. He had me recreate it so I could have a picture. I'll post it sometime.

Great experience, the crew was awesome with congrats, and wishing us luck. Again, can't say enough good things about Hammett. Must have talked to him for 20 min or so.

Reading my earlier post, my golf experiences were actially at two different tourneys both at Champions though. One was the Shell if I remember right.
ashleyschaeffer
She was also the pres of the local met-club. And I desperatly wanted to be first man. Power corrupts.
Vander
AG
quote:
Met Lyle Lovett once in College Station and again after a concert in the parking lot. Both times, he was such a nice guy that I felt like the jerk for thinking "this guy has nothing better to do than talk to me."

Met Lance Armstrong when he was "that high school kid from plano that just kicked everyone's ass" at a triathlon. He was just as arrogant and had just as big of a chip on his shoulder as you would expect. Can't say I blamed him, since no one really cared about him because he wasn't a football player.

[This message has been edited by Duncan Idaho (edited 4/20/2012 12:11p).]

Lyle Lovett is a really nice guy. My friends and I were at a restaurant in Tomball when we were in high school and the only other people in the place at the time were Lyle Lovett and the woman he was with. We didn't go up to him, rather he came up to us as some of my friends were eating the "Mega Mel" burger and he wished them good luck and said a few other things.
c-jags
quote:
Schmendeler, I'm guessing dctalk.

no. actually i went to a concert once for them and they seemed like genuine guys in the autograph line. i said "biggest song in the last 15 years" to hope to avoid Jesus Freak being considered

mercy me was the above mentioned band (i can only imagine.)

i forgot also that i worked an even with the same church that had skillet come play at a rally. Those guys were absolutely great. they had a rider in their contract to have a tub of only one color (i can't remember which) M&Ms in their room. when they got in there they saw it and laughed, saying it was a joke, and nobody ever actually did it.

[This message has been edited by c-jags (edited 4/21/2012 10:03a).]
Sex Panther
AG
@ashleyschaeffer

That is a really awesome story. Very, very cool. Glad to hear that about Metallica. Kirk has always seemed like the nice one, while Lars seems like the a-hole.

I wasn't going to share this story but I guess I will. I spent an evening hanging out with Roy Williams (wide receiver Roy) in Austin. We have a mutual friend (super hot chick) so I got to tag along. I don't know if it was just because I am friends with a girl he was trying to bang, but he was extremely cool to me. Every bar we went to he would get a section roped off and order bottle service, and I'm talking about 10 bottles of the most expensive stuff... I talked with him for quite a bit and got a picture. Was really surprised by how nice and down to earth he was.

Yes I know bottle service is dewshy but you're not gonna turn it down when it's free. I cant even imagine how much he spent that night.

[This message has been edited by Sex Panther (edited 4/21/2012 10:56a).]
Know Your Enemy
AG
All the Metallica guys are actually very cool with their fans.
Big Cat `93
AG
I guessed right on the band, c-jags. Shame, really. I like pretty much everything they've done except ICOI. Bart's a great singer.
cuppycup
AG
Richie Ashburn called me "fat boy" when I was 4 or 5 years old. I was kind of starstruck and confused waiting for his autograph and guess I wasn't moving fast enough. Traumatized.

I was happy when he died.
BillOnCapitolHill
quote:
All the Metallica guys are actually very cool with their fans.
Not if you downloaded their music.
bthotugigem05
AG
It's always fascinated me how some celebrities are called jerks for not wanting to take a picture with someone in the middle of their lunch or always be expected to sign autographs.
BillOnCapitolHill
You know what, if you make 30M a year for your image, maybe you owe the fans a little gratitude for paying your damn paycheck.
BillOnCapitolHill
Musicians are more inclined to realize its all about the fans because they actually have to be face-to-face with their customers when they go on tour. Actors are little b-tches that jet-set around the world to film then return to their mansions and for the rest of the year. Maybe its a little more difficult for them to keep proper perspective, there really arent very many critical thinking lead stars in Hollywood, and even if there are it doesnt mean they show gratitude.
ABattJudd
AG
I am in a restaurant at Disney World and Edward Burns from "Saving Private Ryan" is at the table behind me.
Rudyjax
AG
Tell him brothers McMullen is your favorite movie. And did he relegate his buddy Mike to insurance commercials.
PooDoo
AG
Bill Bates stood me, my dad, & some clients up on a round of golf with him we bought at a charity auction. Dick wouldn't even return a phone call.
RetiredpostalMarine
From What Alex has told me:

Nice:

Lyle Lovett
Willie Nelson
Eric Johnson
Tom Kenney
David Grissom
Albert Lee
Steve Lukather ( drunk)
Doyle Dykes
James Burton

Jerks:

Al Di Meola
Gene Simmons

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.