GIRLS on HBO...

54,975 Views | 580 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by cone
Jim01
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Yeah it was very close to some nipplege but I would best she had some pasties on with the way they went to lengths to NOT show it.

Agreed Shosh is cute. She definately showed she has a nice rump last season.

And with Lena it definately isn't about size. There is something ot be said for a curvy woman, but it is just how she is UNKEPT. Just ratty hair and doughness. Her sloveness is unattractive and that manifests in her body.
Inspector Spacetime
AG
For those asking about her ink, I believe she has said it is one or more illustrations from (a) children's book(s)
cone
AG
Ray is a golden god.
20ag07
Donald Glover rant- awesome.
Inspector Spacetime
AG
Freaking love Donald Glover.

Freaking hate Hannah.

Would be interesting to see if she ever pairs herself with someone appropriate, from an attractiveness standpoint. Maybe that fat guy from 1600 Penn, given the Book of Mormon connection on the show already? haha
Jim01
AG
Donald Glover was by far the best part of the episode. Ironically I am wearing my Childish Gambino shirt as I type this.

Hannah is so blah. More jazzercise, less cool whip from the tub lady!
cone
AG
glass steagall ftw
Topaz
Do people really like Adam? He is the worst. I would like to never see him on my TV again.
Elliot P. Campbell
AG
Adam is one of my favorites because he's consistently the most unpredictable character. Idk if it's the writing or the delivery but he's just fun to watch
Elliot P. Campbell
AG
Shosh is up there for similar reasons
Alan Stanwyck
AG
I really wish they would stop showing Hannah without clothes. Makes me really cringe. More of the others, less of Hannah and overall it would be a good show.
cone
AG
Lena Dunham is the Harvey Keitel of her generation.
TomHaverford
AG
quote:
I really wish they would stop showing Hannah without clothes. Makes me really cringe.
The more people complain, the more she's going to do it, it seems.

Picked up for S3 today.
TCTTS
AG
Last night's episode was easily one of my favorites. I could have watched an entire movie of Hannah, Elijah and Laird on their coked-up journey.
20ag07
I watched the 4th one on HBOGo today- unless I forgot, it might be the first one with no Lena nudity. Also makes 2 in a row with no Adam.
TCTTS
AG
Very, very tempted to watch episode four on HBO GO, but the quality is just never all that great. Though, I guess I'll be watching it early regardless considering it's a weird schedule anyway with the Super Bowl this Sunday.
stonana
AG
2007, Did you miss the scene in the bathtub?
Furlock Bones
AG
i'm really not enjoying this season so far. will probably stop watching.
TCTTS
AG
Went ahead and watched episode four... which confirmed for me even more that this is easily one of the best shows on TV, IMO. Loved watching the crumbling from the cracks in a lot of these relationships, save for that great bit toward the end with Shoshonna and Ray. Especially loved the incorporation of Oasis in the finale scene.

Sloan - If it's not working for you it, I totally get that this show isn't for everyone, but I'd be curious to hear what you liked about last season that you're not getting from this season. Granted, it's a little more "bold" this go around - for lack of a better term - but I feel like they've really found they're groove in these last few of episodes.

[This message has been edited by TCTTS (edited 1/28/2013 10:04p).]
20ag07
It almost feels like we're back to the peak-Entourage argument that "these episodes should be longer". Big canvas of characters with people dropping off due to lack of time. I guess Jessa moves in to replace Elijah, which is a comedy downgrade.

I think I liked the 4th episode better than the 3rd one actually. I dig awkwardness, and it was on a whole other level in that one.
TCTTS
AG
Yeah, I definitely feel like they could have milked the Hanna/Elijah roommate pairing for a few more episodes. The two of them hanging together up to this point has been gold. If Jessa slides in as the new roommate, comedy downgrade for sure. I don't really mind her character, but didn't miss her at all in those first three eps when she wasn't around much.

Overall, it really could benefit as an hour-long. With Entourage, at its peak, we simply wanted to just hang out with those guys on their adventures a bit longer. But with Girls, I feel like it could easily take up an hour or 50 minutes each week with actual plot. Then again, with a lot these actors getting more and more work (the guy who plays Elijah, the guy who plays Adam, etc.), they're absences would likely be felt even more.
TXAGFAN
AG
quote:
I watched the 4th one on HBOGo today- unless I forgot, it might be the first one with no Lena nudity. Also makes 2 in a row with no Adam.
uh...in the club?
20ag07
That was the 3rd one. Apparently I wasn't paying enough attention to the bathtub in the 4th one though.
Leggo My Elko
AG
So far season 2 has been a big disappointment.
Jim01
AG
The biggest takeaways from episode 4:

1. It made me realize how little I missed Jessa the first 3 episodes.

2. Allison Williams just keeps getting hotter. MY GOD.
Elliot P. Campbell
AG
Just watched episode 4, best of the season so far imo. I enjoyed the jessa stuff, it was obvious her and TJ weren't gonna last so it was fun to watch that blow up

Shosh and ray is awesome. A little cliche, but endearing
NorthHollywoodHenry
AG
Episode 4 was easily my favorite so far this season. I think each episode has been better than the one before in season 2.

[This message has been edited by htownfbman (edited 2/8/2013 1:33p).]
20ag07
Hated that episode. On 2nd watch the 2 eps before it were my favorite of the series. But that just felt unearned. I get what she was going for, but it was way too early in the series run for that kind of episode.
agfromlbk
AG
I really want to like this show but its getting annoying having to see Dunham nude every single week
Topaz
Wow! From best episode to the absolute worst just like that. That was pretty much unbearable.

I didn't for one second think a hot piece like Patrick Wilson would go for Hannah.

Lena's acting during her breakdown scene was just terrible. Like Allison Williams trying to cry bad.

I'm tired of seeing Lena's unremarkable body all the time. And I actually think she has a pretty face!

This show is so much better when all the GirlS are involved. But I'll keep watching.
TXAGFAN
AG
The way she dresses is JUST as bad as her naked.
Topaz
It would be great if Hannah had some clothes that weren't two sizes too small and she kept them on for an entire episode.
Inspector Spacetime
AG
quote:
I really want to like this show but its getting annoying having to see Dunham nude every single week

Is this your first season watching the show?
Elliot P. Campbell
AG
quote:
But that just felt unearned. I get what she was going for, but it was way too early in the series run for that kind of episode.

that's kind of how i felt about it. they had set up interesting stories for the other 3 girls last episode, and then this one just felt like lena being completely indulgent, almost like she was thinking "i know viewers are gonna watch, so i'll get a chance to show myself off"
Furlock Bones
AG
if this thing with patrick wilson goes longer than this episode, it will be pretty stupid.

i can see a lonely divorced guy banging an ugly girl half his age. but, not for longer than a week.

i really want to stop watching this show. i felt like the first season had its moments and kept me hoping for the show to take a serious jump in the 2nd season. unfortunately, the 2nd season to me is way worse.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.