GIRLS on HBO...

55,354 Views | 580 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by cone
tremble
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Rhos crushing dreams, was literally talking about the show at the office today and was wondering if **** like that happens.
rhoswen
AG

And am I the only girl posting on a thread about a TV show CALLED "Girls?"
boogieman
AG
Ha! Does that say more about you or about us?!
H.E. Pennypacker
AG
Third episode was NAILS.
Elliot P. Campbell
AG
rho i think so

i don't care, it's effing hilarious
HtownAg92
AG
Totally hooked.

The face she made when the gay guy described her as sort of handsome was hilarious.
TomHaverford
AG
I'm not sure I even know why, but I think this is my new favorite show. Not as good as last week, the best of the series so far, but still solid.
nai06
AG
I loved this episode. The eye brows had me rolling
TCTTS
AG
Right there with you, Haverford. I watch Girls right after Mad Men, and it takes a lot for a show to pull me away from the high that is Mad Men, and yet Girls has done it time and again.
Elliot P. Campbell
AG
this episode was awesome! the characters are becoming very well-defined in their own way. shoshanna continues to be my favorite character

i did get angry at hannah for falling for adam's charms yet again, i hope eventually her series arc will end with her maturation and eventual cutting ties with that ******bag
cr06gis
AG
The diary song was nails
20ag07
This show is so damn good. I was slightly underwhelmed (on high expectations) by this episode until they got to the diary song. So awesome. The looks on their faces as they realized what was happening and changed from jamming out to being horrified was just just pure greatness.
jtmoney03
AG
The diary song was greatness.

But the best line of the show, imo, goes to Shoshanna..."I'm totally not an attached bleeder". That had me rolling for some reason. That whole scene was great because of the inexperience of her character.

Glad I gave this show a second chance. It's paying off.
ORAggieFan
Definitely an improvement. The song was hilarious. No dude is going to have a chicks pants off and stop because she's a virgin, but whatever, that was funny. The whole sexting thing was hilarious as well and definitely didn't expect the shirt to come off right away (did expect a response).
H.E. Pennypacker
AG
Two great episodes in a row. Love all Tge eyebrow and touchy boss talk w the secretaries for some reason.
Jim01
AG
Just caught up and I am really enjoying it. The world traveling nanny character is a royal C U Next Tuesday. Hopefully she starts to bring something to the show soon. So far she just makes me angry.
aCosmicBandito
AG
And everyone talks about the traveling Brit like she is super hot, but I think she is kind of ugly. She has a weird face......and is a dumb C word as you said. Definitely my least favorite character. Nothing really interesting about her, and she is supposed to be the most interesting/mysterious one of the group.

I don't get why the best friend would be mad about Hannah's song besides just being a BSC girl. All she has talked about the entire show is how much she hates her boyfriend and how he is too clingy. Just typical girl **** where it's all cool until your DBag boyfriend takes your best friends diary and reads her opinion about him which mirrors pretty much exactly how she felt already. The scene was funny though.

I am liking the show, but it's strange because I also want to punch pretty much every character in the face too because they remind me of every type of idiot people have dealt with in this hipster, in touch with your feelings, insecure, broke and living off your parents because life is tough generation.
TomHaverford
AG
"You barely have the ability to get to the office on time. You aren't going to go to the effort of suing me. There's not a suing app on your iPhone."

"I just tried to **** you, sue you, and extort you. I'm ****ing nuts- why would you want me in your office?"

"One day, I'm going to write an essay about you, and I'm not going to change your name. Then you can sue me."

The jacking off scene was a little more than I needed though.
Furlock Bones
AG
agree that the boss scene was freaking hilarious.

the jerk off scene was totally ****ed up.
TCTTS
AG
Gotta say, I thought this was easily the worst episode of the season so far. If the last couple of episodes were an example of how good this series can be, tonight's episode was definitely an example of how bad it can be; the pointless, weirdly-inserted flashback, the unbelievablity (even by Hanna-standards) of Hanna trying to have sex with her boss, the drawn-out scene of what's-his-face jerking it, etc. It was all just a little too much for me.
Elliot P. Campbell
AG
LOL at shoshanna hiding behind the curtains

ending scene was weird and unnecessary. not sure what the point was
aCosmicBandito
AG
The jerk off scene was weird but I thought it was funny in a twisted way. It also showed the purpose that Hannah realized she doesn't have to be the one who is being used in her situation with the rat faced loser. She can use him. She went from being nearly in tears in the bathroom to the point where there was a moment while she stood there watching him where she went from real confusion to a sense of empowerment, playing along and having control of the situation for the first time instead of being his pawn. It's the first time she's taken control of anything in the show. She couldn't even get her boss to sex her up before that.

I didn't mind the flashback either just for the cameo of the gay boyfriend. Cracked me up how desperate he was to go dancing. British girl continues to be my least favorite character and IS NOT HOT.
Bunk Moreland
that episode sucked. And I was really starting to defend this show to others during the last week...kinda hope they went and watched the first few eps and didn't just start up with that last night.
nai06
AG
I liked the episode. I thought it had its funny moments even if the last scene was a little weird. I think aCosmicBandito hit the nail on the head. For the first time she was in control (got $100 too). I also cannot stand the brit chick. I dont think she that hot either.
Elliot P. Campbell
AG
also, idk the character's name, but marnie's boyfriend's friend, the guy working at the coffee shop, is ****ing hilarious
Joan Wilder
AG
I agree, it is strange that I like this show while at the same time sort of loathing all the characters. This whole hyper-articulate and entitled attitude combined with lack of work ethic...just contemptible. But I enjoy the show.

"there's no suing app on your iPhone" - so on the money.

The British chick is just awful and pretentious.
AGgirl83
AG
I liked the flashback scene because it showed the two in the beginning. He was always the guy that's the "nice guy" and he's never been anything else for her. It just shows how she's changed over the years, but he's the same. I thought it paired up well with their break-up scene.

Plus the gay boyfriend loving the Scissor Sisters was awesome.
Jasomania
AG
If the goal is for me to hate every single character on the show, then they are doing a fantastic job.
Elliot P. Campbell
AG
idk why y'all are hating every character. shoshanna is impossible not to like IMO, and Marnie isn't so much hateable as she is just a typical girl that makes some dumb decisions.

jessa is completely easy to hate though, and hannah just gets on my nerves with every single thing she does
Jasomania
AG
Shoshanna is easily the most likable, I don't actually hate her, and pretty much every scene with her has been hilarious.

I get what they are going for, they are showing these women who think of themselves as strong, independent, successful women and then you see the reality of their lives which is anything but that. And its enjoyable to watch but none of them are very redeemable (Shoshanna excluded). Odviously Jessa is the example of just being a terrible person but Marney isn't much better how she treated her BF. I guess we are suppose to root for Hannah all of her problems seem to be completely self caused and I don't really have any sympathy for her.
aCosmicBandito
AG
I would bang Marnie so I forgive her.
ORAggieFan
I thought this weeks episode was hilarious and the last two have both been very good.
phatbc
The masturbation thing was really ****ing weird, and that dude is snnoying and creeps me out. Not a huge fan of this episode but liked the two before it a lot
Losman
AG
Each of the women has their positives and their faults, it seems for them their faults are what make the show interesting and fun to watch.

I like Shoshanna and I hope they make her first time epic and funny as hell....
ATM9000
AG
The last scene and the crossover between the 2 girls and their repective interests was sort of brilliant. Both of the guys were being creepy in their own way, but one was doing such in an uninteresting and smothering way while the other was somewhat intriguing and unpredictable albeit disgusting... the latter kept the girl's interest... the other one lost. I think that was the point of that entire scene... it illustrates why nice guys generally lose with ladies in general.

[This message has been edited by ATM9000 (edited 5/15/2012 7:46p).]

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.