How do Texans fans rationalize Kubiak?

4,835 Views | 41 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by malenurse
Warrior Poet
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I am honestly curious. He was, by most accounts, a complete failure at Houston (combined 61-64 record). He had two decent seasons ended in the playoffs and never sniffed a Superbowl appearance. He was fired mid-season.

• 2014 - He becomes OC at Baltimore, where he installs the best offense they have had in 20 years. He is a top candidate for a head coaching job.
  • 2015 - He is hired by Denver as head coach. His quarterback is old and has his worst statistical season since entering the NFL, but Kubiak won the Superbowl in his first year as head coach.
  • 2016 - He again is considered to be leading the best team in the country. He has a new (young) quarterback, who is probably a top 20 quarterback in the league and is helping them win games.

How is a guy who is so successful everywhere else such an abysmal failure at the Texans?
The Wonderer
AG
Because Rick Smith is a dumbass.
titanmaster_race
The Wonderer said:

Geralt of Rivia
S
2011 was going to be the year, but then Schaub got hurt. They went to the divisional round with freaking TJ Yates at qb, before Jacoby Jones handed Baltimore that game...and then Jones signed with Baltimore that offseason (purely by coincidence, Im sure)
titanmaster_race
Nice job with the choice of forum for this thread.
aTm2004
AG
The Wonderer said:

Flashdiaz
AG
The Wonderer said:

And McNair won't fire him.
91_Aggie
AG
Houston gonna Houston.
Frederick Palowaski
AG
The Wonderer said:

Picadillo

91_Aggie nailed it. Some towns are just snakebit.
gambochaman
AG
Rick smith might be the worst GM in all of sports

91_Aggie
AG
Imagine being a sports fan in a town that only has major title because the best player in that sport "retired" for two years.
Ag In Ok
AG
Rick smith and bud adams both effed pro football in Houston. Both are incredibly stupid and in buds case, evil.
Geralt of Rivia
S
I hate Bud Adams even more for not selling the Oilers name back to McNair
Ryan34
AG
Even in Houston, Kubiak has always had very good offenses. Took him too long to find a legitimate DC, and then he was overly loyal to Schaub.
LPHA
AG
Warrior Poet said:

2015 - He is hired by Denver as head coach. His quarterback is Peyton Manning and has his worst statistical season since entering the NFL, but Kubiak won the Superbowl in his first year as head coach.

Fify
Frederick Palowaski
AG
91_Aggie said:

Imagine being a sports fan in a town that only has major title because the best player in that sport "retired" for two years.

Dumbest s*** ever. He came back and lost in the playoffs.
03_Aggie
Picadillo said:

91_Aggie nailed it. Some towns are just snakebit.

Yet Cleveland won an NBA title and the Indians are play in the WS. I think the torch has been passed to Houston.
91_Aggie
AG
Mr.NiceGuy said:

91_Aggie said:

Dance puppet, dance.
GiveEmHellBill
AG
In Baltimore, he had Joe Flacco. In Denver, Peyton Manning.

Who did he have in Houston?

Exactly.
Unemployed
AG
Mr.NiceGuy said:

91_Aggie said:

Don't feed the troll. 91_Aggie has been saying the same thing as long as I can remember.
hunterntexas
AG
gofundme to buyout Brock Osweiler's contract

Geralt of Rivia
S
hunterntexas said:

gofundme to buyout Brock Osweiler's contract

hunterntexas said:

Why do fans of other teams feel compelled to get on an obvious Cowboys thread, say "Cowgirls" like they invented it, and then discuss their team?
If you want to talk Cowboys, fine. If you want to talk Texans (or whatever team), get the f out and go start your own thread.

Seeing it is a Texans (or whatever), I won't click it as I truly don't GAS what the other teams are doing nor what they have to say.

http://texags.com/forums/12/topics/2779971/replies/47122451#47122451
hunterntexas
AG
Point taken.
I was just trying to help.
Geralt of Rivia
S
Houston does need all of the help they can get qb wise
hunterntexas
AG
Also, I do find it slightly scary that you remembered that and had it ready to post so fast.

Scary and flattering.
Geralt of Rivia
S
I have a good memory for random **** that I should really not remember...unless I needed to know it for school
Warrior Poet
AG
Okay, so Rick Smith is a dumbass and the Texans won't fire him, and Schuab was hurt.

I honestly thought more people would be saying Kubiak has gotten lucky in Denver and stumbled into a talent-rich team that was winning for several years before he got there. I mean, he took them farther than they had ever gotten, but they were still a good team nonetheless.
IrishTxAggie
AG
Kubiak also has a modern day genius of a GM at Denver. When it comes to recognizing talent at a good rate, Elway is damn good at what he does in that office. Obviously why he wasn't willing to take the chance with Brock and why he brought in Siemian.
Stat Monitor Repairman
I blame the Texans for Johnny's meltdown.
FNG
Wade Winston Wilson said:

I have a good memory for random **** that I should really not remember...unless I needed to know it for school

Here
OnlyForNow
AG
Who dat?
Flashdiaz
AG
91_Aggie said:

hey dumbhead, Houston Comets won 4 WNBA championships
gambochaman
AG
and the dynamo!!!JUAN!!
91_Aggie
AG
Flashdiaz said:

91_Aggie said:

hey dumbhead, Houston Comets won 4 WNBA championships
oops. I stand corrected! Yay Houston!
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.