#RacismAtTAMUFeelsLike

16,602 Views | 147 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by Method Man
Swarely
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Quote:

Hundreds of testimonies of perceived acts of racism were tweeted with the hashtag #RacismAtTAMUFeelsLike, as were opposing and dissenting arguments against the comments Sunday night and continuing into Monday.

The Texas A&M chapter of the NAACP tweeted out a request for students to tweet personal thoughts and accounts of racism they have experienced or heard about on campus. Stories began coming in soon after the hashtag was created.

Quote:

Along with comments and tweets supporting the hashtag, many students were denying the hashtag or criticizing the stories being told. Opposing comments included accounts of being discriminated against for being white and Republican.

Quote:

Following the social media activity prompted by the hashtag, vandalism of the Lawrence Sullivan Ross statue in Academic Plaza was reported to the University Police Department Monday morning. The words "Racist KKK gen **** Sully" were written in marker on the base of the statue. At time of press, no one has been found responsible for the incident, nor is there a clear link between the hashtag and the vandalism.

http://m.thebatt.com/news/racismattamufeelslike/article_b880c3b4-94e0-11e6-9c01-fb5fdca457d1.html?mode=jqm
FOUR THIN INCHES
AG
#RacismAtTAMUFeelsLikeAffirmativeAction
chipotle
lol...the batt
Flashdiaz
AG
surely this can't be abused by our rivals by making up stories
#soundslegit
Tatem
there's no racism in America
FOUR THIN INCHES
AG
chipotle said:

lol...the batt

The Batt used to be great back when I was in school:
http://archive.is/DnE6a
http://texags.com/forums/6/topics/1540910
HBCanine08
AG

Ragoo
AG
so the NAACP encourages people to race bait? shocking
CharlieBrown17
AG
Some of those tweets are weapons grade stupid....

Quote:

when ur parents have to ask u if u ever felt discriminated against bc they worry about you being a minority at A&M
The most racist thing you've felt is your parents asking if you've been discriminated against because they think it should be happening?
titanmaster_race
Sully was not in the KKK. Whichever dumbass vandalized that statue needs to do some research.
CharlieBrown17
AG
titanmaster_race said:

Sully was not in the KKK. Whichever dumbass vandalized that statue needs to do some research.
A few weeks ago there was a dumbass in front of Sully screaming how Sully was a slave owner and if person yelling (black) was alive back then Sully would've killed him. Not really sure he got the whole premise of slavery. Dude also had a sign that said WE WORSHIP A RACIST, I guess I haven't been saying my nightly prayers right for a few years.
HBCanine08
AG
When someone calls you a s**c#RacismAtTAMUFeelsLike

I had never been called that until I got to A&M. Same category as wet-back which I had been called before.

can't fix stupid. Just moved on.
redd38
AG
#RacismAtTAMUFeelsLike assuming every white person is a racist
HBCanine08
AG
redd38 said:

#RacismAtTAMUFeelsLike assuming every white person is a racist

this too. Some of you white folks are down with the brown, and I appreciate that. especially the white women
FOUR THIN INCHES
AG
#RacismAtTAMUFeelsLikeWhereTheWhiteWomenAt
HBCanine08
AG
this guy is an idiot:

Also, WTF?
IrishTxAggie
AG
Is this where we come to apologize for being white?
Ragoo
AG
CharlieBrown17 said:

titanmaster_race said:

A few weeks ago there was a dumbass in front of Sully screaming how Sully was a slave owner and if person yelling (black) was alive back then Sully would've killed him. Not really sure he got the whole premise of slavery. Dude also had a sign that said WE WORSHIP A RACIST, I guess I haven't been saying my nightly prayers right for a few years.
fwiw, without sully texas a&m goes unfunded in 1891 and likely prairie view along with it.
FOUR THIN INCHES
AG
Leave Coach Bible's baptismal gown out of this.
AggieHaylea13
AG
#DownWithTheBrown for life
Geralt of Rivia
S
COOL LASER FALCON
I think racism is bad
Ragoo
AG
and this wack job is a mormon, look around next time you are in temple wearing your white robes and mormon underwear.
CharlieBrown17
AG
HBCanine08
AG
AggieHaylea13 said:

#DownWithTheBrown for life
talmbout
IrishTxAggie
AG
My ex was a brown... Her dad called me an honorary Mexican because I was the only "white boy" he had ever met that would eat his "Habenero Hell" hot sauce.
So... #DatedABrown #NotARacist
titanmaster_race
Holee sheeyat. This ******* is a Mormon.

I guess he really believes that it truly was just a coincidence that God changed his mind about all non-whites being cursed at the exact time the Supreme Court told Mormons they couldn't exclude people based on color?

Just wow.
MrPlow2010
AG
these kids dont even know what real racism is. They get so bent out of shape when others say mean things. They could learn a thing or two from listening to people that lived during the Civil Rights Movement.
Geralt of Rivia
S
#FriendsWithTbird #TeamNotRacist
AggieDarlin
AG
This shi- is getting old.
HBCanine08
AG
titanmaster_race said:

I guess he really believes that it truly was just a coincidence that God changed his mind about all non-whites being cursed at the exact time the Supreme Court told Mormons they couldn't exclude people based on color?

Just wow.
Yeah...that story about what they believe/d is f-ed up.
titanmaster_race
HBCanine08 said:

titanmaster_race said:

Just wow.
Yeah...that story about what they believe/d is f-ed up.

Religion that was made up to justify westward expansion and Manifest Destiny
Ragoo
AG
MrPlow2010 said:

these kids dont even know what real racism is. They get so bent out of shape when others say mean things. They could learn a thing or two from listening to people that lived during the Civil Rights Movement.
they just want to be cool and "change the world"
they see nfl players kneeling and they take to social media to be seen.
you cannot disagree with them because SJW army is waiting in the shadows to accuse you of being racist or bigot and how do you defend yourself from the bully?
that is what this is social bully tactic.
CharlieBrown17
AG
Meanwhile #RacismatUTfeelslike Bleach Bombs
redd38
AG
People like Emilio Bernal are the reason racism isn't getting any better. He, and people like him, pretend they are fighting racism when really they are intentionally encouraging racism. Until some real leaders step up in the black community to shut down these losers then it's just going to continue to get worse.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.