Yeti Tumbler vs Ozark Trail Tumbler

5,747 Views | 31 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by TexasAggiesWin
Rusty GCS
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Any of y'all get the Ozark Trail tumbler from Wal-Mart?

Works just as good as the Yeti and its only $10 as opposed to about $60 for the 30 oz.

Obviously not talking to you Dallas Ags that have to have the name brand of everything.
reb,
AG
i noticed that the other day in walmart and was wondering whether they made a private label knock-off.

i took the retail buying classes at A&M so i can't help but notice these things
OasisMan
AG
<updates spreadsheet census labeled people of walmart>
jah003
S
I've got 4 of the Ozark Trail tumblers... They are great. Use them everyday and they keep ice everyday.
Vernada
AG
The Ozarks are great.
jetch17
AG
It's a fugging cup, WGAS
80s Guy
Got an Ozark last week for the County Fair. It kept ice and the drink cold during 95+ degree heat. Worked well.
Wildman15
AG
Yeah. A Toyota Camry can get you from point A to B just like a corvette can, but which one is truly better? Buy a Yeti like an adult.
reb,
AG
quote:
It's a fugging cup, WGAS
brah, how many pics of your rambler have you posted
Aero95
AG
I believe they're made in the same factory. I've got one and have no complaints, nor do I care about the brand name on something like that. It's not like the difference between a BMW and a Kia.
TyHolden
AG
I once filled my rambler with 2 beers on a summer Saturday afternoon. I forgot about it and found it a week later and it was f-ing frozen solid! I dumped it in an ozark and an hour later it was nothing but hot piss.
jetch17
AG
quote:
quote:
It's a fugging cup, WGAS

Oh I'm YETI'd up, son. But it's MUCH better when they all come free
GinaLinetti
AG
I have both and an RTIC. They are all pretty much the same. The yeti and RTIC seem to keep ice in a hot car a bit longer but not ~$30 longer. Their can koozies keep beer just as cold. Doesn't seal as well on bottles is the only noticeable difference
Wildman15
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
It's a fugging cup, WGAS

Oh I'm YETI'd up, son. But it's MUCH better when they all come free
You have life figured out.
jetch17
AG
Yeeeeeeah
Joe Exotic
AG
quote:
It's a fugging cup, WGAS

Ya but Ozark Trail stickers don't look nearly as cool on the back of a jacked up dually
jopatura
AG
I have an Ozark and my husband has a Yeti he got as a gift. As long as you make sure the seal is good on the Ozark, it'll last overnight and still have a little bit of ice left. The lid is definitely subpar and the rubber moves quite a bit. I have to fiddle with it to make a tight seal. I routinely will fill up my Ozark before going to the park with my kid, leave it in the car, and it'll be just as cold when we come out a few hours later. For the price, it's not worth buying a Yeti.
runontexas
AG
quote:
Obviously not talking to you Dallas Ags that have to have the name brand of everything.

Sweet Kitten Feet
S
It's vacuum-sealed stainless steel. Thermodynamics don't change based on the label stamped onto the lid.
GigEmBevo
Oh good. We haven't done this thread in at least a week
Rusty GCS
AG
quote:
i noticed that the other day in walmart and was wondering whether they made a private label knock-off.

i took the retail buying classes at A&M so i can't help but notice these things

I googled. Yeti is suing Wal-Mart and the cups are out of stock and discontinued.
HowdyOutbound
I'll only buy Ozark Trail if it comes with a sticker for my truck and a sweet hat that both say OZARK TRAIL so everybody knows about my awesome taste in products with lots of insulation in them.
Flashdiaz
AG
Yeti's keep my life source fluid warm and my north face windbreaker keeps my core warm for optimal survival.
Dill-Ag13
AG
They're made in the same friggin factory in China. I have better things to spend $30 on than a stupid thermos.
Fonzie Scheme
AG
quote:
the rubber moves quite a bit. I have to fiddle with it to make a tight seal.

Kinky

jja79
AG
Just picked up 2 at Walmart. I believe Igloo manufactures them.
HBCanine08
AG
quote:
Yeah. A Toyota Camry can get you from point A to B just like a corvette can, but which one is truly better? Buy a Yeti like an adult.

What year is your corvette?
Wildman15
AG
quote:
quote:

What year is your corvette?
clever. I don't own one, but I also don't own a Camry. I do own multiple Yeti products and use all of them regularly.
AggieT
AG
If they aren't identical, they are so close that I wouldn't pay anything extra for the yeti.
PatAg
AG
quote:
No the example should use is, a Camry can get you from point A to B with quality and efficiency. But if you are a ****** you drive an overly lifted truck. Get a yeti.
Wildman15
AG
quote:
quote:
No the example should use is, a Camry can get you from point A to B with quality and efficiency. But if you are a ****** you drive an overly lifted truck. Get a yeti.
I sense some repressed anger
aTm2004
AG
I'm not hourly, so I have a Yeti.
TexasAggiesWin
S
It's a Lincoln versus Ford. The Yeti crew feels good that Matty tells them how sweet they are.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.