Asking for a military discount?

7,159 Views | 114 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by BQ08
Ragoo
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
quote:
quote:
What is tacky about asking if someone offers a military discount for active duty?

Tacky for 70 year old man to ask because 'nam.
This is some of the dumbest **** I've ever heard. Why would it matter if the veteran was 70 and served in Veitnam. Do you not realize these soldiers, sailors and marines were treated like **** upon returning home? What a dumbass statement to make.
and? What does that have to do with today? I don't think that to be in the spirit of these discounts but to each their own. By the way I used Vietnam only because those that served would be in that 70ish age group.
uncover&humpit
AG
Why should a 70 year old veteran not be able to ask for a discount for their service? Is it only okay to ask until they're 35? If they served, they are veterans for life and most businesses are happy to offer 10-15% off to honor their service. You probably don't understand unless you have served or had a family member who has served. Go get you're ass shot at and then we can talk.
Kenneth_2003
AG
So is Vietnam no longer worthy of a flag on my father's casket when that day comes? The owner of the company I work for served in Korea, so no flag for him?

Because that was to long ago?
Because the politics of that war don't match you idea of 'Murica, F yeah!?

If you're a vet with a DD214 and a business offers a discount, heck yes take it! Anyone that EVER honorably wore the uniform deserves the benefits that come their way.

Is a discount deserved or owed? No. Our vets are owed what was contractually promised by uncle Sam when they signed. Is the govt screwing that up, YES! I think they are falling very short. However freedom dictates that the civilian side is free to choose how to honor those fine men and women as they see fit.
hunterntexas
AG
I found out tonight that Texas Roadhouse gives 20% to veterans on Mondays.
Eliminatus
AG
quote:
I found out tonight that Texas Roadhouse gives 20% to veterans on Mondays.
Ok....this is one I can get behind. Love Roadhouse!
Joe Exotic
AG
All locations? That's pretty sweet if so.
Chickenhawk
quote:
All locations? That's pretty sweet if so.
hunterntexas
AG
Not sure about all locations, but I wouldn't doubt it.
They open early to do free lunch for vets on Veterans Day.
BQ08
AG
quote:
No one can even touch 153L, we fly as hell.

All I read was blah blah crew rest blah blah red air blah blah can't do it winds too strong.
Pirate04
AG
Someone's jealous
BQ08
AG
Not even... I'm prepping my tank company to go out and schwack with the big guns.

Tankers... We are all pretty much Brad Pitt.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.