Johnny Depp & Amber Heard

2 Views | 62 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by Amazing Moves
combat wombat™
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Amber Heard put out a statement that she was donating her entire divorce settlement from Johnny Depp to charity... this was never about the money... blah, blah, blah. She named the charities and the amounts she was giving them in her press release.

What's Depp do? He sent the payments directly to the charities on behalf of Amber Heard.

I don't really care much about these two folks. But that there is funny.
titanmaster_race
That's fantastic
Humorous Username
AG
IrishTxAggie
AG
Did he just hi-jack her giant tax write-off?!
Slicer97
AG
good for him, getting to f*** her one last time
Tanya 93
quote:
I think so!
AliasMan02
AG
quote:

Shouldn't matter for her. Either way her gross is the same.

It is better for Johnny, though.
Furlock Bones
AG
That's so money.
Ragnar Danneskjoldd
AG
I dont get why being married to someone entitles you to their earnings....
ham98
quote:
19th Amendment?
aglaohfour
AG
Hilarious, but I don't understand how he can get away with that legally if he was ordered to pay her?
combat wombat™
AG
quote:
Hilarious, but I don't understand how he can get away with that legally if he was ordered to pay her?
Legally, he might not. But if she wasn't lying in her press release and he gives them all of the money, can she really complain. The article stated he made the payments on her behalf... I don't think she loses any possible charitable deduction.

But if she was simply trying to look good via her press release, but she meant to keep the money, she'll end up looking very bad.
Duncan Idaho
quote:

What does legal have to do with family court?

Family court is all about feelings, and being able to successfully leverage victimhood and culturally engrained misogyny that says women are helpless with out a man.

Duncan Idaho
And with his kind of money, a $7mm tax right off to make the ex look like a fool so money well spent
aglaohfour
AG
quote:
quote:

What does legal have to do with family court?

Family court is all about feelings, and being able to successfully leverage victimhood and culturally engrained misogyny that says women are helpless with out a man.

Good point.
HBCanine08
AG
quote:
Sanctity of marriage. Duh.
combat wombat™
AG
quote:
Well, a long time ago, women were financially helpless without a man. Didn't have their own money, couldn't get their own credit, etc. And women who stay at home to care for their husband, kids, and home are, frequently, even today in similar situations at the back end of a divorce.
WC87
AG
I really thought that marriage would last. Sad.
FIDO*98*
AG
quote:

Marriage is a partnership between two people. If you don't 'get' that, I'd suggest not getting married until you do
dcAg
I totally believe everything that she has said or alleged. He seems like very much every bit of an a**h*le.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
You mean between a man and a woman. Right?
combat wombat™
AG
Imma withhold judgment since I don't know what's going on with these people. Wish I had a crystal ball like you.
Ragnar Danneskjoldd
AG
So dumb

Being someone's partner doesn't entitle you to their earnings either
FIDO*98*
AG
quote:
You mean between a man and a woman. Right?

I meant purely in the secular legal sense of the modern marriage as defined by government and supported by laws. It's a legally binding contract
IrishTxAggie
AG
Because Amber Heard did such a great job of creating one of the top 10 characters in cinematic history...oh wait...
$240 Worth of Pudding
AG
quote:
Because Amber Heard did such a great job of creating one of the top 10 characters in cinematic history...oh wait...

Not sure what this even means. But more importantly, she's definitely in my top 10 of bonerific history.
IrishTxAggie
AG
People saying she's entitled to his money because of communal property BS. He's worth as much as he is because of the Jack Sparrow character. She didn't have any part in helping him build his net worth. Especially after less than two years of marriage.
Aggie_2463
AG
My gf use to be good friends with Amber back in middle school before she moved away from manor just before HS to go private school or whatever. I keep saying you should reach out to her but she won't. Would of liked to of partied with Johnny and Amber one time! Damn the luck
combat wombat™
AG
The drama continues.

"Oh, if you are going to pay them directly, you need to double the amount," says Amber. You know, in order to account for the tax deduction you will get. Amber doesn't understand basic tax law. Johnny will get, a charitable deduction, which will reduce his taxable income. However, his income is so high, that his deductions will almost certainly be limited. Also, his tax rate is going to be very high... but no where near 50%. She needs to stick to looking pretty.
Ragnar Danneskjoldd
AG
Doesnt he live in France?
Ag_07
AG
I'm just gonna go ahead and make this thread not suck so much.

Brian Earl Spilner
AG
So it's not actually about the charity receiving that amount, eh? Big surprise there.
combat wombat™
AG
quote:
So it's not actually about the charity receiving that amount, eh? Big surprise there.
SHOCKER!
IrishTxAggie
AG
Bob Loblaws Law Blog
AG

quote:
Would of liked to of partied with Johnny and Amber one time!

Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.