Favorite prof at A&M?

37,752 Views | 287 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by Bayside Tiger Ag
Liquid Wrench
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Junkhead said:

Dr. Wiggins - POLS
Hadn't thought of him in a while until I went back through this thread. Good guy.

Agree with the others who mentioned Dr. Calvert.
Humorous Username
AG
Humorous Username said:

Chester Dunning (Russian History)
James Richardson (AGEC 429)

Just found out Dr. Richardson just retired. Well deserved for a great man.
Tex Ag 81
AG
Dr. Litzenberg AGEC
Tecolote
AG
Humorous Username said:

Humorous Username said:

Chester Dunning (Russian History)
James Richardson (AGEC 429)

Just found out Dr. Richardson just retired. Well deserved for a great man.
Chester Dunning - awesome prof!
Kool
AG
Social Media Influencer said:

Junkhead said:

Dr. Wiggins - POLS
Hadn't thought of him in a while until I went back through this thread. Good guy.

Agree with the others who mentioned Dr. Calvert.

Not to mention, Dr. Wiggins is a HUGE Aggie football fan.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
cinag83
Norm is awesome.
30wedge
Dr. Larry Gene Pointer, Advanced Accounting. He and his wife hosted a party at his home, think she taught freshman English. Nice, nice guy. Was confident I would pass the CPA exam the first attempt, then at the exam site I see all these guys and gals I had interviewed with at some of the Big 8 (lol, back when there were 8) and started to panic that perhaps this thing was harder than I gave it credit for. I heard someone shout my name and it was Dr. Pointer who was proctoring the exam. We talked a bit, joked a bit, it calmed me down and things went well.

Dr. Marvin Tummins, Cost Accounting. Taught us to pass the cost accounting question that was sure to be on the exam. He was a visiting professor from the University of Georgia. When I got to that cost accounting question, I was certain he had submitted it!

Dr. J. Steven Picou, Sociology. Took a sociology class he taught, and wound up taking another sociology class he taught as an elective.
Bayside Tiger Ag
Arnold Leunes, no?
Bayside Tiger Ag
In all seriousness, I have 3:

- Dr. Jim Benjamin, Accounting 229 and current accounting department head. Best prof I have ever had, and that's including profs I had in a full time MBA program elsewhere. Always went beyond the curriculum to teach real world applicability.

- Dr. Kerry Cooper, International Business. Definitely retired by this point, but this guy made everyone in class appreciate how global events shape domestic business. Our class took Dr. Cooper and his wife to dinner at the end of the semester because we liked him so much.

- Dr. Rick Giardino, Geology. Think he's high up in Geosciences now and just saw he was recently awarded the most prestigious academic award at TAMU in the last month. Another great one whose passion for everything rocks made learning from him great

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.